Siberian Extreme

Since you are into that sort of thing ... here's a shot of the gates to the Citadel ...
3544532703_4d9f73df29.jpg

Amazing trip but I’m not sure you really know about these things Cole:confused:, for example I can't see the support trucks :nenau and why haven’t you been having tantrums and sulks whinging about how hard it is?:blagblah

…you’ve still a lot to learn if you want to do this properly!:rob

Excellent thread keep the updates coming and I want to be on this road:drool

... instead of in my feckin office :tears

...no don't worry i'll be alright:tears ...i just:tears ...sniff, want some sponsership:tears ...sniff sniff or a tv deal:tears (see that's how you do it:thumb)
cheers Cormick

3632551540_bf1d95b0f7.jpg

Is there a link available to this in a bigger size.... i'd like to use as my desktop background please if thats OK?

3632551540_bf1d95b0f7.jpg

Is there a link available to this in a bigger size.... i'd like to use as my desktop background please if thats OK?

OK ... easiest option is to find the pic on the blog (www.sibirskyextreme.com), click on it. You will get a larger version .. .double size.

if you need larger than that, PM me your desktop pixel size and i will custom cut one for you. Cant give out the full scale pics at this point, but should be able to get you a desktop size version given some time. (still on the road). Try the blog first.
:)

Amazing trip but I’m not sure you really know about these things Cole:confused:, for example I can't see the support trucks :nenau and why haven’t you been having tantrums and sulks whinging about how hard it is?:blagblah

…you’ve still a lot to learn if you want to do this properly!:rob

O contraire ... Supply trucks, make-up vans etc were sent on up ahead with the graders, to make sure the road was smooth enough for us.

We have a mobile jacuzzi van too complete with swedish masseuses which we meet up with each evening. It has a bar attached so we can have cocktails in the jacuzzi while getting our daily massages, while in the tub, sipping mohitos.

I know we are a bit naive, but thanks to useful advice, we are improving our set-up.

Its still pretty rough ... and I spend a lot of time on the sat-phone complaining to my agent (he is in a 4WD van 800 yards behind us the whole way).
:thumb:thumb:thumb

Your trip looks stunning. Good work:thumb
How is the bike coping?

Bike is awesome. BMW really should consider making a factory based touring version of the X-Challenge. Its a great platform. The engine is the strongest point ... faultless. Followed by the weight. Its a very light touring bike. Ground clearance is awesome.

The mods such as the front fairing, extra fuel tank, super suspension are all essential to the standard bike, but the platform and the engine are as good as anything out there.

If I could change one thing, it would be the front brakes ... they are built for the dirt bike that the X-Challenge starts off as, and I would prefer a second front disc.

Only thing I have really struggled with has been luggage systems. I have good racks built up, but lack the right bags. The bicycle bags (about 22 litres each) I started with do not have a strong enough mounting mechanism and the ortlieb motorcycle panniers (about 20 litres each) are too small to replace them. An ideal compromise would be a pair of 30 litre custom made bags and then the back bag is just tent and sleeping bag.

I'm enjoying following the blog and following the progress, I've dropped the footage of you leaving Touratech to Nick if you need any copies of files, clips etc. please request it from him and he'll sort it out I'm sure.

When are you meeting up with Mac?

all the best from darkest surrey.

regards

Lo

The only good thing about being in a recession, is the fact that I have enough time to read reports like this. Otherwise it would stop me from working, and we know that's a bad thing, right? :augie
Enjoying it muchly. :thumb
Mark

I'm enjoying following the blog and following the progress, I've dropped the footage of you leaving Touratech to Nick if you need any copies of files, clips etc. please request it from him and he'll sort it out I'm sure.

When are you meeting up with Mac?

all the best from darkest surrey.

regards

Lo

Thanks mate ... will talk to The Plumbster when I get back

Back
Top Bottom