Cameras

Bag looks good :)

Odd - the email notification shows a lot more txt, about being Canon Approved????:confused:

Made me laugh, anyhow!

I may still end up flogging the DSLR - I never seem to get adequate time to do what I want with it. If I'm riding, I wanna keep riding!

Time will tell.

Yoy

Odd - the email notification shows a lot more txt, about being Canon Approved????:confused:

Made me laugh, anyhow!

I may still end up flogging the DSLR - I never seem to get adequate time to do what I want with it. If I'm riding, I wanna keep riding!

Time will tell.

Yoy
Ninja edit ;)

There's no doubt about it, DSLR's are superior but I can't help feeling that on relatively light bikes like the MM and SM a good compact is more appropriate. Certainly easier to "whip it out" at a moments notice :JB

By the way I tested the G10 the other day and the results are amazing. Never seen a compact produce such sharp and detailed images :thumb2

Ninja edit ;)

There's no doubt about it, DSLR's are superior but I can't help feeling that on relatively light bikes like the MM and SM a good compact is more appropriate. Certainly easier to "whip it out" at a moments notice :JB

By the way I tested the G10 the other day and the results are amazing. Never seen a compact produce such sharp and detailed images :thumb2

...and I thought I had it all sussed! :confused::confused::confused:

Bugger. Might have to buy a blinkin' P6000 now...:nenau

JB

I used to be indecisive...

Hmmmm...:confused:

Just trolled up to Jessops and had a bit of one-on-one action with Mistress Nikon P6000, and sloppy seconds with the horny bitch that is the Canon G10...

I have to say...:bow

The G10 is the better looking, better made, and better handling of the two. It's more intuitive in terms of controls and layout, too.

There. Said it. A 30 year grudge against Canon gone. I must be mellowing! :D

I think I might see about getting one. It has to be better than lugging 5Kg of optics around the Alps???

Yoy

From all that I have read and heard the Lumix LX3 is the one to get. :rob
10 megapixel, 1/1.63-inch CCD sensor
Venus Engine IV image processor
3.0-inch LCD screen with a 3:2 aspect ratio and 460K dot resolution
Extended ISO range (80-3200)
Excellent super fast, wide, Leica lens, 2.5x, 24-60mm wide-angle lens with a bright maximum aperture of F/2.0 at the 24mm setting
optical image stabilizer
2.5fps continuous shooting
JPEG and RAW image formats
Video capabilities

Interestingly though it does not have an integrated viewfinder and relating to Magnum's previous coments regarding light and composing thru the LCD screen, I wonder how much of a let down this might be. :eek:

We'll put them all to the test on tour. (Forget the Nikon)

P.S. me and the Bandit are really pleased that you have taken to your renaming as "Yoy"

Hmmmm...:confused:

Just trolled up to Jessops and had a bit of one-on-one action with Mistress Nikon P6000, and sloppy seconds with the horny bitch that is the Canon G10...

I have to say...:bow

The G10 is the better looking, better made, and better handling of the two. It's more intuitive in terms of controls and layout, too. I'm really sorry that I dissed your camera man. The first round is on me :beerjug:

There. Said it. A 30 year grudge against Canon gone. I must be mellowing! :D

I think I might see about getting one. It has to be better than lugging 5Kg of optics around the Alps???

Yoy
Edited for truth :D

From all that I have read and heard the Lumix LX3 is the one to get. :rob
The LX3 and G10 do seem to be favourites at the moment. I know the LX3 has better high ISO performance, but the lack of viewfinder is a serious omission, especially for bright outdoors work. Excellent image quality though :thumb2

:aidan

Erm...guess who's now the proud owner of a G10? :D

Hope it's good, Magnum...:rob:D

Have to wait a couple of hours for the battery to charge now!:(

I'll let you have some feedback over the weekend, if I'm not boring everyone.:blagblah

Yoy

:aidan

Erm...guess who's now the proud owner of a G10? :D

Hope it's good, Magnum...:rob:D

Have to wait a couple of hours for the battery to charge now!:(

I'll let you have some feedback over the weekend, if I'm not boring everyone.:blagblah

Yoy
Good man :thumb2

Nice bit of kit - I'm sure you'll be pleased. Maybe post a pic or two of your new bike taken with it?

Of course!

I'll set something up on Photobucket, rather than bore people on here.

Meant to say, I've been thinking about ditching my Nikon gear for some time - not really practical on a bike. Your suggestion about a decent compact, tipped me over the edge :thumb

So...I listed all the Nikon gear as a kit on eBay at about 3pm yeasterday, and sold it by 3.02! How jammy's that?:thumb2

Anyhow, weather looks pretty good, so going out with the family for a while, and may go for ride later if the weather holds :cool

Yoy

Joybringer's self portrait with the new G10

15774290_98847da995.jpg

The G10 really captured his good side

:beerjug:

This no good then

Take it my camera wont be any good for the trip then:D
I tend to miss all the action shots with it (shutter speed a bit slow):blast
cam.jpg Tripods a bit on the heavy side to.:rolleyes:

Take it my camera wont be any good for the trip then:D
I tend to miss all the action shots with it (shutter speed a bit slow):blast
View attachment 113730 Tripods a bit on the heavy side to.:rolleyes:
You're doing it wrong. Get some Duct Tape and secure it to your helmet. Then it will always be handy when the perfect shot presents itself.

Tip - try to avoid taping over your visor :D

Back
Top Bottom