More pics for the far edges of Siberia

3697608198_fd16341b0c.jpg

3697606410_1006f04c6f.jpg

3696810599_825811fecd.jpg

3696810123_352c671434.jpg

3696811825_bffd7172aa.jpg

Hi Walter,

Just read your update on your blog. Great adventure trip :thumb2 :thumb2

Get yourself another battery quickly and as long you can't get one, try sealing the leaking one with plastic and spraying all the gear off with plenty of water as often as possible. That acid is bad medicine :eek

Great images Walter, the Siberia I saw was really growing on me before we headed south to Mongolia and I'm envious of all those whose route allowed more time out there...next time maybe:augie

Thanks Tim ... just reached Magadan ... trying to work out how to get out of here now!
:)

Road of Bones pics

The Russians havent called it the road of bones for decades, but itt seems popular in the west ... so i will stick with the western populist name.

3741158715_c1c0599cee.jpg

3741956546_aaaeabe88b.jpg

3741156093_47638e1479.jpg

3741157225_f99222a983.jpg

3741938868_68b0dc659e.jpg

3741937476_16838bd611.jpg

nice pictures I've so got the horn for Russia....

hmmm perhaps that was something i should'nt have shared in that manner...:blast

You got through the road of bones with no issues like the road been falling into rivers and things in places?
(Ie LWR)

Nice pictures. :)

You got through the road of bones with no issues like the road been falling into rivers and things in places?
(Ie LWR)

Nice pictures. :)

Well the road is constantly evolving ... bits fall into disrepair and older bits become subject to upgrading.. The route that was done in 2004 is impossible now, and the route we took now was impossible in 2004.

The cool thing is a 67 year old from west London accompanied me and did the entire road in 3.5 days ... without hurting his shoulder and climbing on the back of a lorry for half of the road.

We did have 7 flat tyres tho!!

Well the road is constantly evolving ... bits fall into disrepair and older bits become subject to upgrading.. The route that was done in 2004 is impossible now, and the route we took now was impossible in 2004.

The cool thing is a 67 year old from west London accompanied me and did the entire road in 3.5 days ... without hurting his shoulder and climbing on the back of a lorry for half of the road.

We did have 7 flat tyres tho!!

Hah! 67 years young, sounds like :rob. Good on him, that's some motivation to keep my going.. Just shows that boorman is not man enough. :hide

Glad to hear about the road constantly updating, as I my quick skims had led me to believe something different. But talking from the horses mouth, I have to believe you!

Going to start following your story, good luck with it all. Thanks for the response too, :thumb2

Great images Walter, the Siberia I saw was really growing on me before we headed south to Mongolia and I'm envious of all those whose route allowed more time out there...next time maybe:augie

Are you back home now? or Istanbul ??

I have just spent the past few days catching up on your blog Walter and am enjoying your narrative very much. What an epic ride. :thumb2

Happy Birthday for today by the way. :) :beerjug: :beer:

Thanks

Cheers for the good wishes and kind words.

We are in Khabarovsk now, just psyching ourselves up for the next stage ... and doing all the bike maintenance we needed to do since Mirny.

Had some feedback that the website is hard to follow for those reading back up on the project. ... I know its hard set up the way it is for someone just reading the whole lot from the start, but for the regulars who have followed from the start, they need to see the latest post at the front of the pile. So naturally its all in backwards order.

Will edit it all properly and put it all in order once the whole project is done. :aidan

Cole,

When you get home and at your leisure I too would like a full size copy of the picture Digga asked about if at all possible please. I did download the double size one but it's still a bit blurry at 1680 x 1050

I think that's one of the all time great biking pictures :thumb:thumb:thumb

Hi, Cole,

have just returned from Baikal - saw your sticker in Khujir, it's still there :)
Could not help adding one more :)

Attachments

• DSC03123.jpg
    DSC03123.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 597
  • DSC03127.jpg
    DSC03127.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 590
Hi, Cole,

have just returned from Baikal - saw your sticker in Khujir, it's still there :)
Could not help adding one more :)

It wasnt easy getting it up there ... its about 10 feet off the ground that sign!

Hope you struggled as much as I did to 'mark' the sign.! :augie (high jumping in bike boots is not easy!

It wasnt easy getting it up there ... its about 10 feet off the ground that sign!

Hope you struggled as much as I did to 'mark' the sign.! :augie (high jumping in bike boots is not easy!

well, I just lifted the wifey and she put the sticker on :)
Took 15 seconds :) - you know those Russian "asimmetric responce thangy" :)

Attachments

• DSC03125.jpg
    DSC03125.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 531
  • DSC03130.jpg
    DSC03130.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 811
I've got my sticker in hand ready to add it- but I can't find Khujir on the map I scrounged off Timolgra in Tajikistan - in fact it's a 1:8 000 000 scale so there's not a lot of detail and also it shows rail tracks not roads:augie.

I think I might have a few problems.

Back
Top Bottom