An opportunity to visit Calum’s road Isle of Raasay.

bhud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sailing opportunity to visit Calum’s road Isle of Raasay.

In an effort to raise money for the “Calum’s road trip”, I am offering the following sailing adventure – including a chance to visit the Isle of Raasay and walk the infamous route known as Calum’s road.

To do this we will be sailing on the Yacht Hannahtinga a Beneteau 423 a 42’ sailing sloop. She is moored at Badachro, Loch Gairloch, Ross-shire.

‘Hannahtinga’ is a privately owned yacht launched in 2005 she is fully fitted with all safety aids and the most up to date navigation equipment. The accommodation consists of 2 double en-suite cabins and the ability to convert the saloon into a double berth. For maximum enjoyment/comfort I suggest up to two couples, or four singles, or any combination of the above. The crew will be myself as skipper and chef, and one other experienced sailor.

The trip itinerary will be subject to consultation with the individuals booking and will require a minimum stay of 2 nights and 2 days.

An example itinerary:
Meet at Badachro where you will be taken by tender to join Hannahtinga – a full safety brief will be given over a cup of something nice, also giving you a chance to familiarise yourself with the accommodation.
Drinks will be served; we will then go ashore for an evening meal in the Badachro Inn where a warm and welcoming atmosphere typical of the hospitality you would expect in the West coast of Scotland awaits you. (www.badachroinn.com).

Rising early (ish) the next day after a hearty breakfast we will set sail for the Isle of Raasay arriving there around lunchtime. A light lunch will be offered before a trip ashore to walk the coastal path that brings us to Calum’s road (about 2 miles). We return to Hannahtinga in time for afternoon tea. We then weigh anchor and position to Isle of Rona www.isleofrona.com a short sail away, there we will have an opportunity for a trip ashore, weather permitting to enjoy the sunset over the Western Isles, followed by dinner back aboard ‘Hannahtinga’.
Next day, another hearty breakfast awaits you, after which a trip ashore to visit to the Church Cave, returning to ‘Hannahtinga’ for a spot of lunch before weighing anchor and returning to Badachro.

The above is a suggested literary but can be extended to incorporate a visit to Portree for a night and / or a visit to Plockton, the village used in the TV series Hamish Macbeth and the film The Wicker man to mention a few.

En-route, I hope, there will be the chance to observe, porpoises, dolphins, whales and various sea birds, whilst also experiencing the beautiful West Coast landscape from a different dimension.

Costs
The trip starts and finishes at Badachro and costs to and from there will be up to you the individual.
However, if it your intension to make your way to Inverness by air or train we will make every effort to pick you up and transfer you over to the West, this can be discussed at the point of booking.
The suggested cost of the above trip will be £199 per person (assuming 2 nights aboard), if you wish extra days these will be charged at a rate of £90 per person per day.
All food and drink will be included while on board; I will also make every effort to cater for any specific dietary needs.
As I intend to maximise the contribution to the charity, I propose to keep an account of all costs incurred, retaining a maximum of £25/head/trip towards running costs. The balance, assuming a two night trip, of £174/head, will be paid direct to the Calum’s road charity via my justgiving account.

Due to the exposed nature of the Atlantic coast, the weather is a major factor in this trip being a success; I have access to the most up to date marine forecasts however changes in the itinerary may be necessary based purely on safety grounds. The skipper will have absolute discretion on this matter.

Important information:
Hannahtinga being a private yacht does not comply with all the MCA coding for public transport, however every effort is made to make it as safe as possible. The safety equipment carried was setup and put in place under guidance from the RNLI. Hannahtinga is insured as a private yacht.

Safety is the foremost of priority but I must make you aware you will be joining me at your own risk.

Smoking is discouraged and will not be permitted below deck.

Suggested available dates:
May 18, 19, 20, 21
June 30 July 1, 2
July 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Aug 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Aug 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Availability will be confirmed on booking request and other dates may be available.

Other information
http://www.calumsroad.info/index.html

The charity
http://www.gambiahorseanddonkey.org.uk/Pages/calum.htm

My fund raising link
http://www.justgiving.com/davidmonro

Warmest regards

David Monro (bhud)

Contact
Home: 01358 789 423
Mobile: 07905 966 188
Email monro@tinyonline.co.uk

Hi there,
as said on the other thread I'm up for this and will be home tomorrow where I will be in touch with my rota so I can fit it in with others requests but please count me in:thumb

Can we have a rule that we have to talk like a pirate too:augie

AndyT

ARRR me old ship mate.

You even get a ships name

Who will you be then

Roger the cabin bouy or sea man stains!!!!!!!

Roger the cabin bouy or sea man stains!!!!!!!

One of my daughters works for Siemans, You Know where this is going already, yes until recently they had an office in Staines. :blush

Due to an a close miss that was not close enough the Bhuda sailing season is closed for this year 2009.

Hannahtinga is on the hard at Ardfern waiting a serious repair to the inner framing.

That was the bad news - the good news is I can have a wee blast on the bike ( and not feel as guilty) I am coming over for the Skye sortie so see you there.

Hannahtinga will be back for next year anybody intersted in sailing please feel free to contact me.

Back
Top Bottom