Post Your Zumo 660 Best Price here

Pentagon GPS

Ebbo,

When I actually attempted to oder through this outfit, the site would not even acknowledge that they stocked the 660 - google search and price seems to be one thing, actually closing the deal at the 'advertised' price seems to be a different kettle of fish...

660 now on premises from MNC, as previously mentioned; now need to free up garage time to fit + wire it in!

Question to all reading - what's the best/most effective 'in helmet' communication system for these beasties?

All the best,

Mike

SatNavEasy price

I am in the market for a new Zumo 660 and have noticed a few people have purchased from SatNavEasy.co.uk. They are currently selling the 660 for £364.25 inc VAT which is about £40 cheaper than anyone else, however, this is not a brand new item and has been labeled as 'NOH' (newly overhauled). This also has the following description on the web site: "This Product is a Garmin remanufactured white boxed product. Full 12 Months warranty and in 'as new' condition". The nice people at SatNavEasy.co.uk have told me that, as far as they are aware, the unit has been supplied to them after Garmin have updated the maps on some units. They couldn't tell me whether Garmin have had to make any other alterations or repairs to these particular units. They offer the same 1 year guarantee. I am guessing but I imagine that they don't come in their original box either.
Has anyone bought one of these 'remanufactured' units and if so, have you had any trouble with it? I am a little concerned that, as this is in essence a non-new item that it could cause problems later, but the £40 saving can't be sniffed at either.
Chris

FWIW I bought a white box zumo 550 and had no issues whatsover.
White box status would not cause me any issues in the future,

'Remanufactured' means it's a return item.
ie, someone has bought a new GPS, had a problem and availed themselves of Garmin's wonderful after sales service. In my (extensive :augie) experience this entails returning 'just the unit' and receiving a fully accessorised 'new' or 'recently overhauled' unit by return (with your Garmin account updated as necessary with serial number)

Any excess returns they have (when customers demand refund?) they overhaul then pass on to 3rd party vendors. The 'white box' status probably means, like you suggest, that it doesn't have original box for above reason.

This is purely speculative.

Chaps - I'm over in the UK in 3 weeks time to escape the WC2010 madness. Looking for a couple of ZUMO 660's to bring back for my mates.

Normally I buy from Handtec.... only problem is that I cannot get a VAT-407 form any longer unless I personally collect the unit........... and £60 quid per unit is quite a bit of drinking money!

Handtec's price is £339.90 exc VAT or £399.38

anyone know if there's shop/distributor near to Bromley or Orpington area in Kent that I could waltz in and get one......... or otherwise take the train into London.... maybe Tottenham Court Road maybe...?

Ordered the 660 11am Thursday, and arrived at 1.30pm Friday. Constant communication and tracked all the way.

Now that's what I call good service!

Mike

Ordered the 660 11am Thursday, and arrived at 1.30pm Friday. Constant communication and tracked all the way.

Now that's what I call good service!

Mike

Mike would be interesting to know what firmware version it has on... if not latest.. do NOT update it!

GPS

Reading your messages, I went to pentagone just ordered my 660,:) thanks guys.Let you know when it arrives.

Bill

Also £399.00 from save4 via flea bay but took a friggin week to come and would prob still be waiting if I had not called the bunch of muppets. Hope nothing goes wrong because they do not inspire confidence when you talk to their after-sale team.
They are trying the lost in post line on me but having spoke to another guy in their after-sales gang I am less than convinced to say the least.:mad:
Perhaps I am just unlucky :augie

Back
Top Bottom