Trouble with Garmin V

TimD

Anybody had problems with downloading routes created on Map Source onto the GPS unit?

Longer routes get 3/4 of the way through loading and up pops the message on the unit "route truncated"

Trying to then access the route when needed results in the GPS unit telling you that it can't find the maps the route was created on!!!!

Any ideas anyone? ( I have downloaded 4.9 - I think! - but the problem remains )

Boxer is probably right. I had the same trouble with my eMap. Created turn-by-turn routes using autorouting on the PC, but when I came to download them, they were truncated.
Created key waypoints (<50 per route) and used that instead.
Funny though - I'd have thought the V wouldn't be affected. Check the specs on www.garmin.com for route limitations.

'Truncated'

A handful of turn/waypoints is all! Certainly nowhere near 50

I will check out the website as you suggest though

Your thoughts are appreciated

Check that you have the latest firmware for the unit. Garmin supposedly fixed this a while back with a download. I had the same problem that disappeared after the upgrade

City slicker

When I start up Map Source it says 4.9, so I presumed that the download had worked. What else can I check?

I know little of such matters - hardware and software I am familiar with, what is firmware????:confused:

........and in answer to your next question.........

Holding down the enter key while turning the unit on will display the firmware version you are running.

This came from joining Garmin v at yahoo groups and doing a search on firmware.

Might be an idea to join yourself.

Russ.

Re: City slicker

TimD said:
When I start up Map Source it says 4.9, so I presumed that the download had worked. What else can I check?

I know little of such matters - hardware and software I am familiar with, what is firmware????:confused:

Already covered by other posts but you're confusing the Mapsource software (version 4.09) with the GPS V unit's firmware which should be 2.08 if you have updated it correctly. Download the firmwarte fom the website at Garmin and follow the instructions if you havent done so already.

THANKS GUYS!!!!!

PROBLEM SORTED

SORRY TO BE SUCH A NUMPTY!!!!!!!

'tis a piece of piss when you consult the experts:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom