No GPS, No Motorways

Hmmm...I'm not alone in "working" from home today, then...

:aidan

Yoy
You'd be breaking EU Working Time Directive 8000342, Article 387, Subsection 41A if you didn't take at least 5 minutes break out of every 10, even when working from home. Providing of course you had done a 13 point Risk Assesment before hand :augie

EOSA Tea Drinking Tour 2009 of course..

There are so many nice teas in the world and riding is such thirsty work.

Bandit
:beerjug:
:beer:
:ChrisKelly
:thumb

Hmmmmm.....

Just don't bring the flippin Port :blast :roll

... is very useful for finding an exact address, I do find that I arrive not knowing where I've been :( Sounds a bit odd, but using a map forces you to concentrate on your surroundings, therefore you see more. Slavishly following the GPS means you concentrate on that rather than what you are passing. Just my 2d anyway :augie

Completely agree...

GPS is great for stressful work schedules in the car...

But on the bike it can take the fun out of things...

And getting 'lost' can lead to discovering new places.

I still use it some of the time though :confused:

As to Motorways - avoid 'em, they're just way too dull.

the folks who don't like a GPS on a bike are not using them to their best IMO. simply letting the unit decide the route from A to B perhaps?

having the GPS do the navigating leaves me with far more time to take in the surroundings.

the folks who don't like a GPS on a bike are not using them to their best IMO. simply letting the unit decide the route from A to B perhaps?

having the GPS do the navigating leaves me with far more time to take in the surroundings.

+1 and a gold star with knobs on.

Anyhow, I don't intend using it on the jolly itself. As such. Sort of. Maybe for route tracking. Or as an MP3. And a handsfree phone thing. And watch a slide show of my recently taken Alps piccies, whilst negotiating the hairpins of Stelvio Pass :thumb

Just thought I'd share my excitement at getting a new toy, with you bunch of reprobates :D

(and wind-up Mags :))

Farkle toys arrived and fitted today...

Zumo 660 and a Pentax waterproof camera I'll be using for video. I need to get some rubber grommet or summat between the camera base and the bracket.

IMG_0531.jpg

From the riding position...

IMG_0532.jpg

Still getting to grips with the 660, so I'll post feedback in the GPS section over the weekend. HAve to say, it's feckin huge. If only it would play movies...

Hoping to use it properly on Sunday, if the weather holds :thumb ;)

Yoy

my tv aint that big . :D:D

If your eye sight is on its way out mate dont be so vain and put your glasses on :augie

On a more serious note that 660 looks awesome, and fitted in the right position too :thumb2

The Pentax jobby looks like it needs a safety retaining cord, just in case. The mount however looks strong enough for an SLR, or a barbecue for that matter, or better still, a CUPHOLDER :beer:

:D:D

My daughter just spat her Wotsits over me when she saw that! :D:D

Especially as I've been trying to programme the MP3 side, download upgrades, and upgrade downloads for the last 4 feckin hours!

The thing's gorn in t'bin any minute now...:mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom