offroading around coalville - be careful

vilguy

Reaction score
Took my GS offroad for the first time today, namely around parts of the coalville loop.

If you happen to go around these be careful as some t*** had decided to pull large branches across parts of the lane , usually just behind blind bends... got caught by one and almost had me off. Found this is several areas. As well as what looked like cricket stumps sticking out of the ground angled to pretty much try and kill you.

Still had a great time, i was pooped afterwards though haha.

hello riding god, sorry mate it wouldnt let me pm you. Is your box full or something?

i go to uni in Coventry, and live in Leicester.

To answer your pm

It was my first time greenlaning on the gs too, and my first off road sesh in about 2 years haha. I got some tkcs on today, am presently running on standard suspension but have adventure suspension on order and have some swmotech engine guards to go on.. but the sodding bobbins on the bash plate have sheared off (so that isnt fitted either) still the lanes around here tend to be very muddy (not ideal for gs's) give me a shout if you want to go out for a ride. IT would be good to have a riding buddy.

Higgsy

Hey mate, I'm Leicester based too and alwys looking for some green lanes! Got a GSA drop me a pm if u fancy a rideout
Jim

haha.. what have a started...

yeah there is a pretty famous collection of roads around coalville and the like, i dont know the entire thing.. i need to get some os maps etc. There are some other riders on here that do know it though. Might be going out next weekend if anyone fancies a ride around, theres nothing "too" difficult and going out in a small group would be much safer than going it alone. Drop me your phone numbers if you fancy it

ok well im going over to ashby now, ill try a few lanes i havent tried yet on the way and hopefully be able to put together some sort of route for us. I think the proper coalville loop would be impassible by a gs, physically! some of the lanes are just too narrow.

ok well im going over to ashby now, ill try a few lanes i havent tried yet on the way and hopefully be able to put together some sort of route for us. I think the proper coalville loop would be impassible by a gs, physically! some of the lanes are just too narrow.

never say never! you'd be surprised here a GS will go! my numbers 07528 877 634 count me in :thumb2

hey Vilguy, it may seem pretty futile, but have you reported it to the police?

It's difficult to know if some of these things are intentional or kids pissing about, but if it is reported there is always a chance that someone can investigate.

Would hate it to turn from branches to say bit of wire...

Nah i didnt to be honest, i moved all the branches and stuff off the trail and into the hedgerow so its at least clear. I dont think theres much the police could do. Dont know if theres any fuzz trail riders round here?

I rode a few more lanes today, found a couple that are suitable for the gs.

Also dont know the capabilities of the guys who want to come out. Im no expert offroader but good enough to cope lol.

hey Vilguy, it may seem pretty futile, but have you reported it to the police?

It's difficult to know if some of these things are intentional or kids pissing about, but if it is reported there is always a chance that someone can investigate.

Would hate it to turn from branches to say bit of wire...

hello riding god, sorry mate it wouldnt let me pm you. Is your box full or something?

i go to uni in Coventry, and live in Leicester.

To answer your pm

It was my first time greenlaning on the gs too, and my first off road sesh in about 2 years haha. I got some tkcs on today, am presently running on standard suspension but have adventure suspension on order and have some swmotech engine guards to go on.. but the sodding bobbins on the bash plate have sheared off (so that isnt fitted either) still the lanes around here tend to be very muddy (not ideal for gs's) give me a shout if you want to go out for a ride. IT would be good to have a riding buddy.

Higgsy
Thanks Higgsy
Looks like you wont be alone next time
Ive got to change my tyres and fit some protectors before i take it on the soft stuff which means waiting for pay day at the end of the month ! I will pm you my details and be in touch when ive sorted it
Cheers
Wayne

For all those peeps that are interested in 'The Loop' have a look at

www.larf-online.com try 'loop' in the search box..

a friendly buch of people that meet every month in Coalville.
There are a number of members that now seem to be moving over to the big Trailee's. There will no doubt be a number of ride outs this year on GS friendly lanes.
'Coalville Loop' is an interesting ride of at least a couple of hours,nothing too challeging for KTM 400/450 and the Yam/Suzi etc equivalents but a different kettle of fish for the GS rider (novices anyway)

Membership of the above group is a paltry £10 (£11 by PayPal:)) and can be recouped if you use Mitas tyres:augie:cool:

Membership allows you into the inner sanctum of the website where all manner of ride outs are arranged.

Give it a try, especially if you are fairly local, and want to find some lanes to ride and some mates to ride with..

Hiya mate, i would be interested in joining you for some easy off road. Let me know when your next out.

Cheers, dave

+1 on joining the LARF club, i am in the process of doing so, i just need to get off my ass!

Im thinking this weekend we could all meet at the mcdonalds in coalville, on the A511. You cant miss it.

Whats easiest for people, morning or afternoon? Sat or Sun

Come along digga! You can borrow my CRM if you want?

+1 on joining the LARF club, i am in the process of doing so, i just need to get off my ass!

Im thinking this weekend we could all meet at the mcdonalds in coalville, on the A511. You cant miss it.

Whats easiest for people, morning or afternoon? Sat or Sun

Come along digga! You can borrow my CRM if you want?

Ahh!
i am partaking of someone else's kind offer of a loan of a KTM 640 :augie for a GS friendly ride out in the Peaks ( remember:blast !)

But could be up for that some other time.... i think i can remember most of the lanes...

get yourself a OS map of the local area ready for the next LARF meet,
the clubs marked maps will be there ... all you have to do is transfer the data :D

oh yeah :blast forgot sorry matey.

Next time!

Yeah ill do that matey! Ill be a member by then too! haha

Back
Top Bottom