WANTED - online dealer for panniers and stuff

Hong Kong Nick

Hi.

Just bought a low mileage 2003 GS from the HK BMW dealer ... I'm looking for BMW system panniers (and mounting kit) plus handguards ... the prices quoted by the local dealer are pretty steep so was wondering if anyone had an online source that I can check out? ANy ideas.

Any info much appreciated!

Cheers,

Nick

P.S. yes, it seems' that 'Vern's panniers are decent but I'm looking for the original BMW kit! CHeers ...

Nick,

Take my advice and get something other than the BMW cases as they are basically so small they are unusable. For 600 Euros you can get a full Touratech set or for 660£ You can get Verns ultimate cases.

If you really want the BMW ones as you like the look of them maybe I'll sell you mine so I can get some good ones.

IMHO get something else which is usable.

Richie

richie said:
Nick,

Take my advice and get something other than the BMW cases as they are basically so small they are unusable.

HELLO !

He lives in Hong Kong. He wont need travelling suitcases. Ibought a shit load of ex Hong Kong police cbx 750's in 93. Made a nice profit too. Do they still ride them ?

richie said:
Nick,

Take my advice and get something other than the BMW cases as they are basically so small they are unusable. For 600 Euros you can get a full Touratech set or for 660£ You can get Verns ultimate cases.

If you really want the BMW ones as you like the look of them maybe I'll sell you mine so I can get some good ones.

IMHO get something else which is usable.

Richie

Richie, are you seriously selling yours? If so, how much. I don't need huge ones, so as I have the rails on my bike I just need the panniers.

HA HA! Yes, they still use the old Honda CBX 750 P (... for POLICE model). I think they're a bit newer than the ones you bought up but they're getting old! BMW R850RTs were the replacements for many of them but the next replacement exercise might be Honda ... maybe the VFR 800 Police model from Japan ... wait and see!

Good bikes those old CBX's!

Nick

P.S. Yes, you're right, I won't be needing HUGE great panniers!

Contacted these guys JAMES SHERLOCK and they have everything I'm looking for ... will ship to HK and they offered various rates, depending on nspeed of delivery. Deducting the VAT, I think they are well priced and lower than the dealer in HK.

I will amend the user profile to allow emails to be sent ... missed that one.

Cheers,

Nick

Back
Top Bottom