mechanics for numptys

Slimbo is there stilll room ?
I know I'm not Slimbo, but he may be on shifts.

Yes, there is still room. Slimbo reckons 20 would be the ideal size, and as you can see we're up to 15 at the moment (16 in effect as one is bringing his partner) with 2 more checking shifts etc before confirming. If you're still interested, I'll PM you details of where to send your £15 deposit. :thumb2

Hi Slimbo

Sorry but I can't change my shift so will have to cry off! Can you keep me posted please if you run another one.

Cheers

Baz :beerjug:

I know I'm not Slimbo, but he may be on shifts.

Yes, there is still room. Slimbo reckons 20 would be the ideal size, and as you can see we're up to 15 at the moment (16 in effect as one is bringing his partner) with 2 more checking shifts etc before confirming. If you're still interested, I'll PM you details of where to send your £15 deposit. :thumb2

OK Taff let me know the cheque details ...

thanks,

Peter

Interested in coming if spaces still available,
I've pm'd you Taff
Thanks, I've sent you a reply by PM and will update the list tomorrow. :thumb2

The directions and co-ordinates have now been e-mailed in an attached Word document, but just in case you cannot open it for any reason, the co-ordinates are N51 38.784 W3 59.945 if you're relying on GPS.

Just a couple of "house-keeping" matters to help Slimbo:
  1. Can you let me know what bike you're currently riding. I think he needs to know how many are riding 1200s how many on 1150s etc - because he may split the group into smaller bike specific groups.
  2. Can you also let me know if you have any "dietary needs" eg are you a vegetarian? Are you allergic to Jaffa Cakes, Bacon Rolls etc? We know of 1 so far - vegetarian that is, not someone allergic to Bacon Rolls. :D
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate sending a PM to either Slimbo or myself. If I can think of anything else, I will either e-mail, PM you or send a text.

Finally, Dazchallenge can you let me know if you've had my PMs. Sorry, but I don't know any other way of contacting you as I don't have a mobile or an e-mail address for you.

I'm interested in coming if spaces available. Have sent PM.
And you've had a reply Rick. Let me have your e-mail address and mobile, so I can send you directions etc etc. :thumb2

There are 2 spaces available if anyone else is still interested.

A Masive Thank You

Graham (Slimbo), Taff and all those involved in todays event (Mechanics for Numpties) can I just say a massive thanks foe what was a really enjoyable and usefull day. Really good day with tea and food a plenty along with learning stuff that I am sure will help in the future. :clap:clap:clap

Now I am just off to but a Multimeter and a 3/8 drive socket set and Torque Wrench. Thanks again all:beerjug:

Graham,Steve,Taff and Rob, many thanks for a great day. Learnt alot and have some knowledge now to do my own servicing, once I've bought a torque wrench- 3/8 drive obviously!

I'm still full of burgers + sausage, but had to eat the wifes roast!!

For those who had a look at my mini compressor and have forgotten the web site it is http://www.motopumps.com:augie[/url]

A big thanks to everyone who donated their Sunday time and the facilities. A thoroughly enjoyable day! And a particular thanks to Taff for cutting the fat/rind off the bacon for our butties when we all arrived :thumb
Great to meet a few new faces and some of the usual suspects.
A few photos of the event....

a huge thanks to all who attended it was all the better as you wanted to be edumacated..

thanks to taff for all the admin and steve the local bike mech for his valuable time..

i hope you all learnt something and will have the confidence to tackle a few tasks..

if you still have questions drop me a pm , thanks all again slim..:thumb2

Graham (Slimbo), Taff and all those involved in todays event (Mechanics for Numpties) can I just say a massive thanks foe what was a really enjoyable and usefull day. Really good day with tea and food a plenty along with learning stuff that I am sure will help in the future. :clap:clap:clap

Seconded :clap:clap:clap:clap

Super day with nice people :beerjug:

plus 2

Seconded :clap:clap:clap:clap

Super day with nice people :beerjug:

will save me a fortune in the future cheers to all involved :aidan

Plus 3 , a very enjoyable day out, thanks Slimbo,Taff,Steve Rob,. We've now found Taff's True calling.

Attachments

• DSCN0203.JPG
    DSCN0203.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN0204.JPG
    DSCN0204.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN0207.JPG
    DSCN0207.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN0209.JPG
    DSCN0209.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN0215.JPG
    DSCN0215.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 118
and a few more

And a few more.

Attachments

• DSCN0221.JPG
    DSCN0221.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN0226.JPG
    DSCN0226.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN0224.JPG
    DSCN0224.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0227.JPG
    DSCN0227.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN0228.JPG
    DSCN0228.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 89
Plus 3 , a very enjoyable day out, thanks Slimbo, Taff, Steve & Rob. We've now found Taff's True calling.
:dabone

Am I the only one who couldn't sleep last night? Kept thinking about Multimeters. :blast

Every time I go to an event I come away knowing more about my bike - and I learnt a lot more yesterday. :clap

When we've finalised all the figures, we can let you know how much was raised for the 2 local charities. :thumb2

What can I say that hasn’t already been said.

I’ll say it any way :D Cheers Slimbo, Taff, Steve & Rob.

thanks for a great day :thumb2

Forgot to say a BIG thanks for the CD and manual. Very useful. How sad am I that I took the manual to bed with me along with my cocoa...
Is it me or does anyone else think Slimbo looks like Roy Chubby Brown :hide
Hope the money raised does some good :thumb2

Just like to add my thanks to everyone who gave up their time on Sunday. :clap:clap:clap

A very enjoyable day.

I've got a multimeter, just need to buy a torque wrench, or two and one of Slimbo's puncture repair kits ... oh and some silicon grease for the connectors and ....:blast

Back
Top Bottom