Fund Raising

A meal cooked by yours truly in your house. All prep, serving and clearing up after done by yours truly. Numbers of guests (within reason) not a problem.
My immediate work team, bless 'em, have offered themselves as guinea pigs. So, on Friday 15th I have 7 lovelies and 1 not so lovely geezer coming over to mine for feeding at £25 a head.

I promise to take piccies of the evenings proceedings :D

As promised...............

What a day, went shopping first thing, and spent the rest of the day a'cooking with my partner in crime, the wonderful Alasdair :thumb2

leschefs.jpg

The table was laid, candles were lit and the starters bunged on the table.....

tapas.jpg

Then the lovelies arrived, here about to tuck into their Tuscan Rosti Stacks.....

ladies.jpg

From the left we have the Lovely Annabel, The lovely AlyB, the Lovely Karen, the Lovely Jade, the Lovely Donna, the Lovely Sharon and out of shot the lovely Alyson (sorry Alyson :().

The reason I've named them all is that whilst I prepped all the food they held a 'sale' at work, selling off product samples and stuff we have lying around.
When they arrived at my gaff they presented me with just over £300 :eek:

'Lifestyle' Ladies, you are all superstars :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Along with the £25 a head they paid for the grub that's £500 in total :JB

Andres

Good work! :clap:clap:clap :cool:

Wonder if I can find a bunch of nice women to pay me £25 each for some tasty beans on toast followed by a delicious plate of co-op ice cream and tinned pears? (which is about the limit of my cooking ability)

I could do a starter of cream of tomato soup with rolls and butter for dunking too, but that would cost extra...

The 'scoots across the sahara book' raised many thousands of pounds towards our aim of building a wall around the Bansang hospital.

how about setting up a website or offshoot to what you have already and pre-sell a book that you can then do when you return?
You could do a calendar/gift cards etc as well........and if you offered a sticker with something like 'I supported the calum's road trip' on it, I'm sure you'd knock out a few here as well:thumb2

you'd need to find out how much a copy of the potential book would cost you and price it accordingly(including a couple of quid over the top to make sure you cover price increases in printing etc), but the writing and photographs that will come naturally out of the trip will fill a book quite easily and I'm sure many tossers here would 'pre-buy' a book :nenau

Rotary club dinners are another good target....they love a good yarn and tend to dig in pockets quite deep if you can interest them with a good presentation:)

As promised...............

What a day, went shopping first thing, and spent the rest of the day a'cooking with my partner in crime, the wonderful Alasdair :thumb2

'Lifestyle' Ladies, you are all superstars :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Along with the £25 a head they paid for the grub that's £500 in total :JB

Andres

Top stuff.... Not a bad looking harem you have assembled :augie

Nice Dead Head apron, too.

Here's an apt tune for your efforts :clap

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6y3CafoJ2mo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6y3CafoJ2mo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Is that Turnips on the menu:confused:

I was pissed when I read that last night and the thought "what the feck is he onnabout now" flashed through my sozzled brain.

Sat now, in the cold light of day in the gym, after a full on 'hangover workout' the thought "what the feck is he onnabout now" is flashing through my groggy brain :nenau :D

The 'scoots across the sahara book' raised many thousands of pounds towards our aim of building a wall around the Bansang hospital.

how about setting up a website or offshoot to what you have already and pre-sell a book that you can then do when you return?
You could do a calendar/gift cards etc as well........and if you offered a sticker with something like 'I supported the calum's road trip' on it, I'm sure you'd knock out a few here as well:thumb2

you'd need to find out how much a copy of the potential book would cost you and price it accordingly(including a couple of quid over the top to make sure you cover price increases in printing etc), but the writing and photographs that will come naturally out of the trip will fill a book quite easily and I'm sure many tossers here would 'pre-buy' a book :nenau

Rotary club dinners are another good target....they love a good yarn and tend to dig in pockets quite deep if you can interest them with a good presentation:)

Reckon the book's not such a bad idea, after all I've really enjoyed reading the 'Scoots' book - I defo can't write but a few on the trip post quite eloquent threads occasionaly............... :augie

Any takers - summit to talk about at HU maybe :blagblah

I've also had a very generous PM with an offer I need to follow up, together with the suggestion of making a DVD.................. another thing worth thinking about maybe :nenau

Here's an apt tune for your efforts :clap
>

What a cool little vid, not seen that one before, ta :)

Andres

Class Andres :thumb2 I'm also looking into some form of dinner with the local wine club sometime September. The idea is to have some food with our wines rather than just :friday like we normally do. That should provide some more funds (although cooking for 20 could prove interesting).

I like the book idea. I've been doing a few for personal reasons using Blurb.com. I'll have a look to see what potential pricing would be. Also have a few printers in the area here so I'll put some feelers out.

Hadn't thought about the service clubs (Rotary/Lion's/Round Table), good idea. :thumb2

....local Scottish wine? The mind boggles :D

No pub in the village so needs must! There was some stuff from Orkney we had once. Alcohol content was fine :D Tasted :barf Chucked the whole lot in a big jug and it was almost palatable, much to the distress of some of the more "refined" members of the community :D

This is a winery not far from me, and I'd happily drink their product again. :thumb2

But then I'm Scottish. Hence, I know nothing about wine. :D

Thanks for the link.

Looks much like I imagined it:

Youth, in young offender's hi-viz jacket, dips in:

bot5.jpg

while his dad extends the usual greeting to the neighbours and hordes of smaller illegitimate offspring forage in the debris:

bot6.jpg

PS I have been to Scotland....and actually found it quite nice.

Thanks for the link.

Looks much like I imagined it:

Youth, in young offender's hi-viz jacket, dips in:

bot5.jpg

while his dad extends the usual greeting to the neighbours and hordes of smaller illegitimate offspring forage in the debris:

bot6.jpg

PS I have been to Scotland....and actually found it quite nice.

They've cleaned the place up a bit since I last thought about visiting it...

PS I have been to London....and actually found it quite easily. :augie :hide

I like the book idea. I've been doing a few for personal reasons using Blurb.com. I'll have a look to see what potential pricing would be. Also have a few printers in the area here so I'll put some feelers out.

Reckon the book's not such a bad idea, after all I've really enjoyed reading the 'Scoots' book - I defo can't write but a few on the trip post quite eloquent threads occasionaly...............

I have trouble writing my name and address let alone a book, but my trouble and strife, who manages her employers finances, recently self published a book, :clap that had been written by her boss. Debbie used a package from lulu.com.
From that point on, a single book can be made from about a £5.

Back
Top Bottom