Cameras

camcorder

Take it my camcorder is out of the question as well then.:toungincheek

OldMovieCameraBW[1].jpg

Could always tape this to my lid instead of a bullet cam (tend to look a bit like micky mouse though) :augie:D

In France for a couple of days

Warm night.

I'm off to St Malo for Saturday and Sunday morning, riding up through Normandy, returning Monday from Le Harve.:JB

Two things:-

1. I'll post some photos from my new G10
2. If anyone else should happen to be in that area, we could meet up? First round of beers are on me :thumb2

I have taken a few test shots, but thought I'd wait for a subject a little more interesting, and maybe put a little ride report together.

Mind you, I'm quite shy, so may just hide until September :hide

Bike's pretty much done - just waiting on the gel/comfort seat, which is not available now until end of March/mid-April. At least I'll find out this weekend, how long I can ride without feeling or walking like John Wayne...

JB

Another thought about cameras. Unless you are taking spare batteries you may need to bring your battery charger with you. Please remember that Switzerland uses a different plug format to the rest of Europe.

swiss_israel_rewireable.jpg

More info here (near bottom of page). There's a chance some of the smaller hotels will not have adapters so please think about this in advance, especially for mobile phones.

Magnum,

the swiss/uk adaptors are 5 francs in media markt, if u dont have one near you i have a media markt about 5 mins walk from me so if needed i can pop some in the post but as i am sure to join u for a few days ill bring them along with me to dish out to fellow tossers :aidan

Magnum,

the swiss/uk adaptors are 5 francs in media markt, if u dont have one near you i have a media markt about 5 mins walk from me so if needed i can pop some in the post but as i am sure to join u for a few days ill bring them along with me to dish out to fellow tossers :aidan
Thanks mate :thumb2

I'll have a look and see if I can find some locally.

g10

Magnum / YOY as you both have recently just bought the canon g10 did you do any research into the price ? if so can i ask how much did yous pay and where did yous purchase it from.

The cheapest i can find at the moment is at simply electronics and camerabox ,

or did you two rocker fellas just pay top dollar with money not being an issue :augie:D:D

Well, speaking from experience, I sold my ass down the docks when the yanks were in. Bastids, though - everyone wanted change. Mind you, I had my first blowjob.

I got a fiver for it...

On the otherhand, Mags just reaches into the back of the sofa... ;)

I paid £370, from memory, from Warehouse Express, but just checked them and they're gorn up. Exchange rate crap, I expect.

Seriously, it is a very high quality piece of kit. I've been a Nikon man for donkey's years, but this made me turn.

If you really want quality, get one.

Yoy

I bought one through my company. No cheaper than retail but when you don't live in the UK it was the most convenient method.

I think Yoy got his from Jessops.

EDIT: Just seen Yoy's post. Warehouse Express then.

By the way, canon prices went up 20% a month or two ago, due to the falling value of the £, which of course is that Scottish idiots fault :loopy

Cheers lads:thumb2:thumb2
Just been reading on the photography forum that there is a recall on them {only certain ones }:blast

Its between the G10 and the panasonic lumix LX3 at the mo tend to be going towards the G10 :thumb2

I bought one through my company. No cheaper than retail but when you don't live in the UK it was the most convenient method.

I think Yoy got his from Jessops.

EDIT: Just seen Yoy's post. Warehouse Express then.

By the way, canon prices went up 20% a month or two ago, due to the falling value of the £, which of course is that Scottish idiots fault :loopy

Nope - you're right - it was Jessops

M

Nope - you're right - it was Jessops

M

And im asking you the price you dont even remember where you got it from!!!:D:D mind you it was a long time ago ! about a month wasnt it ::toungincheekD:D:D

I will just ask magnum if i need to know anything about you next time mate :D

Cheers lads:thumb2:thumb2
Just been reading on the photography forum that there is a recall on them {only certain ones }:blast

Its between the G10 and the panasonic lumix LX3 at the mo tend to be going towards the G10 :thumb2
The LX3 is well reviewed HOWEVER, it doesn't have a viewfinder and I know from past experience on last years trip when I took a Leice D-Lux 3, which I believe is the same camera as the LX3, you really do need a viewfinder in bright sunlight. Also Image quality compared to the amazing G10 is seriously lacking.

Hope this helps :thumb2

Well, speaking from experience, I sold my ass down the docks when the yanks were in. Bastids, though - everyone wanted change. Mind you, I had my first blowjob.

I got a fiver for it...

Yoy

Best keep this bit quite mate or you wont have anyone offering to share a room with you,:augie

Then again up in them lonely moutains you might get LOADS OF OFFERS:ymca:hug:hug:ymca:comfort:comfort:D:D:

GOT IT my new G10

View attachment 120299

:confused:Now all i need to do is learn how to use it and get the best out of it:confused:

Impressed so far lovely bit of kit

Cheers lads i owe yous one :beer::beerjug::beerjug::beer:

Off to sunny Gran canaria on mon for a :hpbirthda:hogroastso
hopefully be giving it a good testing on some sights out there BIRDS MAYBE :manny

Thats after ive did a bit of :steptoe

and a bit of:Motomartin

Followed by a lot of:beerjug::beer::beerjug::101

with a bit of the local :fnikefork

Keepin well out the way of the local :bobby

Only thing is ive just found out its :ymca :ymca2week overthere

:hide:hide:hide::hide:hide:hide:hide:hide

Im hopfully going to try and hire a :tarka :moped:for the day and see some sights

And now there are 3. Good purchase mate :clap

Quick idiots guide - just set the main dial on Auto, point and shoot :D

Switching to P is much the same but with more flexibility to alter various settings.

It's a great camera :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom