France - the Great '3 Day Bimble'

Hi All :beer:
When I go to France on one off my mystery tours :drool, Its a case off lets go south then follow compass south, have found some great roads, lanes, tracks, paths and dead ends! :JB
Have found plan to much, you can be disappointed. :augie
Thought the trip was to discover a bit more of France :D :ChrisKelly

Scuba

Hi All
Still looking forward to it though :thumb2
The ADV tank is nearly finished, got the last top coat on today :rolleyes: With no flies in it either. :blast
Scuba :aidan

Hi there Scuba, what happened to your bike for you to have to paint the tank? Tried to find out how far it skated on its side or was it even more fun? :D

Hi All
No problems with the tank (Yet! :eek) Managed to get my hands on an ADV tank for the trips abroad, had to many times of 'I do hope there's a filling station soon :blast' So now have two tanks small and large :rolleyes::JB

Scuba

:beerjug: :bounce1

Well it would help the decision making, we're not going to have much success planning our route on the free Saturday in France if we don't make an effort............so I'm up for it as long as all of us can meet. :thumb

There's always the boat to sit and pore over the maps on (its a long crossing, and we'll need something to do), plus there's breakfast the next morning. Not a great fan of detailed planning per se, but need a v rough game plan. See what transpires over a few beers. :beerjug:

Are we all still up for the meet this Sat, 21st March? 19:30?

At http://www.franklandarms.co.uk/index.html

Google maps link: here

I gather from another thread that there'll be another GS meet going on there too, see this thread.

Got the hang of it now..

I suggested a social at the Franklin Arms following the ride out from Goodwood, just so those of us on the South Coast could get to know one another. I thought it might also be a chance for those going to France to meet and chat as well as meet others.

I don't think we need to meet specifically to fix routes. We could simply make it up as we go along or consider the options on the ferry over. I suspose though we will have a plan to meet up prior to getting on the ferry

Last edited:
Good plan GreatScott.

In any case, I think that NDLines at Newhaven will put us and any other bikers travelling on that crossing in a separate compound..........er, I mean lane. :rolleyes: As the boat leaves at 0930, we should probably aim for an 0830 or so meet up after ticketing and customs in the 'compound'.

But as WindyChuffer points out, we've got a 4 hour crossing so plenty of time to pore over maps and similar - well, that's in the absence of anything else to 'paw over. :D I also suspect that the owners of our hotel in Saint-James know the region pretty well and will happily give us a few pointers and places to visit on Friday.

So I'll stop fussing. :augie

Good plan GreatScott.

In any case, I think that NDLines at Newhaven will put us and any other bikers travelling on that crossing in a separate compound..........er, I mean lane. :rolleyes: As the boat leaves at 0930, we should probably aim for an 0830 or so meet up after ticketing and customs in the 'compound'.

But as WindyChuffer points out, we've got a 4 hour crossing so plenty of time to pore over maps and similar - well, that's in the absence of anything else to 'paw over. :D I also suspect that the owners of our hotel in Saint-James know the region pretty well and will happily give us a few pointers and places to visit on Friday.

So I'll stop fussing. :augie

See you for beer though? :beer:

Strider returns!

:bounce1:beerjug::roll:beerjug:

Hi All, i managed to get the work schedule and commitments balanced so I could make this cracking little trip!

So, check list at the ready:-

1. Ferry booked :thumb2

2. Hotel booked :thumb2

3. 25 euro dinner extravaganza arranged :thumb2

Cant wait, sorry to mess you all about but thunderbirds are definately go now!

(THanks to OldRascal for hotel assistance and general patience!)

The ferry is very convenient for me, being just up the road in Crowborough as well.

Work is uber tough at the moment, so really looking forward to a blast around france, some good company and food. Should be a cracker.

Now we have a real party.
:hogroast

And the newly updated list is:

• OldRascal
  • Windy Chuffer
  • Scuba-Sparky
  • GreatScott
  • Strider
Yihaaaaa............er, or something more British perhaps.:duck:

Now we have a real party.
:hogroast

And the newly updated list is:
  • OldRascal
  • Windy Chuffer
  • Scuba-Sparky
  • GreatScott
  • Strider
Yihaaaaa............er, or something more British perhaps.:duck:

Perhaps the english version should be :-

'good, yes, really quite good. Excellent in fact.'

naaahhh, Yihaaaaa it much better!!! :beerjug:

Hi All
:JB
Trips looking getting better :thumb2 :beerjug:
Thanks for the PM Oldraskle :rolleyes: :ChrisKelly

Cant wait, not sure if I will be able to make it to the Sunday social, will try! Promise :augie

Scuba

i will be in that very area on the 4th April driving to my house in Brittany, will have SWIMBO and nose pickers in back.... but if you get flashed at by a blue disco3 then tis me.... have a great trip and was planning to join you :( suggesting we stop at our house when wifey pointed out i was with her at the same time.... she said bringing a load of men i met on the internet to our place was not an option!!.... can't see why you all seemed fine (ish) at Goodwood!!!!

Have a great trip

i will be in that very area on the 4th April driving to my house in Brittany, will have SWIMBO and nose pickers in back.... but if you get flashed at by a blue disco3 then tis me.... have a great trip and was planning to join you :( suggesting we stop at our house when wifey pointed out i was with her at the same time.... she said bringing a load of men i met on the internet to our place was not an option!!.... can't see why you all seemed fine (ish) at Goodwood!!!!

Have a great trip

We will keep our eyes peeled for a blue disco. Will youo be towing the GS then? :beerjug:

We will keep our eyes peeled for a blue disco. Will youo be towing the GS then? :beerjug:

I have thought about getting a trailer to move bike back and forth, but SWMBO insists that holiday time is for the family!! Can't complain though if this had not clashed i would have been allowed to go!!.... she is letting me take a week out in July where i plan to go down to the pyranees....then Picos...

Hey twizzle, of course we could always try and hook-up in Brittany on the Saturday for a quick glass of something in a friendly hostellery as we are all passing through with nothing much planned as yet. I am sure that one of us would just love to get in touch with his feminine side (no names, no pack drill, you understand :augie) and look after the bairns whilst engaging Mrs. Twizzle in meaningful and enjoyable conversation leaving the rest of us men to talk - er.................men talk. :blagblah

On an entirely disassociated matter, it looks like I have been collared by eldest daughter who has a new man in tow that I am being requested to meet on Saturday. There had better not be any unfortunate news about her being in 'a delicate situation' or that will thoroughly spoil my weekend. That said, she is a good girl and luckily hasn't inherited her Dad's libertine ways. :eek:

As it is, I will have to forego the undoubted pleasures of meeting fellow Tossers at the Franklin Arms on Saturday. Oh well, c'est la bloody vie I suppose. :rolleyes:

See y'all at the ferry.

Back
Top Bottom