mechanics for numptys

slimbo

Reaction score
well a date has been set (sorry for the continuing delay)

so 15th march 10.00 kick off
you will be greeted fed waterd and educated all in one day.
the location has a warm lounge area and a great workshop.
and a kettle that works very well..

this will give you the confidence to take on the simple tasks and i will also offer some great simple diagnostic tips too..

all you need to do is turn up with an empty stomach and a brain like a dry sponge.

cost is 30 quid all in and this will include handouts on the day.

all profits will be going to charity..:clap:thumb2

so pm me or taff asap and we can arrange a deposit to be paid.

or stick yer name after this post.
cheers slimbo.:thumb2

Do you have some detail of whats being covered on the day?, we can then decide if its applicable to us or no.

basics , wheel removal(front and rear)
pads changing.
tappet adjustment.
use of the multimeter.
oil changes
simple diagnostics.
belt changing.
plug changing..
puncture repairs
safe use of tools
etc etc
stuff thats usefull

thats just a taster. i want to keep it fairly simple .
tho there is a lot there to take in.

basics , wheel removal(front and rear)
pads changing.
tappet adjustment.
use of the multimeter.
oil changes
simple diagnostics.
belt changing.
plug changing..
puncture repairs
safe use of tools
etc etc
stuff thats usefull

thats just a taster. i want to keep it fairly simple .
tho there is a lot there to take in.

Thanks. Looks useful...where are you doing this (in Wales)?
Simon

all to take place in sunny swansea..

address given later..

so comon down and get yer names on the list..

Mechanics for numpties

Hi Slimbo, I was looking forward to this but unfortunately the date in question, I will be at work int North Sea. BUGGER!
As usual, work interrupts play!!!
B1ff

Slimbo if this is open to non subscribed Tossers then I would be up for it. Many thanks:beerjug:

Sorry Slimbo, can't make it. It's my parents anniversary, (not a special year, just 57 years of continuous dog-fight!), so I am taking them to lunch :(

bugger 2

was really looking forward to this too,i need to fill my airhead with as much practicle bike info as possible but can't make it(mum's 80th b'day party).any chance of doing another somtime?

hi slimbo,
sounds great, i need some knowledge, hope your gonna do some more as i cant make 15th
great idea tho cheers
pj

dates

Count me in. I do work both days on weekend but have requested cover the the specified date. Let me know if there might be a change as I'll need to 're'-sort things out. Saturdays are much better for me....:augie

Cheers !

saturdays are always better but as were getting the site for peanuts i cant push my luck.

still more on the list cheers lads and lasses keep em coming..

This is Slimbos baby, but I've spoken to him and will do what I can to help him with the organising. So, after reading literally hundreds of posts on other maintenance threads last night :help this is the list of "Possibles" I've come up with so far. :eek If your name isn't on the list, it doesn't mean you're not welcome. If your name is on the list, can you please post on this thread whether or not you can make it. It will make life easier. :thumb2

Please note that this list was prepared late last night, so won't include the names of definates on this thread yet. I'll update the list every couple of days if that's ok - or more often if Slimbo wants it. :thumb2

Slimbo. Do you want to handle the deposits, or do you want me to keep them in a separate account?

Attachments

• GS COURSE PHOTO.jpg
    GS COURSE PHOTO.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 178
a can give ye a good thread for the 1100 gs gearbox ,removal instructions to show on yer demo screen
:wasntme

ugg

Where's that then?
I've searched but can't find it.

cheers
M

Back
Top Bottom