Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOGRAOST UNPLUGGED

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by att View Post
    I am up for a spot of fire breathing combined with really poor comedy.
    If fire breathing is allowed........ I know many frown upon it as it can cause death instantly if done incorrectly.
    as it's you that would get snuffed out.
    cant see there being a problem
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I am up for a spot of fire breathing combined with really poor comedy.
    If fire breathing is allowed........ I know many frown upon it as it can cause death instantly if done incorrectly.
    I'm prepared to let you risk it
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Anyone gonna bring some sheets of words to songs?

I'll sing some if I've got an aide memoir
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Anyone gonna bring some sheets of words to songs?

I'll sing some if I've got an aide memoir
    The Band have got RAWRIDE off to a tee

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    The Band have got RAWRIDE off to a tee
    Have they been out on the plains with no saddle?

2008 R1200GSA

Still trying to work out how to strap a snare drum to the back of the bike

I'll suss it out don't worry

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
    Still trying to work out how to strap a snare drum to the back of the bike

I'll suss it out don't worry
    Put it in a box and post it to me by thursday and i'll make sure its there at the weekend then I can post it back to you next week

I've been looking at those chair/box type drums, i've seen them at a couple of gigs and they sound great

Shep

I hope you can cover for Gaz
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
    I hope you can cover for Gaz
    Sorted

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

... In your case I'm sure we can make an exception

The moment is almost upon us
    ... Based on the number of PMs I've had and the growing number of responses to this thread it should be the last desperate throes of a bunch of aging wannebees an entertaining evening

... It's all about collaboration, co-operation and grin-factor

... If everyone is true to their word we could even be over-subscribed. So kick-off will likely be ASAP after Elvis has finished his elvising

... Apologies in advance if not everyone gets to play every song they know, but we'll do our best to make sure everyone who wants too gets their shot to join in

... Participants ...

... Once all the tent erection and blowing up of beds is done, come to the marquee around tea time and we'll get to organising the gear. Please leave the 'stage' clear until we know what and how many we've got to play with

... Fret () ye not, Shep & I will get you all sorted

... I thangyew
    “Every man who dreams has a screw loose. Awarding them that screw will not make them sane.
    On the contrary, it will prevent them from losing that bright madness of which they are proud."

Benito Quinquela Martin

Can I blow a horn if they are shite, to put us out of our misery

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    Can I blow my horn if they are shite ...
    ... I'm told you need to remove a couple of ribs to do that
    “Every man who dreams has a screw loose. Awarding them that screw will not make them sane.
    On the contrary, it will prevent them from losing that bright madness of which they are proud."

Benito Quinquela Martin

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I would like to post that Rosie is a good guitar player and if she's 'alcoholically lubricated' enough and approached in a nice way by someone she knows, might be 'encouraged' to go up and play.....but I can't 'cos if she saw this, I'd be dead

PS If I don't turn up, please send Grapes and cake to the intensive care unit in Colchester General
    सत्यमेव जयते

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Put it in a box and post it to me by thursday and i'll make sure its there at the weekend then I can post it back to you next week

I've been looking at those chair/box type drums, i've seen them at a couple of gigs and they sound great

Shep
    I will need it for a gig saturday night (it's my spare and I've fallen foul of not having a spare in the past ). I'll get it on the bike one way or another. Will just have a snare, snare stand and a set of brushes (not that I have any idea how to play with brushes, but they are quiter and will therefore make for easier listening ).

The boxes are called a cajon and they are brill (but dear ). I'm sure you could build one good enough to this kind of thing for feck all. It's just a snare wire behind a plank of thin wood

Fat blokes bounce better

flipfly - Dec 2012

John (Bede) & Shep

I will bring Patrick with his acoustic & electric guitars - he'll be up for a solo spot as well as jamming along with anyone else who wants some backing - he is a bloody good guitarist ETISSM.

I was going to bring my collection of gob irons (in different keys) in order to give any blues that lonesome feeling.

Do you want me to bring bass guitar? wasn't going to, but can if required and can jam along with pretty much anything as usually play by ear.

What about mics, amps, leads, mic stands etc.

Cheers - Phil

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Phil

I think I may be wrong but I sort of remember somebody saying it was going to be an open mic/accoustic/song circle sort of affair

I'm just bringing all my kit, the Bede is bringing his bits and bobs as well.

I don't think there will be a PA available in the tent so I think a more personal friendly atmosphere will be what we are working towards.

Bring whatever you've got we don't have to use it all and I don't think you can have too much, I suppose a mic would be handy his year

Shep

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast