Dr & Mrs J's Tour of Spain - Bilbao to Conil

I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of your trip.
Good on you both.
Ride safe and enjoy.
Gary

Great trip

Keep up the piccies and the details of the run looks really good I to love seeing storks amazing birds how they keep the nests together amazes me.
have agreat time and DO keep us all posted.
dave ( jealous as hell! ) GS.

Bugger! Hurry up with the story.

I'm away on Sunday and can't wait.
Hope we enjoy as much as you two obviously are.

An interesting read Jonathan. :clap

Mandy and Mrs J must be cut from the same cloth, they both like their comforts.

An interesting read Jonathan. :clap

Mandy and Mrs J must be cut from the same cloth, they both like their comforts.
:thumb2
Linda also;
top quality, durable, yet fine material.
comfortable next to the skin. :augie :green gri

though inclined to fray at the edges....

:hide

:thumb2
Linda also;
top quality, durable, yet fine material.
comfortable next to the skin. :augie :green gri

though inclined to fray at the edges....

:hide

what happened when Linda married you then :augie :blast

Arrived in Conil!

We arrived yesterday afternoon after an easy run down from Merida. The last 20 miles was very, very windy which Mrs J wasn´t so keen on.

It was great to see our friends April and Andrew. April is a nurse who worked with Mrs J and ever since they moved to Spain a year ago, Mrs J has really missed her. Andy was a fish merchant and they manage properties for Brits.

Anyway, here´s the view from our apartment. You can see North Africa when it´s clear.

Attachments

• Imagen 001.jpg
    Imagen 001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 374
Mrs J wasn´t so keen on riding today and neither was I so I washed the bikes while Mrs J did the washing. I love washing the bikes, it´s sort of therapeutic. Neither bike appears to have used a drop of oil in 950 miles.

Here they are, spotlessly clean and ready for the journey home...

Attachments

• Imagen 003.jpg
    Imagen 003.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 375
I asked Mrs J if she´d do this again. I think that if we did, we´d shorten the tour a bit and spend two nights in places like Merida and Salamanca which really are worth looking around. Passing through, you do miss some of the touristy things. But the hotels have been great and we´ve enjoyed riding together hugely.

Also maybe reduce the mileages a bit because Mrs J´s Guzzi hasn´t got great wind protection. The Scala Q2 has been amazing, and being able to talk as we ride has made a good trip into a really great trip.

Right, I´m off for Tapas and a Siesta as it´s very sunny and hot here. When in Spain and all that!

Nice one Doc,you and the missus enjoy the time out,just off for a bimble to the coast myself. :Motomartin :ChrisKelly

Also maybe reduce the mileages a bit because Mrs J´s Guzzi hasn´t got great wind protection.
that occurred to me when you first posted / but i didn't want to comment.

suggestion for the next tour;
Brittany / lots to see - and easy if low miles per day and it can be Very Laid Back :thumb2 / D roads+ "route Bis" (tourist roads) / easy to find good hotels+good food, without trying hard.

Glad it`s all been enjoyable for you both...great pics too. :beerjug:

Don`t forget we want a comprehensive report on the homewards bound part of the trip too. :thumb2

Trip to Santiago

Since you are planning to go to Santiago, avoid the main roads.
I would suggest you go or come home via the N-621 which goes through Riano. Look it up on google earth.
Make sure you have a full tank of fuel before setting off on this route, & plan to stop overnight. It is one of the most scenic roada I have ever travelled on in Spain. Through the middle of Spanish National park.
At the southwest end is Leon. Enjoy & travel on to/from Santiago.
At Santiago, leave transport & walk into tourist trap past cathedral front. Keep on walking straight for another 100 metres & you are in the heart of Santiago old town.
Accomodation: In the street where you now are: Rua de Franco, practically every building provides accommodation. There is no need to book in advance.
It cost me 30 euros per night for a triple bedded room. Clean, plain & cheap.
Regards Myke

Glad it`s all been enjoyable for you both...great pics too. :beerjug:

Don`t forget we want a comprehensive report on the homewards bound part of the trip too. :thumb2

Don't worry, I'll post on the way home as well. While we've been here, we've actually been relaxing and not ridden much at all, doing the whole beach holiday/eating out/lazing around thing. I didn't think you'd much care for holiday snaps.

The journey down was great, I only hope the journey home is as good.

We leave on Tuesday so expect regular reports and pictures as we ride home next week.

J

" Mrs J´s Guzzi hasn´t got great wind protection "

New seat cover needed then :augie

I've only just found the thread.....have a good one.

ps when you get back don't ask Mrs A about getting covered in Duck sh!t..visor,top and trousers...:mmmm

Back
Top Bottom