Who's coming?

Is that list above all we have coming? I was hoping for many more than that.

Perhaps we should allow non-airheads and then maybe convert them to the cause?

Sid

Best idea in this whole section :clap

Perhaps we should allow non-airheads and then maybe convert them to the cause?

Sid

F*ck me he'll be having kittens now :D

It wouldn't be a bad thing to up the numbers, otherwise your going to end up with half a dozen in the w/shop and the same again on a ride-out.

I hope they turn up :thumb2
Flip will like playing on his Dads bike and >>>

Camille :rose has got a hell of a challenging 12 acre off road course to surmount :eek::eek:
and it's within 50 yds of the workshop :thumb2

I got a 600cc 4wd Grizzly bogged down :mmmm

twas last year but Sid can't set the date on his camera :augie

PICT1781-1.jpg

PICT1782.jpg

PICT1778.jpg

Dont forget JustStan and Klieneblume.

As if you could :augie

i shall do my best

i may ride down or cheat and hire a van to bring camille down in as i may have Rossi with me. either way i'll get there:thumb2

Dont forget JustStan and Kliene blumen.

As if you could :augie

Well done that man :rob I was just about to mention the very same thing 'only the other way round' :augie

and I don't reccon Thunder will be allowed out to a GSer bash on his own either.

Val.

I plan to be there, do I have to put my name down again? Only problem is we have a wedding reception on Saturday night so will have to disappear for that but should be camping Friday night and returning Sunday morning if theres still stuff happening on Sunday.

Not a problem Bubbles..
We is Gentlemens:rob and there may be gentle off roading in Sids wood or More shenanigans in the workshop
We will have more idea of the actual itinerary tomorrow after Sid comes to spend day with us :thumb2:thumb2

Lucky buggers just got back from two weeks in MaJorky :comfort

probably.just waiting for confirmation i can have that wee kend off:augie

I'm so sorry Colt:nono:nono

BUT your presence is compulsory :rob:rob:rob
We may need parts, you have more than any other airhead man !!!:thumb2

Sids also got news for the B+B,ers
Definite 4 places and maybe a close B+b place at Stibbs cross :thumb2

:confused: Eh? I think I've missed a very important detail somewhere. :confused:

I was offered a trip to Thailand with some friends :augie tbh the nubile bit seems a bit scary these days :rob

However, I'm not so sure that it won't be cheaper to go. Every time I look at the sodding bike I spend a little / a lot more of my savings. A weekend with you guys may make the bank manager weep :cool:

But on the plus side, I'll get to pick the brains of the knowledgable :blagblah and enjoy some :beerjug:

Decisions Decisions

Sids just left, looks like a good weekend in the offing...
B+B is going to be available, prices to follow later today..
Participants will be arriving from the Thursday onwards and will be welcome...
People not rushing back on the Sunday are welcome to stop longer if they wish.

My R65 g/s will be there for people not wanting to get their own bikes all shitty in Sids wood....

Sid will be posting the proposed itinery later today in another thread :thumb2

Regarding the oily owners such as Val H :augie
Being as his partner is arriving on an AIRHEAD TWIN SHAFTDRIVE :bow
His oily can be hidden from sight and be ignored, same goes for anyone else in that situation :thumb2

More later .............................

Update

Proff's already covered some of the items but I'll note everything below and start seperate threads for some things.

Attendance
Covered by separate thread in Airhead section but it looks like we have 29 people so far which is a good number.:)

B&B
My eccentric neighbour has 2 spare rooms at his farm and can put up 4 people. He is only a mile down the lane so easy walking distance but he might be pursuaded to give a lift in one of his numerous cars (many Bentleys, Rollers etc).
Another neighbour has an official B&B business but she thinks she is booked up that weekend, she will check with the agent she uses and confirm to me in the morning.
The Woodford Bridge Country Club is just a few miles away. I got there at 5.05 pm and booking office had closed at 5.00pm. I've looked them up online and it shows only 2 rooms and expensive. However, the receptionist has given me a number to call in the morning to get a better deal direct. I'll put details in a seperate thread so that it doesn't get lost in here.

Breakfasts

B&B above is likely to be just B for bed with breakfast at our place. My wife, Ann, and Proff's wife, Babs, have agreed to cook up full Proff sized farmhouse English breakfasts:). This will include real Devon bacon and sausages not the cheap muck from the supermarkets.

Evenings meals
Thoughts so far are: Thursday night just go to pub at Woodford bridge for a meal there. We can arrange sufficient transport to get people there and back.
Friday night suggest we can do a big curry with veggie option as well.
Saturday night we hope to have a Hogroast and/or a big BBQ. For veggies we have plenty of grass to eat.:D

Booze
Proff will sort out decent real ale and cider from his sources. For southern softy lager drinkers (like me!), I'll get plenty of cans in as well as soft drinks and wine etc for the girlies. We will just sell this at reasonable prices and any profits will go to my Calums Road Gambia charity fund raising.

Parking
Wobbyboxes and cars with trailers are very welcome and can park in sandschool. I think we should be able to hook up power supply and if not then we have use of generators.

Music
Proff wants music from 60s, 70s and 80s as most airhead owners are old gits.:D

Workshop
We will have two full size hydraulic bike lifts and one scissor lift. We will have variety of bikes on display so show how easy it is to service these bikes. Probably do a complete build up of Ann's R80 from bare frame to complete bike.
Facilities will be available for anyone who wants to service their bike themselves using the tools etc and advice of the experts. Proff hopes that Sherlocks will be in attendance with service kits for most models. Please let us know if you want to take advantage of this and we can ensure we get the required bits. Workshop will be available full time from Thursday to Sunday.

Road Ride
Trippy seems to have some ideas on this so he can organise it! Depending on numbers, we can split this into two groups and head south to Dartmoor and surrounding area. Suggest we set off Saturday morning, stop at cafe for brief lunch break and return mid afternoon. This will allow plenty of time to play in workshop in evening then eat drink etc.

Building Progress
Builders have concreted floor of workshop whilst I've been in Majorca for last two weeks. Finished surface with powerflow so I just need to paint it for a perfect finish. Side cladding is due to go up this week. Electrician booked to wire up everything in week before event!
DSCN1997.jpg

I think that covers everything but please ask if there is anything I've missed.:)

Sorry airhead dudes, party pooper in da house..... I can't make this now, please subtract my lanky presence from the attendance list.

Have fun and good luck with the event! :rob :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom