***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conti attack

Found these tyres to be excellent on my 12 GSA

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Had tourance's and b/wings over the past 5 years on my 1150 Adv.

Now on my second set of conti t/attacks and found them to be fantastic in both wet and dry conditions. Can't see past them now.

Tricky

Anybody know if it's OK to mix Conti Trail Attack on the back with Tourance on the front?

Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Anybody know if it's OK to mix Conti Trail Attack on the back with Tourance on the front?
    Well nobody would officially recommend it, but I've often finished off a front with a different rear and have never noticed any issues. Think about it, if a manufacterer said, 'you can fit any front with any rear' they'd sell quite a few less tyres. Bit of a conspiracy this 'only fit matched pairs' thing really' good business for all of them if they get you to through away a half worn tyre every time you change a pair.
    I'd stick to matched types though, like tourance and trail attack as you suggest, wouldn't risk say an 020 with a battlewing.

An alternative question, anyone had experience of both trail attacks and road attacks on a gs? I noticed a friend has got road attack2's on his tiger, and they're only about a fiver more. So are they worth considering, will they last as long, is the extra grip offered usuable in real terms?

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Only thing I would say is I think the Contis have more grip than the Tourances, so if you push it the front would go first, but you can always hold it up on your knee.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

conti tyres

Always had road attacks on my 1150 GSA, around 5000 for rear and 8000 for front. Good feedback and plenty grip.
    mixed riding, speed, loaded etc.
    Road attack 2's on now, bit softer methinks, 4000 for rear, trying a trail attack rear today from Buckley Tyres, top service.
    Will feedback in couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by atka View Post
    I've had the trail attacks on for about 4K in which time they have been driven hard including motorways at 110 mph (legally) with about 2K carrying a pillion (photographer) and they are great very good grip in wet and dry, except for one issue, the tyres are clearly a dual compound as the shoulder tread has worn quicker then the centre and where the two meet there is a lip between the tread either side of the grove hard /soft, it doesn't seam to effect handling but it is something to be aware of.
    I concur, massive amount of grip wet and dry more so than old tourance and very confidence inspiring. I noticed the lip as well when wearing and the accompanying rumble when leaning was so bad it led me think my b/b bearing was on the way out. Tyre life was also not as good as the old tourance, so on balnce i stuck with tourance.

I ain't got no stinkin' visa! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just got back from a 7,000 mile blast around Europe, having fitted a brand new set of Trail Attacks before I went... I've used TA for the last few years and I'm extremely pleased with them.
    I attach a photo to show you how the rear looks after 7k, compared to a new one.
    There's 12mm of tread on the new TA in the centre, and 3mm on the used one.
    There's 9mm of tread on the new TA at the edge, and 5mm on the used one... I was trying as hard as I dare on the twisties, did about 100 miles off-road and only a few hours in the wet.
    In the past, I've used Tourances and Anakees, but I rate these as the best all-rounders so far.
    Oh!... I can't add the photo
    Have a look... here

ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    Just got back from a 7,000 mile blast around Europe, having fitted a brand new set of Trail Attacks before I went... I've used TA for the last few years and I'm extremely pleased with them.
    I attach a photo to show you how the rear looks after 7k, compared to a new one.
    There's 12mm of tread on the new TA in the centre, and 3mm on the used one.
    There's 9mm of tread on the new TA at the edge, and 5mm on the used one... I was trying as hard as I dare on the twisties, did about 100 miles off-road and only a few hours in the wet.
    In the past, I've used Tourances and Anakees, but I rate these as the best all-rounders so far.
    Oh!... I can't add the photo
    Have a look... here

Done
    AndrewD

Born to ride, forced to work...

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
    Done
    How'd you do that?

ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic View Post
    How'd you do that?
    Go to the picture online and right click on the image in firefox copy address, in IE look at properties and do the same.

When replying click the 5th icon at the top (looks like a postcard with mountains) and enter the picture address (url)

Your pic's address was

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...n/P1040069.jpg

Simples!

AndrewD

Born to ride, forced to work...

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

What pressures do you run them out, I have pretty much squared mine off after a big 2 up 3000 mile tour, that said they rumble when i tip in but no loss of grip to speak off... just curious

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by unibar View Post
    What pressures do you run them out, I have pretty much squared mine off after a big 2 up 3000 mile tour, that said they rumble when i tip in but no loss of grip to speak off... just curious

Paul
    On this trip I ran the pressures up near the maximum recommended... 2.9 bar rear, 2.5 bar front. I'm near 130kg. fully kitted up and I carry a tank bag and a bag strapped onto the rear rack, so I'm what you might call "fully-loaded"
    Now that they're worn, they tend to "rumble" a bit when I'm over on the edges... I can feel it through the bars. I think the feathering (the front edge of one block wearing more than the adjacent rear edge of the block in front) is due to hard braking rather than normal wear when cornering etc. As you say... no loss of grip.

Thanks Andrew... I get the picture thing now

ballistic

Thanks for the response I tend to run mine at pretty much the same one or two up.. could explain the centre going quickly.. well quicker than the sides

My new to me

My new to me 1150 has a new tourance rear and a knackered ca rear.
    The centre has worn much quicker than the edges which results in rumble as I tip in.
    But then I did do a blat from Cardiff to home when I got it. Just something to be aware off

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast