Croatia 09 is here!!!!!!!

Paulbde

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents

For your delectation, please find via the link below the outline for the Croatia 09 trip.

Link here (as the pdf doc is 6MB big, please right click and then choose Save Link As, and then open it from your PC)

Please note, we will hold a meeting in February to go through the event in more detail, but please register your interest early, as we will be capping the numbers this year.

If you have any Q’s, drop me a pm

Best regards

Paul

Sick bag on stand by ! Count me in mate !! :JB

Happy New Year ! to all the Italia 08 Crew :aidan

See you all soon

Richard

Alright Chuck! :thumb2

I'm out this year Paul, a quick look at your pdf & I already know I'm more of a 'ride a bit, stop & appreciate a bit' type of guy. :mmmm

Anyway, just pm'd you regarding that matter we talked about earlier & left my details.

:thumb2

Paul's organisation is superb, last year he acted as shepard for too many to count (at times) & not a bad word was said at the end of the tour. If you're interested in a slick, well thought out trip get in quick.

Look fwd to the photos. :thumb2

Happy New Year to all the Italia 2008 gang.

A photo that sums up Paul's 2008 effort...

-0351Medium.jpg

Hi Phil, sorry to hear you wont be going. Excellent review of Italia08 :thumb

Yes, the photo sums it up, drink beer :beerjug: till the mozzie bites stop itching ! :)
I also see we invented the beer hammock ! This was Gippo's :ymcafavorate "Camp" site ! Hey Buddie !

Paul organised a very good trip, He da Man !

important information

For all of you that have seen the reports of Garmisch 07, and Italia 08< then get stuck in, as there will not be an 2010 trip, as im off to the world cup in SA :)

so, if you want to do it, nows the time..............

'09

"be prepared to camp"

Camp??? what's that, is it like a Graham Norton or Alan Car kind of competition?? :nenau :pullface

Ah yes Camp: (adjective) exaggeratedly or affectedly feminine, especially in a man

:bow Thanks for the route :clap

Count us in. Look forward to meeting you in person in February.

Parky & Wigwam.

Hi Paul, Looks like a great trip, so please count me in.

I'll be in New Zealand in February so I won't be able to join the planning meeting, however I'll follow developments on the interweb. :type

Now where's that Sargeant seat catalogue?

count me out please. I will be taking my lad just 12 and will be going for about 15 day so i can take a meandering path :roll he gets tyred aaaa bless :sleep

Paul, can I also express an interest, at least to be part of the Feb planning session before a final decision. I can offer some knowledge of Mainz, as I travel to it regularly and was living there when I bought my first BM. So I can find the 3 Irish pubs and suggest a few resturaunts, and know where the local dealers are....

Hi
I am OceanGoing, GSer from Split Croatia.
Your plan looks good to me except in one pont and that is leg from Split to Zagreb. As per this map you are planing to go via Banja Luka. I will take liberty to remind you that Banja Luka is in Bosnia and Hercegovina and as much as I know UK insurance do not cover it. Anyhow IMHO that road is to bad to ride in one day on pleasant way.
May I suggest to you to take road via Plitvice waterfalls. Amazing place and "must see" in Croatia.

Ladies and Gents

For your delectation, please find via the link below the outline for the Croatia 09 trip.

Link here (as the pdf doc is 6MB big, please right click and then choose Save Link As, and then open it from your PC)

Please note, we will hold a meeting in February to go through the event in more detail, but please register your interest early, as we will be capping the numbers this year.

If you have any Q’s, drop me a pm

Best regards

Paul

Hi there,newbie here,also computer duffer !! followed instructions up to the save as link bit,think that was successful but dunno how to open it !!! What a P### still,cant be good at everything eh ! Any help appreciated.
:rob

You need a reader

You need to download acrobat reader which can be found:

http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Enjoy, and perhaps we will see you Sunday

PL

Hi there,newbie here,also computer duffer !! followed instructions up to the save as link bit,think that was successful but dunno how to open it !!! What a P### still,cant be good at everything eh ! Any help appreciated.
:rob

Hi
I am OceanGoing, GSer from Split Croatia.
Your plan looks good to me except in one pont and that is leg from Split to Zagreb. As per this map you are planing to go via Banja Luka. I will take liberty to remind you that Banja Luka is in Bosnia and Hercegovina and as much as I know UK insurance do not cover it. Anyhow IMHO that road is to bad to ride in one day on pleasant way.
May I suggest to you to take road via Plitvice waterfalls. Amazing place and "must see" in Croatia.

Thanks for the advice :beerjug: Welcome to the site also :thumb

Nice routes Paul, you've obviously put in some research! One quick question ('scuse the lack of PM): Is this a ride-as-a-group-everywhere kind of trip, or are you happy for people to stop or even deviate slightly as long as everyone gets to the same accommodation at roughly the same time?

Cheers mista,
Mup.

Mup, last year we split into at least 3 groups (if you can call Tom a group :D)
I rode from Rome to Rimini on my own & no-one sent me to Coventry. :cool:

I rode from Rome to Rimini on my own & no-one sent me to Coventry.

That's reassuring as I'm not sure where I'd least like to be on a bike - Rome or Coventry. :)

Only asking as this would be the biggest deciding factor, I likes to stop and take pictures just about everywhere, and also get very prone to random "wonder where that road goes?" syndrome.

This trip caught my eye as the dates are pretty convenient for me; I'll be in south-east Germany around the 20th July for a family event so it wouldn't take much more to leave a week early and tag along with some nice people, seeing a couple of new countries in the process.

I wonder how Paul's doing for (confirmed) numbers by now ... ?

Mup.

Back
Top Bottom