Anything happening round here...

Have to agree with you to a point however I have dicovered one redeaming product of Essex that far exedes my expectations.

Really quite exceptionable quality..............:clap

Did that plate - ahherrrmmmmm - jump into your pannier on your last trip across the water :augie :augie

Did that plate - ahherrrmmmmm - jump into your pannier on your last trip across the water :augie :augie

:nod Lots of them fell into my camper a few years back. Was parked next to a wheelie thing full of them on the bottom deck. Nothing wrong with
errr liberating from the Frenchies is there. :nenau

I know this is still a week or so away but are we still on for the 15th March at Thetford? Would the cafe at Mildenhall roundabout be more convenient...certainly the bacon rolls are better than McD's?

All still on Brian :thumb2

No reason why some of you couldn't meet at Walkers if its more convenient and then head across to Bury St Eds.

The Thetford part still stays for the north Norfolk and locals as we have made arrangements to meet up with others in Bury.

Would be nice to arrive together at Fressingfield, meet up with the Esix mob and they can then lead us around their area to where ever we are going.

Lets try and get everybody in the area out together for once and kick start the year. :D

Brian,
Coming up the A14 it would be easier to go straight through and to meet up with the others at Tescos Bury St Eds 10-30.
However.....
If you want to, i will meet up with you @ Walkers say 9.30 ish for a cuppa and a bacon sarny:drool, to leave say 10 ish bimble along the back lanes and meet up with the others at Bury.
Regards Tony:thumb

Edit, and any others that want to

Last edited:
Thanks guys, forget my previous suggestion, I shall meet up with Roger Chatterton at the Comfort Cafe at Four Wentways and then make our way on to the meet at Bury St Edmonds for 10:30. Look forward to seeing you then.

Hi'up,I would like to meet up with you all if I may???at thetford MD,but,I may have to sneak off some where on route.

I really really want to do this one. However, Laser Eye surgery is booked for Wednesday 11th - not yet sure if everything will be OK in time for Sunday. Gonna be a last minute decision :(

I really really want to do this one. However, Laser Eye surgery is booked for Wednesday 11th - not yet sure if everything will be OK in time for Sunday. Gonna be a last minute decision :(

Believe me that would be a big mistake to risk getting grit, dust or even wind in your eye after Laser surgery. Admittedly I had mine about 9 years ago and surgery has improved but you do not want to risk any irritation so soon after, not to mention that your eyes will still be settling down after the operation. Your vision will not be anywhere near 50/50 by Sunday so there is the safetly aspect to consider for both you and other drivers. Good luck with the surgery..best thing I did!

Believe me that would be a big mistake to risk getting grit, dust or even wind in your eye after Laser surgery. Admittedly I had mine about 9 years ago and surgery has improved but you do not want to risk any irritation so soon after, not to mention that your eyes will still be settling down after the operation. Your vision will not be anywhere near 50/50 by Sunday so there is the safetly aspect to consider for both you and other drivers. Good luck with the surgery..best thing I did!

Thanks for the good wishes - which are greatly needed as I am starting to brick it :eek :eek

Yes, Sunday may be a ride too early...

I will probably ride up to Finchingfield and meet the convoy there. Any idea what time that will be? Also are any other locals tagging along? I am a bit of a plodder especially with the Mrs on the back, so don't expect any heroics on my Airhead (or the Strom, depending on mood). :rob

I will probably ride up to Finchingfield and meet the convoy there. Any idea what time that will be? Also are any other locals tagging along? I am a bit of a plodder especially with the Mrs on the back, so don't expect any heroics on my Airhead (or the Strom, depending on mood). :rob
I'm going to head to Finchingfield too. I don't know what time they'll be there but I might head over for about 10.30.

Don't risk it.

We could take piccies but will you be expecting hi def now?

I'm a plodder too. I'll be at the back so you can tag along a me. Should be Finchingfield about 11.30 ish?

walkers cafe

if me and the misus can make it would like to come on this one where are we going and at what time at walkers

I will be at Finchingfield by 11:00. Still not sure if it will be the Airhead or the Strom, depends if I put the Airhead back together in time. :eek:

If anyone wants a potter through the lanes after Tiptree, maybe around to Burnham to play on the bends then that might be fun before the return trip for all the foreigners.

I have attached an idea for a nice trundle, and it even goes by another tea and cake stop for those still in need.

Attachments

• Burnham Loop.gdb
    34.1 KB · Views: 48
Monty I'll run down with you mate, i'm assuming you’ll be coming past this way or I’ll meet you on route, what’s the tiptree café like? We’ve got this one down here good quality food

(actually run by tiptree jams …but they know how to charge) if the weathers good it’s nice to sit outside or we’ve got the Ship who do all day breakfasts?

Attachments

• 1_cafe.jpg
    1_cafe.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 1_The Ship1.JPG
    1_The Ship1.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 72
I have eaten at both fine establishments several times. :thumb

The one at Tiptree has the advantage that there is a shop with the full range of unusual jams (and a lot of tat too).

I live a couple of miles up the road in Great Totham, so we can meet up and then head to Finchingfield if you like. That is assuming the weather is kind, of course. I got the poor airhead all dirty trundling up to Wally's yesterday and I really can't be arsed to clean my bikes too often. :rob

Back
Top Bottom