How Much Weight can I Lose in a year??

Betty Swollocks

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In keeping with Thunder & Oonyack's attempt to stop smoking a year before the trip, I have decided to try to lose as much weight as possible, starting, a year to the day before the trip.

This morning I was 19st 6ib (272lb) :eek: I intend to post my weight on the first day of each new month. Some family and friends have agreed to sponsor me one pound sterling, for each pound weight I lose each month. If I put weight on, I will throw £10 into the kitty for every pound I gain.

At work and home, I have produced a poster and chart and declared my intention to approx 40 workmates this morning, so it is now official.... I gotta do it.

Watch this space, as I will keep you all updated as to the progress at the monthly weigh-ins...

Oh and I am not asking for anybody here to sponsor me £ for lb......, but if you feel like sticking a quid in the accound, my justgiving link is here...

Good luck my fat friend.

I'm on my third day with no smokes so I will probably pass you on the way up when your coming down in wieght:blast

Eat as much as you want just don't swallow it:beerjug:

There is more calories in drams than beer:( sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings:augie

2 days into the south beach diet - more choice than alkins diet :thumb2
I'll give it up by the weekend no doubt :rolleyes:

I think the medical concensus says to lose about 2 pounds per week is a safe weight to lose....:)
Good Luck...if you eat all that Christmas chocolate now, which is still lying about the house, it won't tempt you later..............:D

I think the medical concensus says to lose about 2 pounds per week is a safe weight to lose....:)
Good Luck...if you eat all that Christmas chocolate now, which is still lying about the house, it won't tempt you later..............:D

Thats 7 stone in a year!

Betty. For each month your down I'll stick £5 in the kitty.

Wow! Thanks for the kind gesture :thumb2

And to everyone else for the words of kindness. Had Oonyack warned me about the drams I might have reconsidered.... too late now!

7 stone in a year...... I wish :drool

If you were 7' 4" your BMI would be 24.7!! Good luck with the weight loss don't think eating less think eating better and running around more!:D

hit www.slimmingworld.co.uk and follow it I'm back on it after drifting off course a tad

I lost 2 and a half stone in 3 months and I didn't starve as you well know! :aidan :aidan :aidan

Cheers Jay, I may join you in the future... at present, I am just gonna eat less and eat 3 meals a day.... cut out the drink as much as possible. I will prob have one treat night a week.... eat a take away and have a bottle of vino or two :augie.

Anyways, I was hungry this evening and found out how to overcome.... spend an hour unblocking the sewage drain :eek:

Why not go online and register there and work from home

Treats are built into this diet as long as you work the system!

Loosing the weight is not the greatest problem, but keeping it off is. The 2lbs a week is the best way cause you have to work on the bad habits and have a health lifestyle to keep it going.

Great!........ Revenbyrne had just made a bucket of tea and brought in a tray of biscuits........ he doesn't worry about his weight!!!!!!! MEN

Best of Luck will be watching every month

Geraldine

Put your socks on yir hands and every time you put food tae yir mouth ye'll smell feet and it'll put ye off:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom