Alloy welder needed ...

Pipster

Reaction score
Guys

Need some welding doing to the alloy subframe on the SE to beef it up ...

See photo needs a couple of triangle fillets welding highlighted in red :D ...Also anyone who could give me a price to make a rear fender rack like the one in the photo ...:thumb2

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00725.jpg
    DSC00725.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN1572Medium.jpg
    DSCN1572Medium.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 334
Who... me?

The welding of the fillets is nothing, but the rack will be dear, so I recommend you buy a blackdog unit from Aus/USA.
I could make up a racking but to have the cut-outs a shown would be way over the price of a mass produced unit.

Timpo.

Who... me?

The welding of the fillets is nothing, but the rack will be dear, so I recommend you buy a blackdog unit from Aus/USA.
I could make up a racking but to have the cut-outs a shown would be way over the price of a mass produced unit.

Timpo.

Timpo

Will the subframe need to be removed from bike to weld or can it be left on and all the bits near the area to be welded taken off :nenau

Shame about the rack like the idea of being able to remove the grab handles and fit a rack that is strong enough to lift the bike bike without it bending :thumb2

Timpo

Will the subframe need to be removed from bike to weld or can it be left on and all the bits near the area to be welded taken off :nenau

Shame about the rack like the idea of being able to remove the grab handles and fit a rack that is strong enough to lift the bike bike without it bending :thumb2

Best remove the subframe to be safe. There are several delicate electronic circuits that make a bike run nowadays, these are easily damaged by electric welding currents.

Timpo.

Daft question

Are you sure thats alloy, looks like steel to me, Have you done a magnet check on it?

Are you sure thats alloy, looks like steel to me, Have you done a magnet check on it?

Defo alloy some off the guys on ADV have had them break due to overloading...

Steel its not a Fecking GS made out of recycled Panzer tanks :D

Attachments

• 16Broken_sub_frame_010.jpg
    16Broken_sub_frame_010.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 205
Pip
I went looking on the Blackdog website , i expected to find a Steel subframe
which i couldnt find ,is this what your looking for ,is it available ?.
I worked a 950Ktm and was amazed at the subframe , but i wouldnt
underestimate the Strenght of Aluminium.

Basically , what i am asking is do you want a Box section Steel subframe ?.

Pip
I went looking on the Blackdog website , i expected to find a Steel subframe
which i couldnt find ,is this what your looking for ,is it available ?.
I worked a 950Ktm and was amazed at the subframe , but i wouldnt
underestimate the Strenght of Aluminium.

Basically , what i am asking is do you want a Box section Steel subframe ?.

Just looking to have the orignal one beefed up :thumb2

If you have a close look at the photo of the broken subframe theres a hole in the plastic tray below the break-thats where a bolt go's up into the subframe which causes a weak spot :(

I'm looking to somehow beef up the subframe or weld a box section hoop to the rear part of the sub frame so it has the same strengh as the front part :thumb2

Guys

Thanks for all the replys and pm's ...Vern has offered to see what he can do he's only up the road from me so it make sense to use him :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom