Anyone interested in doing a First Bike on Scene first aid course?

By my count there are now 12 people interested in the course. I think the only way to set the coures up is on a first come, first served basis, so the people who have expressed an interest will have priority.

I have received an email from South West Ambulance Services part of which says: I have spoken to the trainer and there is a strong possibility that it could be Saturday 30th May at Exeter but obviously we need to get everything tied up with us and Devon Council Road Safety.

Hopefully Devon County Council will be able to work with the ambulance service for the 30th May. As I have already posted, I don't expect to get confirmation for a week or so.

Hopefully Devon County Council will be able to work with the ambulance service for the 30th May. As I have already posted, I don't expect to get confirmation for a week or so.

Hi Andy, hope France is going well, Interested in the coarse but i have now volunteered to drive the lorry and Mech and be pit bitch for a mate who is racing this year in the BSB 1000cc metz :thumb2 ,as i seem to have some time to spare:confused: and thats Thruxton weekend

cheers Mark

I did this course just before Christmas, free of charge and a days bikesafe training too.

The paramedic teaching the course told us that the idea came from ambulances turning up at a road traffic collision and the bikes had filtered to the front and were sat there, if they had basic first aid experience then they could be first on scene.

Well worth doing. :thumb2

I am doing one today (Friday) FOC in connection with bike safe and Somerset and Avon Police.

I will let you know how I get on, they are running a few course through out the year FOC

I am doing one today (Friday) FOC in connection with bike safe and Somerset and Avon Police.

I will let you know how I get on, they are running a few course through out the year FOC

You will regret it if you don't do the course, it was bloody brilliant and very well put across, in my opinon every biker should have this information

Update on the FBoS course for the 30th May at Exeter.

South West Ambulance are OK for their room in Exeter and have a trainer available for the 30th May.

Devon County Council's road safety Officer has verbally told me he sees no problem with the Council subsidizing the course with everyone paying £10.00 each out of their own pocket. I can't confirm the date and cost definately until Devon County Council confirm the subsidy in writing but I think things have progressed enough to confirm the people who would like to attend.

I received an email from the Ambulance service today part of which states:

So sorry for the delay on confirming this for you. Mr Newcombe is on leave this week, so as soon as I receive written confirmation that this will be funded by the Road Safety Team in Devon, I will confirm with you.

Many thanks for your patience.
Kim

We now have 11 people who have said they would like to do the training which leaves room for one more.

Myself
Crapauld
rob mac
Bob
Shep
Mucky Helmet
alanw
JoeCgs1150se
Canuck and wife
Cookie Boy

I can confirm for the 30th, thanks for your efforts in organising this.
PS Will there be stickers?

Sounds great,thank you for organising! One thought to throw out, if this is to be funded by the RST perhaps we should make some form of donation to the Air Ambulance ? No specified amounts, maybe a collection, or proceeds from the sale of some items prior to the 30th?
Any comments..............

FBOS 30th May '09..

Confirming that i'm "on" for this course..

Look forward to getting the confirmed details / times etc etc..

Ref payment ,,will it be pay in advance ,or cough up on the day??
Either isnt a problem, if in advance will need details for whom to pay of course..

Thank you for organising this for us, very much appreciated..
Agree with the "donation" idea, will be a good way to put something back..

Joe C..

I have now received written confirmation of the course from DCC and Ambulance South West :clap

There are 11 people interested at the moment which means there is room for one more person.

Is everyone on the list OK to attend?

Myself
Crapauld
rob mac
Bob
Shep
Mucky Helmet
alanw
JoeCgs1150se
Canuck and wife
Cookie Boy

It will easier for me to send the cheque for £120 for the course and for the individuals who want to attend to send me their cheques for £10.00 each.

I am away tomorrow night (21st April) for 10 days and I will have limited internet access so I will contact everyone who wants to do the course when I return around the 3rd May.

I believe I am right in saying that the FA cup Final between Chelsea and Everton is also on May 30th: I don't know if that would affect anyone who had planned to do the course?

Here is a copy of South West Ambulances confirmation email:

Dear Andy

Re: First Aid training for motorcyclist

I am writing to confirm that I have booked 12 places on the above course.

Date: Saturday 30th May 2009
Time: 0915-1630 hrs
Venue: Board Room, Trust HQ, South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Unit 3 entrance Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Exeter EX2 7HY

There is a tea/coffee machine in the rest room. Please bring a packed lunch with you.

The cost of this course will be £120 inc., (Devon Council will make up the remainder of the sum of £480). Please pay on receipt of invoice by cheque made payable to South Western Ambulance Service NHS Trust. Your certificate will be sent to you after completion from the Royal College of Surgeons.

Please see Terms and conditions:

We look forward to seeing you and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Andy, best put me down for a place, that gives you 12.

Barry G

Nice one Barry. That's the 12 places filled if everyone on the list can make it.

If anyone else is interested, Please put your names down here. If any places become available they will be on a first come, first served basis

A place has become available for anyone interested. I am away soon for 10 days, will respond when I return.

FBOS 30th May '09..

Devon,
Hi, just confirming again that i'm "on" for this as per the plan..

South west ambulance guys were at the bikesafe at haynes today and did do part of it ,,the helmet removal bit,, and also spoke about other bits that they'd be covering on these FBOS courses.. Looking forwards to doing it, should be good..

When you get back if you let me know about paying etc etc i'll sort it out ..

Thanks again for doing this for us ...

Joe C

Back
Top Bottom