So what's this Halvarssons stuff like, then?

Interested in getting one of their 2 peice textile suits.

Is it the case that you buy an outer for waterproofing and an inner for protection?

If my understanding is right does that mean you can just change the outer when it eventuallty wears out and not ned to replace the inner jacket all the time - or have summer an dwinter outer jackets over the same inner?

Any idea who is the nearest dealer to Bath? I don't mind spending the money but want to see the kit first.

Thanks,
Mark

link to UK Dealer's
http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/retailers.php?lang=2

The inner & outer seperates only applies to their Safety range

I've got several bit's of their kit and I'm happy with it, it does what it says on the tin!
My Zen pants also passed the 70mph tarmac surfing test :blast

My ladies textile pheonix jacket, and Lincoln gloves are great.

Rode through Norge, Denmark and Germany, 4 days of torrential rain, and the jacket- not a drop got through, and no soggy cuffs.

Good points: Waterproof, fitted (make me look more womanly, rather than a michelin) zips seem tough, not bulky- has outlast in it- keeps me warm in cold, cool in the warm, only up to 30c ish though

Bad points- collar to high, needs popper or velcro to pin flappy bit back. Collar chokes me if I have it done up with a nice wooly scarf on.

Gloves- Good: leather is very thin and very supple, depsite this they are suprisingly warm, although I do resort to muffs and heated grips in the winter.

Bad: they are meant to be waterproof, but because the cuff is short on them, the water did get in, and after 4 days, they did eventually get past the point of no return, but I can do whole days in them without leakage. When my hands are damp or hot and sticky, they can be a bitch to put on.

I am about to buy a back protector for my jacket and some lindstrands trousers for my Vietnam trip.

Had an off in the kit, at 20mph onto roundabout, and not a scuff on anything

Anyone using the latest Halvarssons gear?

I am considering the Amazonas / Panzar / Prime stuff, looks similar in spec / performance to Rukka kit that costs almost twice as much.

Just bought the Prime trousers. I don't know about water proofing yet but they seem not as warm as I thought they would be.
Best thing for me is they do extra long sizes so at last I have trousers that fit.

I would also suggest a visit to Skins in Brackley, Tony knows his stuff and ensured I bought the correct size jacket,(he pointed out that my old jacket would have been next to useless in an off as it was too large and the armour would have moved from where it should be) can't remember what style maybe prime ? No complaints so far.

I don't know about water proofing yet but they seem not as warm as I thought they would be.
Best thing for me is they do extra long sizes so at last I have trousers that fit.

Thanks Guys, the long trousers may work for me, and especially the Mrs as most motorcycle clothing companies think no women is over 5'6 tall.

Cooler is good for me, my HG Shelltex stuff is great most the time in the UK, but much over 20c can be a bit warm, something more breathable is a good thing, and I am hoping the Halvarssons Dryway+ laminated membrane is similar in performance to the Gore-Tex stuff - but I am sure it will beat my 4 year old cheap(ish) Shelltex suit.

Another concern is crash protection, or lack of it, I understand non enforced textile material can wear through in well under a second in crash (CE) Tests, Halvarssons seem to come up trumps here with their Hi-ART material which is better than Kevlar and will slide 20 times as far as my gear before wearing through.

I have spoken to Tony at Skins and will be going along to see them, should be able to kit out me in their top end kit and the Mrs in some mid line gear for less than the cost of a mid range Rukka.

I had the amazon jacket for a few years, all good and liked the removable liners, hi viz gilet and neck collar (very useful to be able to remove in summer). Vents were not brilliant but I have found they never are on 3/4 season jackets, so I buy a cheap mesh jacket for the warm days.

because the waterproofing was in one of the liners the jacket would get soggy on the outer, it never really came through but the whole thing got heavy some days! In the winter I bought a cheap builders fluro bomber to wear as an oversuit to keep the rain off as I didn't have time to be drying kit as a daily rider

Only gripe is that the jacket inner collar Velcro got very un grippy quite quickly, fitted a press stud in the end.

would certainly buy again and I rate them with mid priced stuff like Furygan, another quality make.

Vents were not brilliant but I have found they never are on 3/4 season jackets.....

....because the waterproofing was in one of the liners the jacket would get soggy on the outer.

Latest kit has laminated layer like the Goretex Pro-Shell so no more getting soggy / heavy, I have been led to believe these bonded membranes are also a bit better for venting - and therefore a bit cooler when it is cold, but that suits me as I can add layers or buy a winter jacket.

Where else:
Home
Forum
Technical & Rider
Equipment & Toys
Clothing & Protective Gear
Halvarssons clothing

Bought a load of gear for both of us from Skins.

I go the top of the range clobber with laminated membrane (Like Gore-Tex Pro-shell) and Outalst liner. The Mrs kit was just a notch down from the top (drop liner) but also has Outlast.

I found the fit was very good, we had tried Alpine Stars, Dainese and Rukka last weekend. and the Mrs has found a ladies jacket that seems to really be made for ladies, by far the best fitting jacket she has ever tried. It also looks and feels very well made.

Cost wise we were both kitted out for about the same cost as a mid range Rukka suit for me.

Just ordered Prime jacket and trousers from Skins, no chance of trying anything my size as they only stock std sizes. Scary idea ordering without trying a single item on:eek: and if it doesn't fit Tony's stuck with it in stock as apparently he has to buy them in, not SOR!!

Does anyone know if any of their other dealers carry better stocks/larger sizes? Might ring Hideout on Tuesday morning to see if the Girls have anything bigger.

brandedbiker.co.uk (J&B Motorcycles) have them in stock. I visited their showroom in Boston Lincs which whilst small has a lot of Halvarssons clothing. They are a great little shop and very helpful. Sadly the Prime jacket and Prince trousers didn't fit me.

Cheers Bear, I'll give them a ring in the morning, if they're open on a bank holiday!! See what large sizes they have.
Think I'll put Tony on hold at Brackley.

Tried Brandedbiker yesterday, but as to be expected they were shut, but I also tried MCALeicester who were not only open, but had an open day going on too. They also had some larger sizes in stock, so we dragged the 850 out and planned an interesting route up to Leicester.
The main guy there was really helpfull, and it proved the size Skins were going to order is too small, so I can go back and order the next one up. Same with the trousers.
Can certainly recomend MCA for their stock levels, they had a much better selection.

They also had Tom Sykes, James Ellison and Jamie Whitham there for the day. Turned out as a nice day out, even if it was in Leicester:eek:

Sorry, I forgot about MCA. I went there after visiting brandedbiker and found them helpful. Tiny little shop isn't it.

So I've just got back from collecting my new jacket and trousers from Tony at Skins in Brackley. Both fit lovely, just need the arms shortened a little, but that can wait till I'm back from a Scotland trip in a couple of weeks. Got soaked in my old kit riding over, almost felt wrong sticking the new stuff over wet Tshirt and boxers :mad:
Happy dayz:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom