3M Scotchlite reflective sheeting?

• Thread starter Deleted account W
  • Start date
I've looked at a lot of websites recently looking for a database of speed cameras that could be used as a POI or WP database for my SPIII, and in the searching i got side-tracked onto some of the 'dodgy numberplate' type sites, as well as some of the fairly respectable sites that eview their performance....

To sum up all the things I've seen, there doesn't appear to be any workable and non-nickable number plate reflective film scam that either works or isn't obvious.....at best they're scams and don't work but will cost you a tank of petrol, and at worst they leave you open to all sorts of C&U offence fines or even worse, conspiracy to pervy the course of justice offences....

Mind you, having seen the percentage of us who have zero points on that recent poll, and still who presumably enjoy what we're doing, I think we all know how to play 'the game' and how to avoid getting into trouble or being dangerous.......

;)

Ok, I've talked to my man today, and basically, any colour reflective stuff is going to work out the same price per A4 sheet. There is some cheap and nasty stuff doing the rounds at the moment, that isn't worth sticking on anything, so be careful when you're buying. This is all 3M super dooper stuff he's got, and the rep is calling tomorrow, so he's going to get "a very competitive price" for us (read beer tokens:beerjug: ) I'll see him on Friday, so I'll get a final list of colours and price for an A4 sheet then. Was £12.99 a sheet the price someone was selling it for, if so, they're about to get it stuffed up 'em good and proper:D

Link to UK reflective Tape

Please find a link HERE to world of reflective tapes for almost every requirement ;) ;) ;)

i wouldn't be seen dead using reflective

blinded by the light!!!

Attachments

• gaints causeway 020_edited.jpg
    gaints causeway 020_edited.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 390
Re: Legality

oblertone said:
As a 'tame plod' I would have to say that I think Adrian is right in that this may fall foul of the 'White Light to the rear' rule, but it would be worth an argument in court as you would be reflecting, not generating the light.

I will post this thread to a friend who is a rat skipper and ask for a ruling, however I can say that 99% of my colleagues would not give you a ticket for this, unless of course you pizzed them off.

In any case you would be entitled to take part in the Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme (VDRS), which means 'Get it fixed and verified at an MoT centre'.

Just a further thought, my black jacket has white scotchlite reflective seams, is that illegal too ?

A mate has just given me a sample for my panniers looks good and reflects in the night and light until closer and then looks black costs £10.00 for36" x24".

A mate has just given me a sample for my panniers looks good and reflects in the night and light until closer and then looks black costs £10.00 for36" x24".
Bloody hell! £10 for six square feet of the stuff?! Anyone want to go halfs? I don't need that much.

Sorry for the delay, but I'm up to my eyes in it at the moment.

The black reflective sheet costs £7.50 for an A4 sheet plus a couple of bob for p+p. so about 8 quidish. This is the mutts nutts 3M stuff, and trust me, that's pretty feckin cheap.

If you want the cheap stuff, it works out at about £5ish, and I'm told it won't last long on the back of a bike, so it's a bit of a false economy really.

I'm getting some stickers done for next week, so I'll see him then if anyone still wants some.

Vern....I'll have a couple of sheets of whatever's closest in colour to the silver pannier finish please mate....I can transfer money online to you , whack a chq over or settle up in folding stuff when I come to collect...whatever's best for you!

Cheers!!!!!!
Bill

Two black sheets for me please Vern.Let me know how you want paying.

Dave

Vern,

Two black sheep for me too please.....oops wrong thread. Two black sheets for me please.Let me no your address and I'll post some beer tokens

Andrew

Ok, I'll have to wait until Friday, because he's moving premises this week, and all is not going to plan at the moment.
I'll also see if I can chip him a bit on price as well (fat chance)
I'll post details on Friday:beerjug:

This is my first time, so please be gentle with me.
Hi I would like to order two sheets of the trick black stuff please.
Where do I go from here?:confused:

OWDGEESER

Me! Me! Me!

I'll have two sheets aswell, money here waiting just tell me where to send it!:beerjug:

Calm down, calm down you lot, If everyone who wants some posts here, I'll know how much to order, and how much discount I can beat out of him, sorry, that should read negotiate:D then you can all send the dosh at the same time and save my little leggies wandering to the bank and back all the time.
Greetings to you owdgeeser, welcome to the, the, the, can some one please remind me what this is again:confused: :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom