***Please Note*** you can not create threads directly in this section. This section is made up of threads that have been moved here from other areas of the site
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new rubber!!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I have used Tourance on both the standard GS1150 and the 1150Adv for the last 8 years and 150,000 miles between them. I ride right through the winter and they have stayed rubber side down wet, dry, snow and ice. I get around 13,000 miles out of a set, but having seen some of the tyres parked at the airport I change mine way earlier than many riders out there.

How do you know the tyres are noisy? I can't hear a thing over the exhaust and the radio blaring in my ears. I am perfectly happy with the ability of the Tourances, solo or loaded. Far more important, has anyone noticed a difference in fuel consumption? An extra 2mpg from a particular tyre would pay for itself over the life of the tyre.

I assume you have added to your initial 10 miles on your Pilot 4's by now? I have just gone back to a GS Adventure (my fourth) after 4 years on a 1200RT - all on Pilot 2's and '3's - so I was seriously considering a set of the Pilot 4's in trail option to replace the worn Tourances on the Adventure. Is it the trail spec you bought and how have they held up?
    It is not in the bright arrival planned, but in the dreams men dream along the way they find the Golden Road to Samarkand. Omar

Lads, has anybody tried the new Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 ??

Have a set ordered but won't have them on the bike for a couple of weeks.........just looking for some feedback!!

Got 3500 on them. They seem a bit more comfortable than A3s with at least as much grip wet dry or cold.
    They seem to be wearing well too.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Continental Trial Attacks have been utterly brilliant for me but I always like to try stuff so next up will be a set of Michelin Annekkee 3,s ....

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by younger06 View Post
    Lads, has anybody tried the new Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 ??

Have a set ordered but won't have them on the bike for a couple of weeks.........just looking for some feedback!!
    Younger i´m thinking order a pair of Scorpion Trail II to my 1150 gs.

Do you advise this tyres?

Thank you

Dunlop Road Smart 111

very accomplished tyres, last for 8k miles of hard riding, more grip than 99% of riders would know what to do with, great feel, great comfort. Zero faults.
    I've been running road smarts on my 2008 GS 1200 since the 1 came out. Been through various sizes to alter gearing on the back. Tried a Mich pilot 4 it was dreadful.

Now running the current GS sizes on the smaller rims, works just fine even clears the imberger hugger OK.

The standard tourance would be my choice, great tyre wet or dry,
    Currently on Avon trailriders, wet or dry easily as good as pr 3 or 4,
    Just picked up some tourance from demon tweaks for next change £ 160,
    Thats for the lc, the earlier sizes are cheaper, just google tourance tyres,

If you only go on the road ditch any form of trail tyre they are terrible. you can even compare the road smart 111 to pretend off road stuff.
    In comparison my new LC's tyres should be illegal, zero grip, zero feel, I f I had too much money I would even bother wearing them out they'd be in the bin no questions

A friend of mine brought his 2017 GSA back to the dealer after a couple of weeks and had the Annakee 3 taken off at his own expense.

Figured they where going to kill him on damp roads.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
    A friend of mine brought his 2017 GSA back to the dealer after a couple of weeks and had the Annakee 3 taken off at his own expense.

Sent from a OnePlusX.
    Funny how the Anakee's seem such a marmite tire

Some folks hate them enough to take them off before leaving the showroom and others have happily gone through several sets

Personally I found them pretty good, great grip wet or dry and the noise never bothered me, I've had other noisy tires

Just put some Road Attack 3s on

Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France

Sent from a OnePlusX.
    Funny how the Anakee's seem such a marmite tire

Some folks hate them enough to take them off before leaving the showroom and others have happily gone through several sets

Personally I found them pretty good, great grip wet or dry and the noise never bothered me, I've had other noisy tires

Just put some Road Attack 3s on

wow, they aren't marmite... they should be illegal !!!

I did an 80 mile trip in the dry sunny conditions at 23C on sunday, on those tyres I was teetering around wondering how much slower I need to go just to try and stay alive and if there was any grip to be had at all.

Today on the old bike with road smart 111's, this evening got caught in heavy rain, unlit roads, standing water, falling in to pole holes full of 6" deep water I couldn't see, wobbling out the other side with wet leaves all over the road. how did it feel....they have more grip than that other rubbish does in the dry, they feel planted and safe and I was actually enjoying the ride !!!l

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234