Fund Raising

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
Thought I'd start up a thread in case peeps wanna share fund raising ideas :thumb2

After a few false starts I eventually got to do a presentation at work to 'properly' kick off my efforts. I've already done one to my immediate 'team' of a dozen guys'n'gals but this would have an audience of a few hundred. I was originally due to give a full blown presentation at a 'comms' event but due to time pressures on all the work related presentations had to settle for a 'stall' at the last minute.

The bike was all packed up and ready to go with the intention of parking it in the conference room foyer, but, because of the heavy snow the night before I couldn't even get it down my (very steep) drive/road :mmmm

CR.jpg

Due to the rest of the stalls being work related mine generated shed loads of interest - I had a Powerpoint presentation running covering the main points of the trip and a looping vid of desert bike riding going with a nice loud sound track :D

Unfortunately I forgot to take a piccie until half way through breaking the stall back down :mmmm

CRPresentation.jpg

Once back in the office a blanket email went out inviting donations from all those that were present - £100 so far with promises of more to come :)

Also, I've got a promise of material help from my dept. head - was thinking of something for me like some tyres but if anybody has an idea for the 'team' I'm well up for that so let me know; team t-shirts for example :nenau

And to top it all, Boots will match my fund raising up to a max of £500 :thumb2

If anybody wants a copy of the Powerpoint presentation PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you. It's by no means great but might be useful to you :nenau

Next stop is to start getting a proposal together for businesses I deal with - the intention being a full sponsored paint job on the bike and promotional stunts for the lucky sponsor - anybody have any experience of doing that kind of thing?

Andres

where ye goin again?

me n digger06 were gona sort some sponsorship out for our Bulgaria trip to help the orphans in the villages, but as usual too much whiskey was drank and only basic route plans wer made....:blast

if we do another long trip , id like to do sumat for the kids over there, not spoilt twats like we have in this country, :mad:

those kids wont ov even heard of a fekin wee, apart from what they up the shithouse wall:D

what dose this intail , without goin into too much detail?

ugg

where ye goin again?...

what dose this intail , without goin into too much detail?

ugg

Hi Ugg

I'm going too, it's the Calum's Road trip to The Gambia next January. Click on the "Calum's Road..." links on either Andres's or my sig (right down at the bottom, in green) to find out more...:thumb2

(Sorry to jump in, Andres, but he did ask...):D

Thought I'd start up a thread in case peeps wanna share fund raising ideas :thumb2

After a few false starts I eventually got to do a presentation at work to 'properly' kick off my efforts. I've already done one to my immediate 'team' of a dozen guys'n'gals but this would have an audience of a few hundred. I was originally due to give a full blown presentation at a 'comms' event but due to time pressures on all the work related presentations had to settle for a 'stall' at the last minute.

The bike was all packed up and ready to go with the intention of parking it in the conference room foyer, but, because of the heavy snow the night before I couldn't even get it down my (very steep) drive/road :mmmm

CR.jpg

Due to the rest of the stalls being work related mine generated shed loads of interest - I had a Powerpoint presentation running covering the main points of the trip and a looping vid of desert bike riding going with a nice loud sound track :D

Unfortunately I forgot to take a piccie until half way through breaking the stall back down :mmmm

CRPresentation.jpg

Once back in the office a blanket email went out inviting donations from all those that were present - £100 so far with promises of more to come :)

Also, I've got a promise of material help from my dept. head - was thinking of something for me like some tyres but if anybody has an idea for the 'team' I'm well up for that so let me know; team t-shirts for example :nenau

And to top it all, Boots will match my fund raising up to a max of £500 :thumb2

If anybody wants a copy of the Powerpoint presentation PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you. It's by no means great but might be useful to you :nenau

Next stop is to start getting a proposal together for businesses I deal with - the intention being a full sponsored paint job on the bike and promotional stunts for the lucky sponsor - anybody have any experience of doing that kind of thing?

Andres

Well done that man, a lot of thought, effort and planning has gone in to that and you deserve to reap the rewards which I'm sure you will.

What tyres you taking?

Spare oil? What type? :augie

Well done that man, a lot of thought, effort and planning has gone in to that and you deserve to reap the rewards which I'm sure you will.

What tyres you taking?

What he said apart from the oil bit:thumb2

What tyres you taking?

Ta :)

Tyres are full race wets, thought they'd be spot on for The Gambia :D

Andres

Well done! Lots of effort has gone into that - hope you get lots of sponsorship from it.

Good one Andres :thumb2

I've started looking into corporate sponsors to from folks I deal with. At the moment haven't put anything serious together, just chatting to my contacts informally. Offering sticker space on the panniers at the moment, but maybe I need to think a bit beyond that too. One of them offered T-shirts if we want.

Hi Andres,

Up till now I have been busy reading up and specking my bike soo much to take in (still not ridden one yet).

I am now starting to put things together for a full assault on money raising.

One thought I has was to offer sailling trips over the summer to Raasay from Loch Gairloch Badachro details to follow shortly.

Dave

A couple of ideas I've had;

Both to be auctioned where I work;

A day out on the bike, everything paid for and kit supplied. Could be to Matlock for chips and mushy peas, or to visit a friend or a day trip to France......what ever the winner chooses :) If they wanna do it with a mate I have a partner in crime with a GSA who will come along too.
There's already been lots of interest at work over this, the reaction being quite polarised, either they are well up for it or they'll pay me not to go on the back of the bike :D
Once summer is under way I hope to auction a few of these trips.

A meal cooked by yours truly in your house. All prep, serving and clearing up after done by yours truly. Numbers of guests (within reason) not a problem.
My immediate work team, bless 'em, have offered themselves as guinea pigs. So, on Friday 15th I have 7 lovelies and 1 not so lovely geezer coming over to mine for feeding at £25 a head.
Here's the menu I've just this second finished, do ya reckon it sounds poncy enough :nenau

Untitled-1-2.jpg

I promise to take piccies of the evenings proceedings :D

I'm also booked, 2 weeks later, to do a 70's themed evening at a mates house - gotta sort entertainment too, was thinking Twister and Car Keys in a Bowl............:green gri

Andres

Not all to my taste, but then I'm not poncy.

Desserts look tasty though, but I'll have anything with ice cream or the word "sticky" in it. :thumb

Well, mostly... :augie

Back
Top Bottom