North Wales weekend

Celyn Campsite

Trang,

I'll make some enquiries. I know a good few people in Dinas, so I'll get the low down. The site is right by the side of the main road, so easy to access. Will post a thread back shortly.
I should have my X Challenge back by the event. Its dead and in BVM in Stroud undergoing surgery at the moment. Rhoi shout os ti ar dy feic yn yr ardal.
Jon Bont

Syt mae Pawb!
Been for a run today from Dinas Mawddwy over to Llangollen ... without using main roads ... :eek:. Bike looked like it had been through a muck spreader.
Don't think I'll suggest that one for the weekend - Big Al will never forgive me.

Nice view from Bwlch y Groes though ....

Attachments

• BwlchGroes.jpg
    BwlchGroes.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 145
Na you'll be fine Robin, I'll send you the cleaning bill later:augie.
Looking forward to the w/end, ave orderd some sunshine.

Syt mae Pawb!
Been for a run today from Dinas Mawddwy over to Llangollen ... without using main roads ... :eek:. Bike looked like it had been through a muck spreader.
Don't think I'll suggest that one for the weekend - Big Al will never forgive me.

Nice view from Bwlch y Groes though ....
get a map up and show us the route then:thumb

Map please..

Could be free.. map and location details please... :D

My poor GS did very few miles last year, hoping to rectify that this year.

Rocks

Could be free.. map and location details please... :D

My poor GS did very few miles last year, hoping to rectify that this year.

If you ever need any help getting out seeing as i live about 3 miles from you give me a shout if you want a spin:thumb

Celyn Campsite

Trang,

Asked a friend from Dinas about the campsite on the side of the road today. She thinks the owner will be OK about having a bike gathering there to camp on the planned weekend, but will need to call him to organise.
Anyone camping there is usually put up on the hill away from the main road, but within the grounds of the campsite all the same. Just a short walk through the village to the red lion from there.
Hope this helps
Jon Bont

get a map up and show us the route then:thumb
It's not that good - gets down to narrow lanes by Llanarmon DC. You can link in to some of the trail roads on the Berwyns if you know where to go. It's been a long time for me ... I had a proper motorbike then ...
GreevesScottish250.jpg

This is the route ... trimmed where I couldn't even follow the satnav :blast
View attachment DinasM_Llangollen_2008_02_22.gdb

It's not that good - gets down to narrow lanes by Llanarmon DC. You can link in to some of the trail roads on the Berwyns if you know where to go. It's been a long time for me ... I had a proper motorbike then ...
View attachment 112901

This is the route ... trimmed where I couldn't even follow the satnav :blast
View attachment 112900

Haven't you got work to do:augie

:hide

New office? Something you want to share with me?

I'm the latest semi-permanent resident at the Hotel Metropole ... along with a large number of others from various national organisations. I don't know why they don't move Cardiff to Llandrindod ... be much less inconvenient :hide

I'm the latest semi-permanent resident at the Hotel Metropole ... along with a large number of others from various national organisations. I don't know why they don't move Cardiff to Llandrindod ... be much less inconvenient :hide

Can't they move it to Llandudno Junction, that would be more fun:thumb

See you tomorrow.

Dates and Locations - North (Mid) Wales Weekend

Hasn't today been stunning? Due to a meeting finishing early, I've sorted the details for the North (Mid) Wales weekend:

Dates: Friday 19th June to Sunday 21st June 2009
Arrive as you can Friday 19th to Celyn Brithion campsite at Dinas Mawddwy (click for details). Camping has an area for securing the bikes, and about 10-15 minutes walk to the pub. Friendly people.
If you are camping, please reserve a place using the link on the website celynbrithion [at] btopenworld [dot] com and say you are with the GSER Wales group.
Evening in the Llew Goch / Red Lion when you can get there.
Saturday 20th: Ride Out - 'Mor a Mynydd - Sea and Mountains: The Best of North Wales' - tracks, fast roads, quiet, popular and a selection of cafes, not to mention mud and ample selections of farmyard offerings to delight those who polish their bikes :hide:
Saturday Evening: Group meal at the Llew Goch / Red Lion.
I believe they do a mean steak (I'll have a damp lettuce leaf :augie) I'll take preliminary bookings for meals nearer the time - I've provisionally booked for 10 people
Sunday 21st: Depart to four corners.

I'll post a details of B&Bs for those who want a greater degree of comfort, and the menu for the meal when I get it through.
----------------
A little story to warm your hearts ... :rob
Taking the bike to Llandrindod Wells today was the right thing to do. Apart from the frost and mist on the way down, the views over the mountains (at 0630) were fantastic. The bonus was that the afternoon was sunny and hot, and the meeting finished early. I enjoyed the warm tarmac, the wide roads, and the quiet traffic on the way back.

I came up the A470 to the Brigands Inn at Mallwyd, passed the roundabout, still enjoying the warmth and golden sunshine.
As I came round a left hand bend into a right hander, I'm presented with a lorry on the opposite side of the road, and an Audi overtaking it on my side of the road. It was far enough away not to panic, but close enough to start braking and tucking in.

At this point, cue a pheasant, grass verge right. A cock pheasant, in full plumage. A fine bird, big and proud too, in his strutting stuff. Obviously something was drawing him onwards, so he stepped boldly into the road, right in front of the oncoming lorry. Suddenly becoming aware of the lorry, Mr. Pheasant moved smartly forward straight into the path of the Audi which neatly collected it in the centre of the grill. There was an explosion of feathers, the Audi lost the decorative rings, and I think Mr. Pheasant lost his as well. Probably not his major concern at that point as he then fell under the car.

At this point there were lots of things going on. Mostly braking, some swerving, and some whites of eyes. Some clenching also. It crossed my mind that the bird would come out from under the back of the Audi (still on my side of the road) and it would then be in my path. The ghost of Mr. Pheasant had different ideas, and the limp body shot out from the side of the car and rolled unerringly towards me. By this time I'd lost enough speed not to be panicking and gave up on the “shall I go left or right of the moving corpse” quiz. There was a bump, and I carried on, hoping there wasn't another squadron of pheasants lined up behind the lorry.
Another second either way and I would have been collected by either the car or the pheasant in flight.
Why do I have this problem with F****G PHEASANTS???? Why do they want to hit me???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Top man Robin, I am definatley in on this one, PW, me + others will be heading your way on the Friday Morning, tents and all! :camping :thumb2
I always thought you were a Pleasant Fecker :chickendance :D Glad your reactions were on the ball and the bike is okay :thumb2

Top man Robin, I am definatley in on this one, PW, me + others will be heading your way on the Friday Morning, tents and all! :camping :thumb2
I always thought you were a Pleasant Fecker :chickendance :D Glad your reactions were on the ball and the bike is okay :thumb2

Thanks Allan
Been looking for clues for a quiz, but decided I can't match your expertise, so may just settle for a run over the mountain roads. Found some good ones lately, places I never knew existed :JB

Nice one Robin,:thumb glad all's well, do ya need me to send some cleaning material up if we're going on some country roads on our w/end,away:augie , You can keep them in a safe place untill we get there. I'll be camping by the way. [ wannna watch Al fall into his tent again,:beer: I can still see it now:D:D:D]

Back
Top Bottom