best bike to bike radio's ?

Just duplicate the channel spacings that appear in ch 1 to 8 in channels 9 to 16......12.5 khz....eg 12.5khz up from 446.09375 is ch 9

if you are using kit with no 6.25/12.5 khz spacing .......use 5 khz steps alternating between 10kz and 15 khz steps....works fine.

etc etc

looking forward to hearing how Divelandy gets on

Last edited:
Why am i feeling like a Guinea pig

Radio's should be here in 5-10 days.

Found i ordered the 150mm Kenwood cables (1429) which are too short, so will replace with the 1430's which are the same cable, but 1m long.

PTT on back-order.

The number plate mounts and aerials are in the process of being made, so ready by the end of the month.

Expect the first trial over the first bank holiday weekend or the White Horse Historic Tour on the 10th May - if someone else has a radio...

Steve

Dont feel so bad divelandy.........I am about to fit a couple of rexons to our bikes ...I made the antennas a while a go ,theres a post on here somewhere about making antennas for 446mhz

I will do a digi photo post on the fitting,it will be a simple affair without one of those autocom/starcom boxes ......has to be in the next 4 weeks before the first tour of the year.

Rexon RL 402 radios are ham type radios which open up with a couple of keypresses and accept 12v (up to 16v actually) from the bike to run them without an adaptor...........I had one in my collection and soursed another for buttons of ebay......

I wont be hiding the antennas ...........I'll mount them on the back racks.........both bikes have panniers but no top boxes.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156441&page=2

Just got the 2 radio's along with programming lead, CD and battery eliminators - oh, and a free pen! Very tidy little radio's the 777's. The manual is in Chinese and English.

Just waiting to get the 1430 leads and i can trial with the built in antenna.

Mate uses them on his estate ,his daughter can jump on a horse and ride off out of sight with one radio and he still gets good solid comms with her............they seem pretty rugged too.

Just got the 2 radio's along with programming lead, CD and battery eliminators - oh, and a free pen! Very tidy little radio's the 777's. The manual is in Chinese and English.

Just waiting to get the 1430 leads and i can trial with the built in antenna.

I ordered the same radios and just got an Irish revenue notice that I have to pay €29 duty. I Got a spare battery and 2 bike battery leads too.:blast

Ah well, I’ve got away with other stuff. Ye win some ye lose some.:nenau

:aidan

Still can't see a definitive answer...

Will the puxing 777's work with Autocom without mods?

Got the two autocom kits, just need comms...

I mean can they be bike powered, and will the PTT's from Autocom fit?

I'm really a radio numpty :rob

Still can't see a definitive answer...

Will the puxing 777's work with Autocom without mods?

Got the two autocom kits, just need comms...

I mean can they be bike powered, and will the PTT's from Autocom fit?

I'm really a radio numpty :rob
I had a Puxing 777 plus working on my autocom via a standard kenwood radio lead and bike powered battery eliminator. PTT worked fine with the Autocom PTT cable.

Currently working on a Puxing 888 based system.

autom

I had a Puxing 777 plus working on my autocom via a standard kenwood radio lead and bike powered battery eliminator. PTT worked fine with the Autocom PTT cable.

Currently working on a Puxing 888 based system.

Hi there

does the 888 work with the kenwood lead also??

Thanks
dave

Tried out my 777s this morning:thumb2

What he said:thumb

Hi there

does the 888 work with the kenwood lead also??

Thanks
dave
Finally, after a weeks work I got the Puxing 888 setup on the bike last night (Kenwood lead). All appeared to be working fine, PTT was opening and transmitting when pressed, but when I did a radio check the speech volume transmitted via the Autocom was barely audible. On its own the same Puxing radio is fine so I'm suspecting the Autocom in some way, but I'll keep an open mind.

Disappointing after all the work I've put in, now I've run out of time, were leaving for Scotland Saturday, sans radio :(

Finally, after a weeks work I got the Puxing 888 setup on the bike last night (Kenwood lead). All appeared to be working fine, PTT was opening and transmitting when pressed, but when I did a radio check the speech volume transmitted via the Autocom was barely audible. On its own the same Puxing radio is fine so I'm suspecting the Autocom in some way, but I'll keep an open mind.

Sorry to hear that Ebbo :(

I've finally got the leads and hopefully work on the indicator cancel/PTT solution this weekend (detailed in other thread). Will let you know how i get on. The aerial and numberplate mount should come next week and then it's all sorted.

My current issue is that the power plug ive put on the battery eliminator does not have a cable clamp. The wires on the elminator are small and thin, and expect them to pull out at some point. I've clamped the cable, as well as the ground wire on the ground terminal to try and prevent this.

Sorry to hear that Ebbo :(

I've finally got the leads and hopefully work on the indicator cancel/PTT solution this weekend (detailed in other thread). Will let you know how i get on. The aerial and numberplate mount should come next week and then it's all sorted.

My current issue is that the power plug ive put on the battery eliminator does not have a cable clamp. The wires on the elminator are small and thin, and expect them to pull out at some point. I've clamped the cable, as well as the ground wire on the ground terminal to try and prevent this.
Parallel thinking! I spent 2 hrs last night making up a lovely antenna mount that fitted behind the number plate, it’s no-where near as high as I’d really like, but it was real neat, all for nowt this trip,

No matter, 7 days rain would be worse! :)

Status update.

I installed the antenna last night and it fit's nicely.

I've programmed the Puxing 777 radio with the basic PMR channels and also with the Kenwood channels, though need to test to make sure i have the correct settings.

I installed the autocom PTT switch and found that my thumb ended twisted under the bars which became painful, so removed the same day :blast

Bikers Oracle Antenna kit
IMG_1273_small.JPG

Assembled with additional hole for numberplate screw and BNC to SMA adapter
IMG_1274_small.JPG

Fitted and not interfering with top box
IMG_1278_small.JPG

Still need to complete routing of cable
IMG_1288_small.JPG

Puxing 777 radio connected to aerial, battery eliminator and autocom. It still works - now i need to test the range.
IMG_1284_small.JPG

Outstanding:
- spray antenna mounting black
- build 'indicator cancel' PTT switch
- find place for radio not in tankbag - ideas anyone? :nenau

While both of these things are true it should be made clear that the higher power output is only legal in some countries - and the UK isn't one of them :D It's also illegal to have a remote arial in the UK (don't really understand why...)

That said, the power boost is just a few button presses so it's easy to change as you cross international borders equally you can have a remote arial mounted somewhere on the bike but not connected. As you approach a border you simply unscrew the A80's arial and attach the remote one.

I've used these for years now - thery're cracking little radios.

Uhh, noob here, greetings all. :aidan

Found this thread while searching for any site that would explain how to increase the power output of my Intaride A80's. Would appreciate if you could expand on the 'few button presses' needed, for when I am somewhere I can use it :augie

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom