Rideout: 21st March Bimble & Trails (Sat)

Snoopy

Reaction score
Will start at 10.30 at the Newcastle Airport roundabout layby. From there it'll be heading over to Jedbough however before reaching said destination there is a Snoopy Surprise in store...

Part 1 starts with a little ford and a long easy bimble on some lovely countryside backroads (6th gear @ 2k rpm style).

Part 2 is some easy offroad on some public right-of-way trails I found. This is not even remotely difficult and I did it today with panniers, knackered rear shock (no damp/rebound) and bald tyres. I sat down the whole way and didn't come off. Thus will be ideal for newbees and lesser able bikes such as the 1100GS ;).

The offroading starts with a fantastic ford I found, a real beauty that I'm naming "The Dunk", reason for which will become obvious when you do it. It's totally stone free but you will get your feet wet.

Part 3, for those up for it, is the last leg of the offroad is a little more difficult. Those that dont want to do this part simple turn right at that point on the main road and meet at the cafe.

Will end at the Jedbrough cafe, the one next to the petrol station, where we can eat and dry out our sodden boots. Estimated end time 3PM.

Who's in? :thumb2

The bimble section looks like this...

P3150245.JPG

and the offroading looks mostly like this...

P3150248.JPG

:thumb2

V.Tempting, Although i expect i should probably do a shorter shakedown run. Guess that makes me a maybe:confused:

V.Tempting, Although i expect i should probably do a shorter shakedown run. Guess that makes me a maybe:confused:

All the way from redcar, cool :thumb2. Stu are you the guy I met in Hertsfordshire back when I had my 1150?

The rest of you Northerners are sodding pussys.

One mention of a little offroad and they all hide. Fecking long way round wannabes. :rolleyes:

One mention of a little offroad and they all hide. Fecking long way round wannabes. :rolleyes:

maybe no one wanted to get their socks wet fishing you out of the puddle you're obviously gonna try and drown yourself in .....:nenau

.....:D

Hey Garfield you're pretty close ... gunna chance it? :comfort

Chris ... take it you're in then? :thumb2

I see Morty with his go-anywhere 1100 is very quiet. The pussy! :green gri

Gentlemen may I nominate Snoo... er AC1200 for The UKGSer Northern Section Henry Kissinger Award for promoting peace and harmony?

:aidan

PS: Happy St.Mickerick's day Northern Types :beer:

Gentlemen may I nominate Snoo... er AC1200 for The UKGSer Northern Section Henry Kissinger Award for promoting peace and harmony?

PS: Happy St.Mickerick's day Northern Types :beer:

While you're doing that, I'll ring the Air Ambulance and get them prepared for what will be known forever in the annals of helicopter rescue as BLACK SATURDAY :blast:augie

:p

I'm afraid it's quite easy offroading. Even you should manage it. ;)

I would go if i had a bike.................or a helmet..................or a jacket............or some gloves................or even a back without broken bones:(:(:(

Hospital incinirated my clothing:drool:drool:drool

Have a good day though.

Will start at 10.30 at the Newcastle Airport roundabout layby. From there it'll be heading over to Jedbough however before reaching said destination there is a Snoopy Surprise in store...
Is that Dickhead back?

We can't all be he-men:rolleyes:

I see Morty with his go-anywhere 1100 is very quiet. The pussy! :green gri

Actually I've been away working away (it's what some adults do) as it happens the last time I followed you and those fecking stupid panniers we got stuck behind a car for miles because you couldn't fit through the gap. The rest of the group thought we had taken another route:blast

Enjoy your day:comfort

Is that Dickhead back?

We can't all be he-men:rolleyes:

Actually I've been away working away (it's what some adults do) as it happens the last time I followed you and those fecking stupid panniers we got stuck behind a car for miles because you couldn't fit through the gap. The rest of the group thought we had taken another route:blast

Enjoy your day:comfort

I think that's a "maybe" then, Andy....

:p

I'm afraid it's quite easy offroading. Even you should manage it. ;)

Before I came out of the forest I spotted a small bridge over a stream. The stream looked passable by motorcycle. Actually it looked very similar to the one that Fanum bottled in a recent video posting. I saw the chance for a piss-take and to claim the title of king of fords.

http://www.igaro.com/misc/moroc2/101_0064.avi (long)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iaYnxBvHCJU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iaYnxBvHCJU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The crossing did not go as planned and I couldn't get enough speed to get up the embankment. I kept skidding back down and falling over. Luckily the camera ran out of storage space after the first attempt. It was pitch black now and all I could hear was the wildlife around me and the trickling water from the stream. I was determined to get the bike up without removing any gear.
:blast

I'm sure those that decide to join you will do just fine..:)

Back
Top Bottom