The next East Anglia day out

Turns out Cormick is not quite so gay as I thought, and looked very nice without his moustache.
Very nice to meet you Jason - see you at the next rideout.
Hope you made it back from TT safely -was a lovely day and good riding weather, which is more than could be said of the Saturday -bloody wet and cold. Must have been around -3 on Sat night -ice on the tent in the morning.

WTF “not quite so gay”??? I could never be gay i’m a coward and cant stand pain!:eek: Good to meet you & Dave too Roger :thumb

A cracking weekend enjoyed it very much the highlight being standing in the sleet/rain at 2:30 in the morning in my underpants and boots trying to peg my tarp back down :tears
Still the old Tour-A-Tits did a good job of trying to keep it together :thumb2 and met a load of top (heterosexual) geezers
Got talking to Plumby on Sunday and thats it for this year so i guess Hograost will be the next big meet:nenau
A great ride back on Sunday, :thumb2:thumb2 could of done with Monday off though a tad tired when i got home:)

Good Coffee

Hi, good coffee stop if you are up in the area is Bircham Windmill, 10 mins from Hunstanton, www.birchamwindmill.co.uk . PE31 6SJ. Also great bread and scones. If you let me know where you are all meeting I can maybe help organise a route round Norfolk from your south coffee stop. Cheers.:thumb2

When is the hogroast Mr notquitesogay? :nenau

WTF “not quite so gay”??? I could never be gay i’m a coward and cant stand pain!:eek: Good to meet you & Dave too Roger :thumb

A cracking weekend enjoyed it very much the highlight being standing in the sleet/rain at 2:30 in the morning in my underpants and boots trying to peg my tarp back down :tears
Still the old Tour-A-Tits did a good job of trying to keep it together :thumb2 and met a load of top (heterosexual) geezers
Got talking to Plumby on Sunday and thats it for this year so i guess Hograost will be the next big meet:nenau
A great ride back on Sunday, :thumb2:thumb2 could of done with Monday off though a tad tired when i got home:)

It looks like I am going to be "without GS" for this run as I am selling the airhead and looking to part-ex the Strom for a 1200 GS / GSA.

I am not sure it is good form for a Strom to lead on a GS run, but I am happy to finalise the meet times etc over the next few days on here and participate on the day if that is ok with you guys?

I led a run for the Pipe'n'Slippers Club last year on the Strom and they did not seem to bothered but I know GSers are a sensitive bunch. :augie

On a positive note, I should have my next GS within a month or so as I am pretty impulsive. :thumb

It looks like I am going to be "without GS" for this run as I am selling the airhead and looking to part-ex the Strom for a 1200 GS / GSA.

I am not sure it is good form for a Strom to lead on a GS run, but I am happy to finalise the meet times etc over the next few days on here and participate on the day if that is ok with you guys?

I led a run for the Pipe'n'Slippers Club last year on the Strom and they did not seem to bothered but I know GSers are a sensitive bunch. :augie

On a positive note, I should have my next GS within a month or so as I am pretty impulsive. :thumb
i personally couldnt give a monkeys what you ride mate:thumb

mind you it would be funny if you led us on a monkey bike:augie:D:D:D:D

OK folks. This is my first stab at timings / locations for the ride-out:

9:30 meet at Wally's at Acton for brekkie (basic but reasonable).
10:00 Leave Wally's for a trip through the lanes toward Thetford.
10:30 Quick stop-off at Tesco, Bury St Edmunds (if anyone wants to meet there).
11:00 (earlier if nobody wants to be picked up at Bury) arrive at McDonalds Thetford to meet the locals who have all had their brekkie. Tea and wee stop, then off to the coast for fish'n'chips.

Any sensible comments welcome. Apologies if it seems regimented, but we need to be prompt and consider the Norfolk posse waiting for us and also getting to the coast for lunch.

If people can confirm where they will meet the group we can look out for you on the day. I will be there, rain or shine.

Matt :thumb

OK folks. This is my first stab at timings / locations for the ride-out:

9:30 meet at Wally's at Acton for brekkie (basic but reasonable).
10:00 Leave Wally's for a trip through the lanes toward Thetford.
10:30 Quick stop-off at Tesco, Bury St Edmunds (if anyone wants to meet there).
11:00 (earlier if nobody wants to be picked up at Bury) arrive at McDonalds Thetford to meet the locals who have all had their brekkie. Tea and wee stop, then off to the coast for fish'n'chips.

Any sensible comments welcome. Apologies if it seems regimented, but we need to be prompt and consider the Norfolk posse waiting for us and also getting to the coast for lunch.

If people can confirm where they will meet the group we can look out for you on the day. I will be there, rain or shine.

Matt :thumb

I will join in at McDonalds Thetford; hopefully.

When is this rideout?

Not sure I'll be able to make it, but will try to make some in future.

When is this rideout?

Not sure I'll be able to make it, but will try to make some in future.

I believe it is Sunday 19th April 2009.

But, hopefully, stand to be corrected as I can't make that date :(

Hi folks,

Following the success of the last day out, how about another? I am currently free on Sunday 19 April and I think the Essex contingent should head up to Norfolk for an away fixture with our chums up there.

Anyone up for it? We can sort the route etc as we go, but it would be good to get it in diaries now. All we need are some suggested destinations and some tame locals to guide us around up there.

Cheers,

Matt

Always pays to go back to the start and have a look!

Hmmm.....

Not sure whether I'll be able to make that then. I only pick up the bike on Wednesday and need to run it in.

Hmmm.....

Not sure whether I'll be able to make that then. I only pick up the bike on Wednesday and need to run it in.

The run will be on mixed roads at a fairly sane pace, so should be ideal for running a bike in. :thumb

I aim to be there as well, that's the original Roger from Cambridge thank you very much.
Chad -I'll be looking at your rear rack ...oooh !

The run will be on mixed roads at a fairly sane pace, so should be ideal for running a bike in. :thumb

ahhhh WillB you have finally surcomed to the blue propeller..good man:thumb

monty where would like like the essex posse to meet up for a concerted charge at the borders:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom