Any advice for someon going to Romania

KarlC

Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I are looking to ride to Romania later this year and it is a bit off the beaten track - for us anyway.
Previously we have toured around France Germany and Italy but never got as far as the Eastern European countries.

Any advice based on experience would be very welcome. :bounce1

Mr Ifan from this site knows Romania very well indeed. I will let him know of your enquiry. :thumb2

Those girls are not waiting for a bus :eek:

Go NORTH, or South

People may look like they wish to kill you but all they want to do
is show you a wonderfull time

Sorry for the hijack Karl but if all's well my next job is in Craiova, Easter to Xmas, and as soon as I get an apartment with parking fixed up I'll be riding back to have the bike there all Summer so same questions apply and any help appreciated .....

keep outa the badlands, and watch the roads, can get v bad, gps is only around 10 per cent coverage, lots of lorrys on main roads, pretty though

Us too

Physiojo and I are thinking of heading for Romania in July. Two bikes, my r1200GS and her f650. Would appreciate any advice. Do the dates come close to yours? Would you like to ride together for a while? :beerjug:

Drop me a pm if you wish.

Regards,

Path.

P.S. Mr Ifan, I would appreciate a copy of the PM if you read this. :thumb2

No fixed dates as yet - subject to work and also my wife's employer etc. However, having said that, in all liklihood it will be during the school summer hols - my wife is in education field. :)

My advice, stick to the E68 when entering and leaving the country. The road surface is great (although you do have to put up with loads of lorries). Most of the other road surfaces are like this
Balkans%20Tour%202008%20Olly%20174.jpg

and this
Balkans%20Tour%202008%20153.jpg

The GS is the perfect bike for it though! :thumb

BUT, it is a very beautiful country. Just don't expect much when it comes to accomodation (and virtually no campsites anywhere).

As a country they are putting a lot of effort into improving the infrastructure, but it'll be a good 10 years or so before they reach the equivalent of places like Hungary or Poland.

My advice, stick to the E68 when entering and leaving the country. The road surface is great (although you do have to put up with loads of lorries). Most of the other road surfaces are like this
Balkans%20Tour%202008%20Olly%20174.jpg

Blimey - good photo - gets straight to the point :thumb

Funnily enough that really wasn't the worst road. The worst roads were packed with traffic, so was too dangerous to stop and take photo's. :blast

In Romania , and in Poland never go with moto on main roads. In Poland is better but in Romania you will have no chance to overtake because of heavy traffic. If you want to do Urdele pas (67C) don't go from Sebes because this part is hide in the forest without nice view.Nice country on the north from Satu Mare via Huta Certeze , Sapanta, road was much better than in 2005. Very nice road to Vatra Moldovitei.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom