France - the Great '3 Day Bimble'

Farnham to Newhaven? Its downhill all the way and nothing a riding god can't do in 90 minutes, easy-peasy. :augie So, allowing for the hangover, getting on the make-up and all the rest of the tedious chores a girl has to do to be presentable, I wouldn't bother going to bed if you want to make the 0800 meet. :D

See you there and roll-on the full English. :thumb

Just a note to say have a good time one and all, stay safe and avoid the gendarmes! Would like to be coming but can't on this occaision. Hope the sun shines for you all.
Matt :thumb2

Thanks for the good wishes Mattrex - perhaps you might manage the proposed May trip...............:thumb2

I presume, Scuba, that you've actioned Plan 'B' (mate's battery) or else the tow-rope that you had so cunningly hidden on your beast for us 1200 owners might need to serve another function :augie

Hasta la vista, hombres :gringo

Thanks guys! That was a really nice trip..... :beerjug:
Hope you enjoyed the third day, and sorry i couldnt join you. Sure you found some cracking roads on the way back. Will have to compare notes sometime, as I headed off and found a few nice twisties on the homeward run.

Finished up arriving at home at 2pm! :augie A nice fast little run.....

All the best, and look forward to next time!

Hi Strider
We sure did find some good twisties onthe way back!! :augie :green gri :JB
Will put the pics up later. :rolleyes:
Thanks to everyone else, had a great time :thumb2 Will try to make the May trip :drool

Scuba - Who's a Holigan?' - Sparky :D

Hi guys,

Good to hear that the troops have all got home safely - weary but grinning to a man. :clap Although Strider and yours truly had to peel off a bit sooner than the rest of you, it looks like Strider had a good return blast and made it home early-doors. My return via Caen and the FastCat ferry was a bit more boring except for this enormous fecker anchored outside Portsmouth:

uss_theodore_roosevelt_IMG_8737-725.jpg

The USS Theodore Roosevelt looked about the same size as the Isle of Wight from the ferry and is so bloody huge that it can't even fit into the home of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth Harbour. Yikes, glad the Yanks are our allies. :eek:

I'll look forward to ride-reports and pictures and some of GreatScott's video masterpieces as well and will put my own musings down as soon as I get a minute. Meanwhile, this hugely enjoyable weekend has really fired up my desire to make the 6-day France Iron-Man Blast in May happen - so keep watching the thread. :D

Thanks one and all for a great time with a great bunch of guys. :aidan

Nice one chaps. Thx to Old Rascal for organising. We sure did find some nice quiet scenic twisty roads to blast back on yesterday with some quaint french villages with fantastic weather. Shame Strider and Old Rascal had to bail early, but such is life.

Got home safely. Thanks to one and all for a great trip, especially to OldRascal for organising everything and the lead out guys not least WindyChuffer for a great route home. Will sort out some pics later - probably on a new thread. A pity Strider and OldRascal had to catch an earlier trip home and I hope all well.

Hi All
Guess where this is? :augie

As you can see the weather was great, so was the food and company. :thumb

Scuba Sparky. Aka 'Who a Holigan?' :green gri

The 1150 Grey Zebra is faster than the Red 1200's round the twisties :comfort :augie

Attachments

• Copy of P4040919.jpg
    Copy of P4040919.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 75
It is true to say that Windy-Sparky and his amazing 1150GS aka GreyZebra showed the bigger 1200 sisters the way round the twisties. :clap But its my view (shared by all of his riding chums I am sure) that the amazing agility of the aforementioned GreyZebra had as much to do with the unusual cutouts in the seat making room for its rider's enormous 'cojones' as to any intrinsic handling advantage. :D Not that WindyChuffer and Strider didn't make heroic efforts in that department - er, the riding, not the nuts department.

Yours truly felt obliged to maintain a dignified riding stance at all times of course (apart from the odd 110mph blast along the narrow lanes in an attempt at keeping up with these monkeys). :rob

Anyhow, you've had the lunch on the beach in sunshine shot, so here's a couple of the rainy period earlier in the day:

Cold and bored at Newhaven: 0800

IMG00030-20090403-084700000.jpg

On a headland near Dinard

IMG00031-20090404-100700000.jpg

Then the sun came out.:eek:onyack

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Windy-Sparky in the previous post should read, of course:

Scuba-Sparky

I plead too much free wine on Saturday evening. :D

Hi All :augie

Some more pic's of the big trip. :rolleyes:

:clap