Bike Insurance

Here we are 1 year later, renewal was £147, this site £114 with lower excess:clap

bike insurance

135 pounds fully comp no claims protected 1200gs plus my old fireblade
jobs a gooden

web site is rubbish it will not accept the date of my passing my test.

Renewal came in from Hastings Direct. £108.21 (comprehensive, protected, £250 compulsory excess, no voluntary), + £6.49 tax + £5.00 'arrangement and administration fee' = £119.70. Not bad I thought.

On a whim I stuck my details into the MCN comparison site. Best quote, inclusive of tax, £104.31, with, yes you guessed it - Hastings Direct!

I have now withdrawn my business from Hastings and taken out a cheaper policy with ........ Hastings. £15 is £15! :D

Just saved £121.20 on my renewal (fully comp on a K1300S) by using the site! :beerjug:
BMW wanted £319.22
AA wanted £198.02
Legal cover included and pretty similar excess :)

The cheapest quote was £168.82 but that had quite a hefty excess on it.

Last edited:
Wicked insurance for customer service every time.
Just changed my insurance for the gsa, charged £10 admin . Always on the ball and very helpful . Go on the comparison site before renewal tell them my best price :rolleyes: and normally they match it, saves all the carry on of sending proof on no claims etc.
Gan canny, Stu

Insurance

Just used this site to insure my Husqvarna te410e,zero no claims becaused its used on my bmw policy. best quote was £205 comp or £180 tpft, tried this site and best price £112 comp or £85 tpft, actually bennets gave a slightly cheaper quote through this site but when I mentioned renthal bare and lowered suspension:eek: , I was told no way would there underwriters cover these mods. But the best thing is the policy I took out was underwritten by the same company, what are Bennetts playing at ?

Prices seem very good initially, for me (49 with 3 years NCB and 3 years on a UK licence) ranging from 105.00 to 180.00 however, I can't see any facility to add breakdown cover until you actually select a insurer and the price goes as additions like overseas travel/biker gear/breakdown cover add up.

As Carole Nash have quoted me 184.00 which includes overseas/breakdown/biking gear/2nd bike, thats who I'll be going with at the month end.:thumb2

Never had any joy even getting a quote don't seem to like the fact I want 2 bike on one policy! They transferred me directly to CN

I find Carole Nash rip of merchants, up to50 pounds for any policy change although to be "fair" they only charge 30 pounds for any change, took a personal plate off my bike and called to change the reg number that will be 30 pounds admin charge sir, took a bike off that will be 30 pounds admin charge sir. They are not biker friendly and I will never go with them again, oh its in our terms and conditions sir. well my terms and conditions are don't rip me off 30 quid for 2 mins work!! ebike from now on never had any admin charge there. good bye carole nash. Watch out if you frequently change bikes as the admin charges can add up to more than the original policy.

Just used this site

I've just had a 3 year and one month break from biking. So now I have ZERO NCB. Which is annoying. So my quotes have not been so good.

Carole Nash - £645 (with introductory 1 year NCB)
Swinton - £4612 (yes that is 4 thousand)

This link got me £503. Result.

UPDATE: Went back to Carole Nash, they then provided me with a bespoke policy, with all the breakdown, legal cover etc for £495, which for me is just a stonking deal ! As the £503 quotation had none of this stuff.

Last edited:
Bennetts today... R1150GSA, 10 thousand miles a year, 5 years NCB in Newcastle NE3, Fully Comp..... £110-03.... Can't get vexed at that !!!:thumb

Been with Carole Nash for 15 yrs plus, last year £240 fully comp for my 2011 gsa, 1992 xr250 and agreed value on my 1982 gsx1100 katana.
This year £320, got quotes online from Bennets, E Bike and Carole Nash all of £260 ish.
Rang up and miraculously my premium was recalculated to £260.09.
Talk about taking the proverbial, they've never been the same since Carole sold out to the French.
Best excuse was that online is cheaper as there is no admin involved, as I pointed out there is absolutely no changes in circumstances etc so how can they charge £60 to send out 4 bits of computer generated forms

Back
Top Bottom