Off road run

ChubbyThumper

Reaction score
Some recces have been done for an off road/boreen run. It will be do-able on Tourances with care. The run will be led by Erneman on his 1200GS. More details after the final recce this weekend.

You got home ok with that chain then Terry?
Good to meet you. :thumb
Mark

(apologies for the slight thread hijack!)

You got home ok with that chain then Terry?
Good to meet you. :thumb
Mark

(apologies for the slight thread hijack!)

No ploblems Mark.No bunks available on the ferry so spent the night on a seat in the bar listening to a bazillion noisy boozing Liverpool fans. ....They won apparently. When I saw your post thought you were going to be tailending me :augie round Fermanagh/Donegal.

I done another recce today. Bring Plates for under stands as one of our stops will be on a beach! And togs if you want to go for a swim!!!!!!!!!!

if you are going on the off road run meet at palm bush filling station at 9.15am and leaving at 9.30 sharp.[if you are late you can catch the road ride from the same place at 10.00am] when you leave lough erne hotel turn right following signs for belleek pettigo,donegal. filling station is 3 miles out that road on right.you can do it on road tyres no problem.there is only about 8 miles of it that is very slippy but you will have a soft landing.bring waterproof boots or wet feet.most of the trails are roff,so make sure your bike is tight or bring a tool kit.

lunch will be provided for 7 pounds per person in the black cat cove.breaded place or chicken or lasanya we will be ordering it before we leave palm bush filling station you will also need fuel for 130miles

if you are going on the off road run meet at palm bush filling station at 9.15am and leaving at 9.30 sharp.[if you are late you can catch the road ride from the same place at 10.00am] when you leave lough erne hotel turn right following signs for belleek pettigo,donegal. filling station is 3 miles out that road on right.you can do it on road tyres no problem.there is only about 8 miles of it that is very slippy but you will have a soft landing.bring waterproof boots or wet feet.most of the trails are roff,so make sure your bike is tight or bring a tool kit.

ERNEMAN said:
lunch will be provided for 7 pounds per person in the black cat cove.breaded place or chicken or lasanya we will be ordering it before we leave palm bush filling station you will also need fuel for 130miles

Sounds great. I'd say you'll have more than a few takers for that run Erneman :thumb2

Here is a waypoint for the Palm Bush filling station. :thumb2

Attachments

• RR Start.gdb
    160 bytes · Views: 147
Sorry I got a few Questions :aidan

how much of the 130 mile run is offroad and what's it mostly of.. gravel, muck,forest tracks or grass
Any fords?
is there places where i can join in later... as no chance of me riding before 10- 10:30 if i drink on Fri night:augie

is there a GPS route for it?

and lastly what time to you hope to be back in Kesh at?

Sorry I got a few Questions :aidan

how much of the 130 mile run is offroad and what's it mostly of.. gravel, muck,forest tracks or grass
Any fords?
is there places where i can join in later... as no chance of me riding before 10- 10:30 if i drink on Fri night:augie

is there a GPS route for it?

and lastly what time to you hope to be back in Kesh at?

There is a morning loop, mossy lane, fire roads,boreen, b roads, beach, returning to Belleek for lunch which may suit you then Boreen, fire road, a mountain and a few small sheoughs to negotiate. Finish time will have to be flexible depending on numbers, skill level, smoke breaks, shitetalk and photo opportunities. No fords that I am aware of but I was only on the first recce. You wouldn't know what that Erneman has up his sleeve. Hope you're bringing your camera...

GPS route...Brian will have to answer that one. He was using one on the recce ok

Hope this helps

sorry no gps route. i was using a road book and maps.go out the donegal rd out of pettigo about 5-10 miles until you see a lake down below the rd on right with a picnic bench we are using the trail across the rd from it. we should pass there about 10.30 although we are not stopping here. on the recce run sunday there was a lot of rain and lots of foot deep puddles so it depends on the weather. its about 1/2 on rd 1/2 off rd if all goes to plan but we can cut out some trails if the going is to slow as terry wants everyone to do the dowra express

sorry no gps route. i was using a road book and maps.go out the donegal rd out of pettigo about 5-10 miles until you see a lake down below the rd on right with a picnic bench we are using the trail across the rd from it. we should pass there about 10.30 although we are not stopping here. on the recce run sunday there was a lot of rain and lots of foot deep puddles so it depends on the weather. its about 1/2 on rd 1/2 off rd if all goes to plan but we can cut out some trails if the going is to slow as terry wants everyone to do the dowra express

Ta :thumb2 i'll leave it closer to the time to see if i'll go on it as my tkc's are a bit fecked and i might be on the road tyres... i don't fancy green lanes or muddy tracks on road tyres

Ta :thumb2 i'll leave it closer to the time to see if i'll go on it as my tkc's are a bit fecked and i might be on the road tyres... i don't fancy green lanes or muddy tracks on road tyres

Yo may just have a drinking partner at the bar yet - I've just discovered the joys of Captain Morgains spicey Rum and their flogging it at £9 a bottle in the village at the moment:comfort

I didn't see this thread till now, sounds brilliant and I can't wait. :bounce1

HEY CHUBBY, ARE THERE PUDDLES TO SPLASH IN ??:augie

Back
Top Bottom