Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Details of venue

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Details of venue

As noted on other threads, venue is now at my place.

We have a large 60 x 40 workshop that has been under construction since last September (the lengths I go to to please you fellow airheaders). It will be fully equiped with all workshop facilities including hydraulic bike lift, airtools, welding gear etc and every tool you can think of. Builder assures me it will be completed in next couple of weeks. We have put down 170 tons of stone to form base and now just awaiting concreting to finish.

There will be secure covered bike parking for up to 50 bikes. Anyone attending with car/trailer/wobblybox can park in the sandschool and we can hook up electrical supply. I hope to have an extra toilet and shower built in corner of workshop but anyone can use house/ holiday cottage as required.

Back lawn was seeded this morning and is area of 500sq metre. In addition, we have extra garden area which could take another 10+ tents.

If you don't mid sleeping on a slope (like the campsite at Llandgollen!) there are also fields available.

We have 12 acres of woodland in which I have created an enduro course. If it rains before the event, it will be hard work on a GS but if it stays dry it should be manageable. Certain sections are very boggy as confirmed by elderly smurf who managed to get Yamaha 660 Grisly stuck!

We are approx 12 miles south of Bideford in middle of nowhere so no worries about neighbours.

I will speak to local pub about ferrying us back and fore and laying on food etc for the Sat night. Local is very biker friendly and local bike club now meet there weekly.

The local may be able to offer B&B to anyone adverse to camping. I will get prices and details in next week.

For anyone coming from far away, you are very welcome to arrive anythime as early as you like and stay until whenever. I may be away to TT from the Monday following...

I hope that covers most queries but just ask and I'll answer any queries.

Trippy
    Looks and sounds fantastic Sid

Have you thought about getting a few poly barrells of a good ale in?
    Cotleigh do some 4.5 Gallons that don't need to sit for a few days and I think they deliver up there.
    I can enquire about price and if it works out about a pound a pint it maybe worth getting two in.

Cheers Trippy

My main worry is that as it is at my place, you won't show up.

I'll leave the beer/cider to my very experienced "Alcoholic Solutions Provider" a.k.a Proff who has promised to sort out the logistics relating to alcoholic consumption.

Trippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    Cheers Trippy

My main worry is that as it is at my place, you won't show up.

I'll leave the beer/cider to my very experienced "Alcoholic Solutions Provider" a.k.a Proff who has promised to sort out the logistics relating to alcoholic consumption.
    I'll be there mate and I reckon if we can sort the beer & cider out, people might like spending one of the evenings just sitting out amongst the bikes and tents rather than the pub.

I'm happy to host a big BBQ on the Sat night or even possibly a Hograost possibly if that is what people want.

I will go with what people want, within reason!

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy View Post
    Looks and sounds fantastic Sid

Have you thought about getting a few poly barrells of a good ale in?
    Cotleigh do some 4.5 Gallons that don't need to sit for a few days and I think they deliver up there.
    I can enquire about price and if it works out about a pound a pint it maybe worth getting two in.
    I'll take two as well.

It's looking fantastic Sid. Sure to be a cracking do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Feck! I'm tempted to buy an airhead just so I can come to this event!

Looks like you'll have a great time.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Trippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapaud View Post
    I'm happy to host a big BBQ on the Sat night or even possibly a Hograost possibly if that is what people want.

I will go with what people want, within reason!
    Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKelley View Post

Better try and find you a bargain somewhere, how much have you got to spend?

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've had inquiries from people who want to "borrow" one of my airheads, just so as they can attend

Best speak with Thunder, chief collector of airheads at the moment, so I've heard

I'm trying to work out go away on the wekend before going away on holiday is a good idea the holiday is to the Dolomites on the bike though

Trippy
    Ex German Plod on Mobile de for 1900 Euros ono.

I like
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sounds good

Better try and find you a bargain somewhere, how much have you got to spend?
    Slightly less than nothing.

Maybe if I glue some cooling fins on the 1200.....

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Trippy
    Slightly less than nothing.

Maybe if I glue some cooling fins on the 1200.....

Get him on a technicality.

What cools the oil that in turn cools the engine on your 1200?

Get him on a technicality.

What cools the oil that in turn cools the engine on your 1200?
    You sir, will be getting Slapped legs

Stop winding the "Oilys" up
    It's not big, and it's not clever....

Trippy
    Will there be a raffle?

Will there be a raffle?
    You'll be wanting Bingo next !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast