Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Siberian Extreme

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Sadly, due to being frozen in,in Astana Kazakhstan, the worlds second coldest capital city, where its already -15 and been down to -18 overnight, SibirskyExtreme will take a short break ... and be back in April !!!
    Looking forward to next year's installment already. Enjoy your "break".
    We should learn from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. [/I]

Its a bit of a bummer ... BMW was looking at putting the bike on their stand at the NEC show this year ... but kinda impossible now.

And I dont have a bike for 5 months.

It gets better. The longest customs extension I could get for the bike is April 3rd .... its only just getting thru 0 degrees the first week of april. If I am lucky it will be +5, if unlucky it will be -5.

DVD Preview

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    that looks good look forward to seeing more...

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-IQ View Post
    that looks good look forward to seeing more...
    +1

Early Sibirsky Footage

I have compiled some of the early Sibirsky footage into a 2 part video of the past years riding. While not in Siberia you get a good idea of the route taken to get to the staging area that was Siberia.

from everywherevirtually on Vimeo.

Included in this video are extracts from Sibirsky Extreme in Western & Eastern Europe and other footage taken throughout 2009 and 2010.

The second part of the everywhere, virtually in a year. From March 2009 to march 2010 this video captures some of the highlights, the people and the places visited along the way.

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Is Walter planning to cross-post his latest reports here? I see that the return leg is now being posted on ADVRider.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan1150 View Post
    Is Walter planning to cross-post his latest reports here? I see that the return leg is now being posted on ADVRider.
    I'm not sure (because he is on the road again) but here is the link of the new ride reports just in case.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...533442&page=83

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by peejay View Post
    +1
    +2
    Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Return leg is going to be in bits and pieces ....

I just got to Moscow ... decided to do some maintenance on the bike but have just ran through a couple of glass doors.

Took the swingarm off to repack the swingarm bearings and about 15 needles fell out onto the floor. Hmmm ... Guess I'll need some new parts.

Went to change the fuel filter ... only I cant find the part number anywhere. It doesnt exist officially. Not on BMW fiches, and not on the Mahle site. Its a Mahle KL315 (at least thats whats written on it) but do you think that part exists anywhere in the world? Nope.

And to top it all off, DHL and Fedex had suspended deliveries to Russia. Apparently there is a massive customs backlog and stuff is taking a month to clear customs.

Hmmm ... looks like I'm sat here for a while.

Still managed to do a lot yesterday ... new waterpump / oil pump seals. New front wheel bearings and seals.

On the bright side, the weather is excellent, and some Russian bikers have a 2000km off-road trip planned in 2 weeks time and have invited me along. All I have to do is get my bike sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by everywherevirtually View Post

The second part of the everywhere, virtually in a year. From March 2009 to march 2010 this video captures some of the highlights, the people and the places visited along the way.

Good choice of tune-age ... was going to use that in my clip as well at one point mate.

07875 304772
    Quote Originally Posted by everywherevirtually View Post

Liked that

Road of Bones 2010 video

Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Went to change the fuel filter ... only I cant find the part number anywhere. It doesnt exist officially. Not on BMW fiches, and not on the Mahle site. Its a Mahle KL315 (at least thats whats written on it) but do you think that part exists anywhere in the world? Nope.
    Cole:
    I realize this thread is very very old, but I was wondering if you ever located one of these magical mythical KL315 filters ... ???

I am in America and is seems not to be available anywhere I've called the major wholesale distributors and everything ... no luck ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678