***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new rubber!!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

tourance

Heads up on the old tourance 163 a pair on fleabay delivered, I have them on my 17 / 19 combo on my KTM 990 and will be my replacement on 1150gs, have been known to ride like a twat come rain or shine and really rate these tyres, never had a prob, I think its just each to their own tho when it comes to tyre choice once you have a slip or two it plays tricks with your head

You are not Spadger,you imposter.

My Border collie is spadger.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bosleyman2 View Post
    I was on a recent rideout 2 up in wet conditions recently on my 2010 GSA. The rear stepped out twice and the front once. I'm an IAM Observer so I like to think that my cornering technique is OK! The Tourances are fine in dry conditions but certainly do not inspire confidence in the wet! I'm thinking of putting a set of road tyres on as I don't do any off roading (yet). This is my first 'duel purpose' bike having had many sport, sport tour and full on tourers. I found Pilot Road 2's to be the best all round tyres, unfortunately, they don't this tyre fitting for a 19" wheel! any recomendations?
    Were these original or Tourance EXP's.

I've had EXP's on the last two new GS's that I've bought,first one I swapped them after very few miles.They felt awful

Second one,they had improved slightly but still didn't like them swapped back to original Tourances.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkleyowlie View Post
    You are not Spadger,you imposter.

My Border collie is spadger.

Steve
    they're mad those collies, good name tho, I had a one we called fetch which made it even , yea mine are the old tourances, personally think they're great rain or shine , dont seem to last long tho

Thumbs up Tourance

I'm on standard Metzler Tourance with my 1200GS. They've done 10,000 miles so far, the rear has squared-off a bit but it's still ok. I'm guessing the rear probably has 2,000 miles in it, maybe less. Overall, I feel OK with them and have not had any moments when I've smelled the adrenalin, despite the lovely weather we've been enjoying since last April...

My previous bike (GSF650 Bandit) had a succession of sets of Michelin Pilot Road 2 - great grip, excellent wear - and before that, Battlax BT21's which were similar but not as good, either in terms of grip or wear.

Anakee 3

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkleyowlie View Post
    Were these original or Tourance EXP's.

I've had EXP's on the last two new GS's that I've bought,first one I swapped them after very few miles.They felt awful

Second one,they had improved slightly but still didn't like them swapped back to original Tourances.

Steve

give these a try just launched Anakee 3 £182 a pair

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Had a set of Tourance Next fitted 2 weeks ago, about 800 miles on them now, loads of grip and seemed good on damp roads too
    Ride the GS like a sports bike and these are the best tyres so far!

Cheers for that - was looking for user views on them as getting new rubber this weekend.

DS

Quote Originally Posted by graham h View Post
    give these a try just launched Anakee 3 £182 a pair
    Had a pair fitted yesterday. Riding home I thought my final drive had gone They are damned noisy.
    IF IT´S GOT TITS OR TYRES THEN SOONER OR LATER YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Up for new tyres shortly, very disappointed to see still no 19 on the pilot roads 3's :-(

Tourances again for me I think

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by AWMotech View Post
    Up for new tyres shortly, very disappointed to see still no 19 on the pilot roads 3's :-(

Why go from wanting a road tyre to a pseudo off road tyre?

Other good road tyres are Roadsmarts or (what I use) Avon Azaro/STs. The Avons work very well on the GS. They smooth out the ride, grip is very good wet and dry and,well, they just work well with the bike. They are a bit old hat now but consistently came out as the best road tyre for the GS in reviews at the time.
    You'll get good prices on them which is a bonus and Avon still offer their puncture guarantee.

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

Pilot 3's!

I've fitted these tyres to my GSA,with a 19 inch front! No problem locating them via EBay.

Best tyre so far for 100% road use.Responsive, wet grip far beyond my talent, excellent wear.

I've had 19" pr3 on the front for the last twelve months and 7500 miles ,where do you normally buy your tyres from ?? Plenty available on eBay black circles if you fit your own
    Don't delay do it today !!

Does anyone know or has had any experience of the difference between Trail Attack 1 & 2 other than price. I understnad tha the '2' are supposed to grip better but are almost twice the price for a front on an 1150gs so are they twice as good?

I appreciate it's a subjective question but any thoughts welcome.

Just fitted a pair if Pilot Road 4's to my 1200 gs ,just done a gentle 10 mile bimble and spotted my mate coming home from work , pulled up at his house , told him about the new tyres at he said "shit your have already got within an inch of the edge !"

An inch? He`s easily impressed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast