Anything happening round here...

Could be up for this too. However, due to have Laser Eye Surgery around that time. Will know the op date next week.

Hi Ray, thought you was in France. Be nice to see you. How about Tesco's in Bury ? Just by the A14, plenty of room for a turnaround there. We should be there about 10-30ish.

Thanks Noddy
Will see you there then

Ray

Could be up for this too. However, due to have Laser Eye Surgery around that time. Will know the op date next week.
good luck with that:thumb2

my wife had this done a couple of years ago and she says its really improved her quality of life:cool::cool::cool:

good luck with that:thumb2

my wife had this done a couple of years ago and she says its really improved her quality of life:cool::cool::cool:

Cheers for that :thumb2

All very complicated though - just waiting for more info before deciding to go ahead. Hopefully it will :cool:

Jeepers, havn't seen you for a few years, the old ford runs if my memory...........

Not important, be great to see you. :thumb2
last year to be exact Noddy,you was showing me your sprinter at the BMF remember?

I'm in
Monty I'm also up for going out to meet the heathens do we have any one who could translate?:rolleyes:

On a similar note i have cut and paste this for the locals to help with the translation when we meet :D:D

alma chizzit - A request to find the cost of an item: how much is it?

amant - Quantity; sum total ('Thez a yuge amant of mud in Saffend'): amount

assband - Unable to leave the house because of illness or disability: housebound

awss - A four legged animal, on which money is won, or more likely lost ('That awss ya tipped cost me a fiver t'day'): horse

cort a panda - A rather large hamburger: quarter pounder

Dan in the maff - Unhappy ('Wossmatta, Trace, ya look a bit Dan in the maff'): down in the mouth

eye-eels - Women's shoes: heels

Furrock - The location of Lakeside Shopping Centre: Thurrock

garrij - A building where a car is kept or repaired(Trace: 'Oi, Darren, I fink the motah needs at go in the garrij cos it aint working proper'): garage

lafarjik - Lacking in energy ('I feel all lafarjik'): lethargic

OI OI! - Traditional greeting. Often heard from the doorway of pubs or during banging dance tunes at clubs: hello

paipa - The Sun, The Mirror or The Sport: newspaper

Saffend - Essex coastal resort boasting the longest pleasure pier in the world. The place where the characters from TV's, popular soap opera, Eastenders go on holiday: Southend

tan - The city of London, the big smoke: town

webbats - Querying the location something or someone is. ('Webbats is me dole card Trace? I've gotta sign on in arf hour'): whereabouts

zaggerate - To suggest that something is bigger or better than it actually is. ('I told ya a fazzand times already'): exaggerate

To keep things fair, please find the attached Norfolk guide :D:D

Norfolk Speak & translation
Narridge yoonyun = major Norfolk employer (Norwich Union)
thang kyer = spoken at high speed, used by Norfolk shop assistants when accepting money (Thank you)
how're yer gettin arn = Norfolk greeting (How are you getting on)
hair = here
shicagooo's = nightspot on Prince of Wales road (chigago’s)
bare = sold by the pint in shicagooo's (beer)
is that rioght? = comment to show attention being paid to speaker ( is that right)
ass a jouk = i'm just kidding ( that is a joke)
kharzi = suburb on the western out-skirts of Norwich (not Bowthorpe) (Costessey)
tross = pronounced like gross only beginning with a "T". suburb Southside of Norwich (Trouse)
windam = small town south of Norwich. (sensible abbreviation of it's proper name = wymundimundimundum)
card = traditionally eaten with chips (Cod)
koodee = shop in St.Stephens street (QD)
hoom base = DIY shop (various sites) (Home base)
fooze = electrical component on sale at hum base (Fuse)
fool = petrol or diesel fuel
int-huh-net = worldwide web
loos-tarfed = daft east coast fishing port (Lowestoft)
gatoo = sticky chocolate cake
foo too = get these developed at boots (photo)
sproight = fizzy lemon drink (sprite)
boost = to brag (Boast)
jargon = like running, but slower
cooo = What they do when waiting in line (Queue)
Voow = a scenic outlook (View)

Regards Tony:thumb2

Should we be concerned about getting special Insurance and Visas for Essex....maybe best not to tell them, and hope the Border Guards don't notice.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 182
:D:D:D

Check this one out that Terry posted last year, seem that we have become integrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDuW3joTBq8

Noddy I’d like to register my disgust at this video :mad: whilst it depicts a fair and true image of an average norfolkian it appears to subscribe to the stereotypical view that all people who live in the fine County of Essex as being somewhat common pikey chavs I mean really how unfair :nenau

Look forward to the run :thumb Chad any news on that burberry lid geez? :drool

I mean really how unfair

Have to agree with you to a point however I have dicovered one redeaming product of Essex that far exedes my expectations.

Really quite exceptionable quality..............:clap

Attachments

• P2150004 (Small).JPG
    P2150004 (Small).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 151
Have to agree with you to a point however I have dicovered one redeaming product of Essex that far exedes my expectations.

Really quite exceptionable quality..............:clap

Or even better
11.jpg

The jam of James Bond after all.

Route Help

Mainly for those who will drop in on the way, or any 'strangers' who may be coming East for the day, I've cobbled a quick pratnav file together from Noddy's suggested route. Two versions depending on what you need.

I'm not suggesting we all stick to it religiously (fat chance anyhow) but just to show likely places to drop in en route. Having taken on loads of route organising and leading responsibilities I'm all for Noddy's sound advice to keep it simple. We all know where we're starting and finishing and have a rough idea of howe to get there

Anyone coming from Norwich direction - I'm heading out at around 09.00 on the day from Thickthorn Svcs for a gentle A11 bimble to Thetford if you fancy joining me.

Attachments

• Iceni Gathering.gdb
    56.2 KB · Views: 75

Back
Top Bottom