***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new rubber!!

new rubber

Totally agree with pilot road 2s an i also wish for a 19" front ,but i find michelin anakee 2s do a fantastic job on my 2008 GS, great tyre in all all weathers with top wear as well as grip at all angles but its still an on off road tyre,rave reviews on the dunlop roadsmarts from plenty on forum
    Im guessing from your avatar your a BOSLEY?? if so me to,originating from derbyshire apparantley ,anihow hope you sort your rings out

Just put Pirelli Sport Demon on the 650 single, not sure what the 1200 is like but I am liking them a lot after the Anakees went to pot.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by bosleyman2 View Post
    I was on a recent rideout 2 up in wet conditions recently on my 2010 GSA. The rear stepped out twice and the front once. I'm an IAM Observer so I like to think that my cornering technique is OK! The Tourances are fine in dry conditions but certainly do not inspire confidence in the wet! I'm thinking of putting a set of road tyres on as I don't do any off roading (yet). This is my first 'duel purpose' bike having had many sport, sport tour and full on tourers. I found Pilot Road 2's to be the best all round tyres, unfortunately, they don't this tyre fitting for a 19" wheel! any recomendations?
    I've got pilot road in 19'front pilot road 2 in 17'rear no probs. Ride in ride out crossans £180. Liking them so far. Came from Conti trail attacks for the last 2years and 16K miles..

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    currently got trail attacks fitted after many pairs of tourances. only tried them as i fancied a change.

verdict: quieter, nice light feel, but surprisingly not as sticky as tourance when hot, loaded and pushed. will be going back to tourances, but not in any great hurry.

On Tourance EXP's which seem pretty good at moderate pace and feel fine in the cold weather and no problems running over odd damp patch.

New to bike from sports bike past, can highly recommend Roadsmarts which fit the GS and are brilliant wet or dry and the current press favourite, will almost certainly fit these for next summers tour.

Like look of Trail Attacks as they seem to have more tread ratio, pity it goes right to the edge, years ago sports tyres started to go slicker (or slick) near edges as manufacturers realised riders do not lean right over in the wet.

About time someone came up Dual purpose tyre with much narrower grooves for last inch or so at the edge of the tyre to give a bit more feel and grip near the limit.

Really cannot see the Tourances I have being a lot better than a Roadsmart / PR2 ? BT023 etc in the dirt, yet it probably carries quite a penalty on-road, only really the "look" that makes me desire a DP tyre as I feel the GS may look a bit "odd" on sticky rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by motobiker View Post
    Conti

TRAIL

ATTACKs

Stickier (and a LOT quieter) than them Tourance rubbish on the road. - but still aimed at the same market - road and gentle off road.

I've had a pair of these on my GSA12 since the spring - am impressed with them. Great in the dry, done some light lane work & all good, been thru les fords and very secure in the seriously driving rain....
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

My GSA came with Trail Attacks, very impressed in that you don't notice them such as when fully loaded, two up, clattering through rain on an Autobahn.

Quote Originally Posted by bosleyman2 View Post
    I was on a recent rideout 2 up in wet conditions recently on my 2010 GSA. The rear stepped out twice and the front once. I'm an IAM Observer so I like to think that my cornering technique is OK! The Tourances are fine in dry conditions but certainly do not inspire confidence in the wet! I'm thinking of putting a set of road tyres on as I don't do any off roading (yet). This is my first 'duel purpose' bike having had many sport, sport tour and full on tourers. I found Pilot Road 2's to be the best all round tyres, unfortunately, they don't this tyre fitting for a 19" wheel! any recomendations?
    I find that hard to fathom. I've done 75-80,000 miles on Tourances and they offer excellent wet grip. Better than BT020's and Bridgestone Battlewings both of which I tried but went back to Tourances because of the superior wet weather performance. I've not tried the EXP version of the Tourance so can't comment on them.

Dave
    Ya Bugger......

Conti Trail Attacks are the dogs, everybody has their own take on what's the best tyre, however I think the pro's in Germany's Motorrad mag know what they are talking about.

Not many of us can ride a bike to it's limits like bike testers can, ( some Tossers like to think they can ) lets face it most journalists are wannabe or ex racers and they know how a tyre reacts better than the average Jo who perhaps rides 6000 miles a year.

OK, some Tossers can ride like the pro's but most can't!

Read this... After having 4 sets of tyres I took their advice and tried the Conti's, and I totally agree, best tyres I've ever had!
    http://www.conti-online.com/generato...twinner_en.pdf

I agree with Dave. Regular Tourance front and back for 42,000 miles and they are fine in the rain. Not bad in slush either

I read through the report from Mottorad... Funny that they were impressed by the German tyres.
    Would one of our mags. try and push Avon? Especially if the advertising was good?
    Anyway - v. happy with the Contis but the review says made in Germany. Mine are made in Korea.

Touances

I was just looking to see what I should be paying for a set of Tourances, and came across this one:

http://www.metzelermoto.co.uk/web/To...all_UK_en.page

Question is, what should I be paying for a set for a GS 1200??

first quote £260 fitted.....yikes!

zappa

Just fitted Cont road attack 2's to my 01 GS1150, done approx 150 miles on them seem to be good in the wet so far and quick to steer while feeling planted, but i dont think the rear will last long as i've worn off the word attack in the tyre already!!

As long as they grip like a b***tard i dont care!!

Quote Originally Posted by zappa View Post
    I was just looking to see what I should be paying for a set of Tourances, and came across this one:

zappa
    Had a pair of Tourances fitted at Alan Jeffries yesterday, great service, ride in/out for £237, little more expensive than Sirrels/Bike Tyres Leeds but as they are not yet open at the weekends, I chose to go to AJ's.

Tentative ride home in appalling conditions but in the dryer conditions today felt like night and day from the rather square and 6 year old originals.

Got mine supplied and fitted at Motoscot nr Luton £220!!

Big Jessie

Hoses for courses.

Quote Originally Posted by zappa View Post

zappa
    Just got some from universal tyres on eby gumbay, £184 delivered, should cost no more than £25 fitted and balanced to loose wheels,ps they are tourance vrp or whatever the latest name is, lot about tyres can be in your mind , thats why i have bought metz cos i trust them. good luck. ride safe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast