Fund Raising

Class Andres :thumb2 I'm also looking into some form of dinner with the local wine club sometime September. The idea is to have some food with our wines rather than just :friday like we normally do. That should provide some more funds (although cooking for 20 could prove interesting).

So, panic is finally setting in, the charity meal is coming up this Saturday :eek:

We've got 30 folks showing up at our house for food and wine. Fortunately one of the ladies from the wineclub has taken it upon herself to do the cooking :thumb2 Menu looks good, a choice of:

Starter

Mixed Pate with oat cakes/melba toast
Brie melted with mustard and walnuts
Fish Chowder soup

Main Course

Venison and Steak pie
Aromatic Lamb Shank
Duck with beetroot and onion

All served with Roast/mashed potatoes and an assortment of vegetables

DESSERTS

There will be a choice of
Puddings & Cheeses

All are donating £35 a head directly into the roadfund :beerjug: We'll probably also do a few more things to relieve them of their hard earned money :D

Photies will follow if I survive stressing about this.

So, panic is finally setting in, the charity meal is coming up this Saturday :eek:

We've got 30 folks showing up at our house for food and wine. Fortunately one of the ladies from the wineclub has taken it upon herself to do the cooking :thumb2 Menu looks good, a choice of:

Starter

Mixed Pate with oat cakes/melba toast
Brie melted with mustard and walnuts
Fish Chowder soup

Main Course

Venison and Steak pie
Aromatic Lamb Shank
Duck with beetroot and onion

All served with Roast/mashed potatoes and an assortment of vegetables

DESSERTS

There will be a choice of
Puddings & Cheeses

All are donating £35 a head directly into the roadfund :beerjug: We'll probably also do a few more things to relieve them of their hard earned money :D

Photies will follow if I survive stressing about this.

Wow, what a menu, sitting here drooling :drool

Good luck for Saturday :thumb

30 peeps :eek I think I too would be releived that somebody else was doing the cooking!

That's gonna raise a whole load of dosh so good luck with it and Im looking forward to the piccies.

Andres

PS Not a bad menu, even if it is all dead animal :thumb

30 peeps.... well done mate.:clap

I have a blues band who cost 500 -700 pound a night to book, offering to do a free gig for the charity. Raffle prizes raised so far about £350-£400
Printed 120 tickets and have only off-loaded about 20 so far, at a mere £10 each.
Not one single Tosser has bought a ticket yet......... Many thanks to the Irish connection for supporting our cause :(

Would have love to come but working :(

It is fate I am not able to make it across, broke the boat, had a family wedding for the NW 200 (it cost me £80:(:()

Hope you get some more takers Betty - has all the makings of a cracking do :thumb2

Andres

Likewise :thumb2 Sounds like a good do. I was tempted, but can't make the date unfortunately.

Right, that's me off home now. Got some chilling of wine and general prep to do for tomorrow's feeding frenzy!

We survived it

A fantastic evening was had by all and we have managed to restore a semblence of normality back here at Nakambale Towers. The lovely Tricia had exceeded expectations in providing a full three course meal for 30 folks :bow :bow

The long and short of it is the evening generated another £1495 for Calum's Road :clap :clap :clap

A few pics of the evening and then I need to get some furniture back in place!

Attachments

• DSC_0198.JPG
    DSC_0198.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0202.JPG
    DSC_0202.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0211.JPG
    DSC_0211.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0212.JPG
    DSC_0212.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 64
Fantastic stuff Gert any leftovers:drool

We're over the ten grand mark:clap:clap:clap

That's an amazing amount of money to raise, fair dues to you Gert :clap:clap:clap

Looks like top fun, have you come back down to earth yet :)

Andres

Fantastic stuff Gert any leftovers:drool

Not much I'm afraid, a few scraps of cheese that's about it.

I put together a small presentation based on the one Andres did a while ago.

I included the BBC clip as well which went down well. Not as well as the one of the Oonyacki stuntdouble loosing his wick last January though :augie :D

It was a pretty good evening and we got a lot of good feedback. A few folks are going to help out with trying to get some additional sponsorship in and have asked for some "publicity material" :thumb2

I'll put some bits and bobs together and see what interest that generates.

Back
Top Bottom