"Pop Up" Tent

Quechua pop up tents are Ace:thumb2

we rode 4500 miles in 20 days , used most ov the time , packed up easy n threw up in seconds

a few examples

Not far from Nurburg ,Germany this fitted two after a 600 mile ride in torrential rain, pic was taken next mornin
tent germany.jpg

Austria all packed up

tent austria.JPG

Romania on the river danube
tent romania.jpg

Bulgaria by the ferry crossing to Romania
tent bulgaria.JPG

Holland campsite , great for dryin wet clothing
tent holland.JPG

we had very bad rain , it was like a tropical storm in places we camped , the tents wer fine, digger06 has sprayed silicone on his and it was a little better waterproof , the water just shook off better than mine.

when ye get used to how they fold up there a piece of piss.

they get my vote:thumb2

ugg

I thought about the Khyam range of tents. Expensive though

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2yOnaG8xn0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T2yOnaG8xn0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I thought about the Khyam range of tents. Expensive though

A mate has a Khyam, everytime we go anywhere my Coleman Quartz 3 (now phad 3) is always up quicker than his Khyam and I know which one I would rather be in when the weather turns bad.

Small pack, easy to erect, porch with removable groundsheet, good quality tent for about £125.

ColemanTent.jpg

A mate has a Khyam, everytime we go anywhere my Coleman Quartz 3 (now phad 3) is always up quicker than his Khyam and I know which one I would rather be in when the weather turns bad.

Small pack, easy to erect, porch with removable groundsheet, good quality tent for about £125.

ColemanTent.jpg
I have a couple of Khyams too, great tents, but the thread is about pop up tents, I have used mine in strong winds, torrential rain and in temps down to -6 or so, the absolute best thing about the pop up tents is the sheer speed and convenience, the Quechuas I have are called "three second" tents and thats about how long they take to put up, in stronger winds they flex then return to shape, rather like a jelly wobbling, when I find a motorcycle portable one I will buy it.:thumb2

Stewart

just bought the little pop up tent, first thing was it's not that small when you put it up, not a bad size at all, thought I'd use it with a decent size tarp so it should always be dry and I'll have somewhere to cook.

Putting it away was a bloody enigma :eek until I watched the on line video 30 odd times. Now can get it up in 2 seconds and put away again in about 20, the wife says that's nothing new:confused:

Back
Top Bottom