So what's this Halvarssons stuff like, then?

I've the Safety stuff and I can't fault it. 2 years of daily use and it's still waterproof.

It's not 'mid priced' though.

halvarssons

Any good? Seems like good stuff, mid-priced, waterproof & warm? Anyone use it?

I have some halvarssons trousers,jacket and gloves. I think the quality is very good and so far it has remained waterproof (about 2 years). the fit is better than Hein gericke (imho) the only thing I don't like is the lack of reflective patches/piping. If you were closer to me you could try it!

Bought a pair of summer gloves from Skins of Brackley & took them back in this week with a split thumb seam & got them replaced FOC with some off the shelf with ni hesitation. Top job!:clap

Seems quality stuff hanging on the shelves, and just wondered if anyone else uses it.

The safety stuff looks a good idea, but with the weather over here I'd need about three outers in a day!

I tried on their goretex trousers, I didn't like them. Quite a struggle to get into them, I went to Bykebitz at Yately about 50 miles from where I live. Dissappointed to find the shop was so small, and the range of sizes equally as small. Service wasn't up to much either, maybe I turned up on a bad day, but the shop wasn't crowded.

I really wanted to like their stuff, the catalogue is very impressive, and they seem to make a real attempt to make safety bike kit. Just a shame about the lack of sizing to suit me.

CE approved level 11 Safety Suit

Just coming to the end of my first winter using this suit , together with the "Halogen" outer -

Pros : -
well made , all day comfortable , excellent protection , very warm , effective venting system that comes in handy on even the coldest of days , you decide how warm you want to be , water seems to run off with no soaking of the outer layers top or bottom , with the Halogen outer traffic seems to "move aside smartish" almost as if they think a police officer is in the locality , and excellent service from Graham @ GLF Accessories - http://www.glfaccessories.com/upload/index.php?page=0&act=viewCat&catId=4

Cons : -
expensive , although comparable in price to similar quality leather suits , heavy to lug about but is O.K. once you've put it on , it can take time for the factory to get specific orders to you all the way from Sweden , with such a protective suit in your armoury you'd feel a complete turnip if you suffered an off while wearing a lesser outfit !

All in all I'm chuffed with the Halvarssons and I'm looking forward to seeing how it copes with a summer in Yorkshire - who knows I might even have to spring for a "Mesh" outer if we get the summer we are due .

All the best , Jim .

<Gloat mode on>

My company :augie just bought me a complete set. Safety level 1 winter and summer over jackets and trousers (natty yellow with some polite writing on the back). Boots gloves Shoei Hornet Ds hat, list of rules-Doh!

<Gloat mode off>

Get to ride the company DRZ400:D

.... who knows I might even have to spring for a "Mesh" outer if we get the summer we are due .

Get the Mesh outer and the trousers ones too. It's a very warm suit and I boil in slow moving traffic in Summer.

I have had my safety suit for over a year now and am still pleased with it now as the day I bought it. I bought the full mesh and the partialy vented outer jacket together with the full winter waterproof outer, and their own back protector. It is heavy, as heavy as a decent leather jacket with the same amount of armour.

I picked mine up from John Harris M/C's in Sussex he was good and we struck up a deal. This kit is ideal for a bike like the GS and I used mine through scorching weather right across Europe last June, only used the mesh cover and I was the one who was easily the least hot. As soon as you moved it was bliss! :D

Once on you don't even notice the weight and it seems to mould around you and gives a level of security that no other textile jacket can. However, on my GSXR I find a leather jacker slightly better as it is a more extreme riding position. But apart from my leather jacket all of the rest of my textile gear has now been sold, I just did not need it.

I had to buy mine myself as my 'company' would not supply it as they did not win the tender! We got a cheap pile of tat instead:blast

JH

I've got ...

... their (now discontinued) Amazon jacket and Cobra trousers. Very well made kit, good price, waterproof without the liner (which is 'phase change'), and you don't look like a 'Twat' :augie

Only gripe would be the back protector is an extra and my trousers leaked after 8 months; however they changed them without a quibble and new ones are fine.

Search for Halvarssons on here for more info :thumb2

I have used their "Linstrands" jacket for the last year and it's an excellent piece of kit, no complaints at all.

Korax jkt,Cobra trews, winter gloves , summer gloves, tour boots and a neck tube ... i like Halvarssons :D:thumb2

<Gloat mode on>

My company :augie just bought me a complete set. Safety level 1 winter and summer over jackets and trousers (natty yellow with some polite writing on the back). Boots gloves Shoei Hornet Ds hat, list of rules-Doh!

<Gloat mode off>

Get to ride the company DRZ400:D

Don't you guys use BKS leathers?

I've got the textile safety trousers from the Met as a special order cos of my messed up knee. I was so impressed I bought the jacket to go with it for my own use. I am well impressed with the quality. SWMBO bought the leather safety trousers for crimbo. Its all top kit and should last years.

I purchased both the Medusa jacket, Cobra trousers and Champ boots earlier this year from Skins Cafe in Brackley. Tony who runs the place is very enthusiastic about what he sells and was adamant, before I purchased, that he would stand by the product if there were any issues.

Before I even really got to use the stuff properly a small zip on an inside pocket on the jacket failed to close the pocket every time I tried to zip it up. No problem, the jacket was replaced with a brand new one off the shelf.

I then embarked on a 5 week trip to Morocco. Amazingly it didn't rain all the time I was away and I was unable to test the waterproof qualities of the gear. However, on return to the UK I got a right soaking and both the jacket AND trousers leaked within an hour. I went back to Tony at Skins and discretely showed him the problems. Again, no problems. I was given a choice, a full refund or replacement with brand new 2009 model gear off the peg (Zen trousers and Mayham jacket), no cost to me. I need the gear so chose the replacements.

I've not had chance to fully test the waterproof qualities of this latest stuff. I would say that Tony was true to his word and stood by what he sells and replaced faulty product without question. Great customer service in my view.

So for me the Jury is stilll out regarding the gear but a big thumbs up re the customer service :thumb2

Steve

PS Once broken in the boots have been faultless :)

Can't remember what model I've got, but it's got loads of zips up and down the arms and the side that let lots of air in to keep you cool. Didn't seem to mind scraping against rocks and stuff on numerous occasions thanks to my prodigious off-road skills...:rolleyes:

_MG_6410.jpg

Good for me

I got a Medusa Jacket which was OK, but it started leaking through the vents after a while.

It had just been under the year, I took it back to the shop and, because they did not have any spares of the same size they offered me to wait a couple of months and get the new model in. They honoured their word without a problem. No questions asked. Now I have a Mayham jacket. I also own a pair of summer waterproof gloves which seem to do the trick for a very reasonable price (around £40).

That was at bykebitz, Yateley. Agreed, small shop and not lots of room for stock but first-class customer service.

GLF in Flitwick also stock them and they sing their praise.

Now I'm planning on getting a pair of Zen pants to replace some rev-it's that leak like there's no tomorrow (though, to be fair, I've had them for three years and worn them almost daily).

I was looking for a pair of the "waterproof" leather strides but, nothing in big sizes anywhere I can find, and nothing more being made until the new range later in the year which is more than a bit of a pain.
So I am off to try the zens, when the dealers get them in stock.
Anybody know what the sizing is like?

Sizing is strange ,went last weekend to Custom Lids at Newcastle to get a pair of trousers either the Zen or the Cobra ones.
Usually take a 34" waist (european 52). On one pair they were huge around the thighs and waist but tight on the calfs( Zen) , on the older design Cobra they fitted fine on the waist and thighs but the 32" inside leg version had the knee armour below my knees halfway down my calfs. Tried a short leg euro 52 and the armour was still too low.
Ended up getting a pair of Rukka ones for £300 (ouch), but at least they fitted straight off

Interested in getting one of their 2 peice textile suits.

Is it the case that you buy an outer for waterproofing and an inner for protection?

If my understanding is right does that mean you can just change the outer when it eventuallty wears out and not ned to replace the inner jacket all the time - or have summer an dwinter outer jackets over the same inner?

Any idea who is the nearest dealer to Bath? I don't mind spending the money but want to see the kit first.

Thanks,
Mark

Back
Top Bottom