new rubber!!

Up for new tyres shortly, very disappointed to see still no 19 on the pilot roads 3's :-(

Tourances again for me I think

Up for new tyres shortly, very disappointed to see still no 19 on the pilot roads 3's :-(

Why go from wanting a road tyre to a pseudo off road tyre?

Other good road tyres are Roadsmarts or (what I use) Avon Azaro/STs. The Avons work very well on the GS. They smooth out the ride, grip is very good wet and dry and,well, they just work well with the bike. They are a bit old hat now but consistently came out as the best road tyre for the GS in reviews at the time.
You'll get good prices on them which is a bonus and Avon still offer their puncture guarantee.

Andres

Pilot 3's!

I've fitted these tyres to my GSA,with a 19 inch front! No problem locating them via EBay.

Best tyre so far for 100% road use.Responsive, wet grip far beyond my talent, excellent wear.

I've had 19" pr3 on the front for the last twelve months and 7500 miles ,where do you normally buy your tyres from ?? Plenty available on eBay black circles if you fit your own :thumb

Does anyone know or has had any experience of the difference between Trail Attack 1 & 2 other than price. I understnad tha the '2' are supposed to grip better but are almost twice the price for a front on an 1150gs so are they twice as good?

I appreciate it's a subjective question but any thoughts welcome.

:thumb2

Just fitted a pair if Pilot Road 4's to my 1200 gs ,just done a gentle 10 mile bimble and spotted my mate coming home from work , pulled up at his house , told him about the new tyres at he said "shit your have already got within an inch of the edge !"

I have used Tourance on both the standard GS1150 and the 1150Adv for the last 8 years and 150,000 miles between them. I ride right through the winter and they have stayed rubber side down wet, dry, snow and ice. I get around 13,000 miles out of a set, but having seen some of the tyres parked at the airport I change mine way earlier than many riders out there.:eek:

How do you know the tyres are noisy? I can't hear a thing over the exhaust and the radio blaring in my ears. :D I am perfectly happy with the ability of the Tourances, solo or loaded. Far more important, has anyone noticed a difference in fuel consumption? An extra 2mpg from a particular tyre would pay for itself over the life of the tyre.

I assume you have added to your initial 10 miles on your Pilot 4's by now? I have just gone back to a GS Adventure (my fourth) after 4 years on a 1200RT - all on Pilot 2's and '3's - so I was seriously considering a set of the Pilot 4's in trail option to replace the worn Tourances on the Adventure. Is it the trail spec you bought and how have they held up?

Lads, has anybody tried the new Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 ??

Have a set ordered but won't have them on the bike for a couple of weeks.........just looking for some feedback!!

Got 3500 on them. They seem a bit more comfortable than A3s with at least as much grip wet dry or cold.
They seem to be wearing well too.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Continental Trial Attacks have been utterly brilliant for me but I always like to try stuff so next up will be a set of Michelin Annekkee 3,s ....

Lads, has anybody tried the new Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 ??

Have a set ordered but won't have them on the bike for a couple of weeks.........just looking for some feedback!!

Younger i´m thinking order a pair of Scorpion Trail II to my 1150 gs.

Do you advise this tyres?

Thank you

Dunlop Road Smart 111

very accomplished tyres, last for 8k miles of hard riding, more grip than 99% of riders would know what to do with, great feel, great comfort. Zero faults.
I've been running road smarts on my 2008 GS 1200 since the 1 came out. Been through various sizes to alter gearing on the back. Tried a Mich pilot 4 it was dreadful.

Now running the current GS sizes on the smaller rims, works just fine even clears the imberger hugger OK.

The standard tourance would be my choice, great tyre wet or dry,
Currently on Avon trailriders, wet or dry easily as good as pr 3 or 4,
Just picked up some tourance from demon tweaks for next change £ 160,
Thats for the lc, the earlier sizes are cheaper, just google tourance tyres,

If you only go on the road ditch any form of trail tyre they are terrible. you can even compare the road smart 111 to pretend off road stuff.
In comparison my new LC's tyres should be illegal, zero grip, zero feel, I f I had too much money I would even bother wearing them out they'd be in the bin no questions

A friend of mine brought his 2017 GSA back to the dealer after a couple of weeks and had the Annakee 3 taken off at his own expense.

Figured they where going to kill him on damp roads.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

A friend of mine brought his 2017 GSA back to the dealer after a couple of weeks and had the Annakee 3 taken off at his own expense.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Funny how the Anakee's seem such a marmite tire

Some folks hate them enough to take them off before leaving the showroom and others have happily gone through several sets :nenau

Personally I found them pretty good, great grip wet or dry and the noise never bothered me, I've had other noisy tires

Just put some Road Attack 3s on :D

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Funny how the Anakee's seem such a marmite tire

Some folks hate them enough to take them off before leaving the showroom and others have happily gone through several sets :nenau

Personally I found them pretty good, great grip wet or dry and the noise never bothered me, I've had other noisy tires

Just put some Road Attack 3s on :D

Back
Top Bottom