mooses

Deleted account D

any tips on fitting them?

what do you use to seal the valve hole ?

any tips on fitting them?

what do you use to seal the valve hole ?

Mate

Sealing the valve hole will be the least of your problems.:augie Just catching a fecker will be tough enough and then keep it still long enough to fit it will take some doing way beyond the great and good on this site. And as for the antlers....:thumb

Stick with something more manageable like a small deer.......

Patience, and a mousse board if you have rim locks. Otherwise you will need an extra pair of hands. 4 good quality tyre levers, a nice clean dry workshop with plenty of room. Plasters, kitchen roll/clean rags.
You need to be able to hold the bead down in the well of the rim while you lever the last bit of the bead on opposite to it. A tyre changing rig like the UFO one that I have makes it simple, a pair of vise grips on the rim is supposed to help, but I've never tried that. They can be a grade one bast**d to fit, but with the right tools and attitude they get easier. If you put an old valve stem through the hole, with a circle of tube a couple of inches across left on it, you can use it to blast some air in to seat the bead, and it fills the hole nicely. Try a front first to see how you get on.
Good luck. :thumb
Mark

Wot earthmover said, well put!!
Domn't rush it 'till you get the hang of it. More than one person i know has broken a bead by trying to force the tyre on. Small bites with the levers and use the moose bead holders to keep the tyre in the well.
Have fun:thumb

Back
Top Bottom