Krakow or Wroclaw ?

Krakow definitely.

We were there in October, stayed at the Qubus Hotel, what an amazing hotel, for an amazingly cheap price. The breakfast was excellent, and the waitresses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The city itself is fantastic, we also visited Auschwitz and the salt mines. People very frinedly, most Polish roads are very good, the worst we found were going over the border for the first 20kms, then fine. I am looking to take the wife out there by plane, dont let her on the bike!!!

You must also visit the old jewish part of the town, and ask the hotel staff were to eat, they sent us to some fantastic 'back street, non tourist' eateries.

We go somewhere different on our two week europe tour each year, but that is one place we would definitley go back to.

... for me its wroclaw every time krakow is nice and interesting, but wroclaw's ... has some really interesting sights like the hundred year hall and the Olympic stadium from Hitler's Olympics.
Sorry, you've lost me. :nenau

Berlin hosted the 1936 Olympic games in 1936 - now that really is an impressive stadium BTW. Japan hosted them in 1940 and London hosted them in 1944.

Hi,
i am travelling by train to krakow from wroclaw but then again all my journeys in Poland will be done via PKP lol

Sorry to be a Pedant, But:

Out of both cities i would say Krakow. But if you really want to see Poland go into the Tatra mountains.

Surely you mean: "If you want to really see the Tatra Mountains, go to Poland."

This would be correct because they are breathtaking.

Mostly in Slovakia, though, & best viewed from Poland! - As I recall!

But, Agreed, they are not to be missed either way.
Myke.

Auschwitz was definitely worth seeing, big:thumb2!
We only had an hour there and it wasn't enough, Birkenau was closing when we got there so we literally popped our heads in for a minute. It's on our list of places to go back to.

The roads in Lithuania are much worse than Poland and the lorry drivers are homicidal:eek:

Fcuking nutters!

If you are heading all the way to Talinn, try stop off in Parnu, southern Estonia, there's a bikers bar there that does great food! Friendly folk there too, it's an interesting bar. Alexanders is the name if my memory serves me right:thumb2

Enjoy your trip!

Sorry, you've lost me. :nenau

Berlin hosted the 1936 Olympic games in 1936 - now that really is an impressive stadium BTW. Japan hosted them in 1940 and London hosted them in 1944.

The olympic games in 1940 and 1944 were abandoned due to the WW11

London hosted the games in 1948

The olympic games in 1940 and 1944 were abandoned due to the WW11. London hosted the games in 1948
Bloody hell, you're right. The site I found gave me duff information. I googled the 1940 and 1944 dates because I knew the 1936 Games were in Berlin not Poland. Perhaps Japan was due to host the 1940 games before they were scrapped. :nenau

Auschwitz was definitely worth seeing, :thumb2 We only had an hour there and it wasn't enough ...
A whole hour? :eek I spent the whole day in Auschwitz / Birkenau and even then, we didn't see all of it. You need to allocate a full day to do it justice. :(

Bloody hell, you're right. The site I found gave me duff information. I googled the 1940 and 1944 dates because I knew the 1936 Games were in Berlin not Poland. Perhaps Japan was due to host the 1940 games before they were scrapped. :nenau

A whole hour? :eek I spent the whole day in Auschwitz / Birkenau and even then, we didn't see all of it. You need to allocate a full day to do it justice. :(

The games were not held in 1940 either. Japan was stripped of its eligibility to host the games

Back
Top Bottom