Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who's coming?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Ok I am an inquisitive person!

So its a choice between some old airheads and nubile thai girls?

What's it to be?

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    wheres the if your not going thread

im working so no

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by carinatauk View Post
    Ok I am an inquisitive person!

So its a choice between some old airheads and nubile thai girls?

What's it to be?
    Eh? I think I've missed a very important detail somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

I plan to be there, do I have to put my name down again? Only problem is we have a wedding reception on Saturday night so will have to disappear for that but should be camping Friday night and returning Sunday morning if theres still stuff happening on Sunday.

25 Mar 1949 - 10 Nov 2016 Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Not a problem Bubbles..
    We is Gentlemens and there may be gentle off roading in Sids wood or More shenanigans in the workshop
    We will have more idea of the actual itinerary tomorrow after Sid comes to spend day with us

Lucky buggers just got back from two weeks in MaJorky

probably.just waiting for confirmation i can have that wee kend off
    "Happy GS ing , G/S ing and StreetCarving! (colt)

Quote Originally Posted by colt View Post
    probably.just waiting for confirmation i can have that wee kend off
    I'm so sorry Colt

BUT your presence is compulsory
    We may need parts, you have more than any other airhead man !!!

Sids also got news for the B+B,ers
    Definite 4 places and maybe a close B+b place at Stibbs cross

Quote Originally Posted by brassmonkey001 View Post
    Eh? I think I've missed a very important detail somewhere.
    I was offered a trip to Thailand with some friends tbh the nubile bit seems a bit scary these days

However, I'm not so sure that it won't be cheaper to go. Every time I look at the sodding bike I spend a little / a lot more of my savings. A weekend with you guys may make the bank manager weep

But on the plus side, I'll get to pick the brains of the knowledgable and enjoy some

Decisions Decisions

Sids just left, looks like a good weekend in the offing...
    B+B is going to be available, prices to follow later today..
    Participants will be arriving from the Thursday onwards and will be welcome...
    People not rushing back on the Sunday are welcome to stop longer if they wish.

My R65 g/s will be there for people not wanting to get their own bikes all shitty in Sids wood....

Sid will be posting the proposed itinery later today in another thread

Regarding the oily owners such as Val H
    Being as his partner is arriving on an AIRHEAD TWIN SHAFTDRIVE
    His oily can be hidden from sight and be ignored, same goes for anyone else in that situation

More later .............................

Update

Proff's already covered some of the items but I'll note everything below and start seperate threads for some things.

Attendance
    Covered by separate thread in Airhead section but it looks like we have 29 people so far which is a good number.

B&B
    My eccentric neighbour has 2 spare rooms at his farm and can put up 4 people. He is only a mile down the lane so easy walking distance but he might be pursuaded to give a lift in one of his numerous cars (many Bentleys, Rollers etc).
    Another neighbour has an official B&B business but she thinks she is booked up that weekend, she will check with the agent she uses and confirm to me in the morning.
    The Woodford Bridge Country Club is just a few miles away. I got there at 5.05 pm and booking office had closed at 5.00pm. I've looked them up online and it shows only 2 rooms and expensive. However, the receptionist has given me a number to call in the morning to get a better deal direct. I'll put details in a seperate thread so that it doesn't get lost in here.

Breakfasts

B&B above is likely to be just B for bed with breakfast at our place. My wife, Ann, and Proff's wife, Babs, have agreed to cook up full Proff sized farmhouse English breakfasts. This will include real Devon bacon and sausages not the cheap muck from the supermarkets.

Evenings meals
    Thoughts so far are: Thursday night just go to pub at Woodford bridge for a meal there. We can arrange sufficient transport to get people there and back.
    Friday night suggest we can do a big curry with veggie option as well.
    Saturday night we hope to have a Hogroast and/or a big BBQ. For veggies we have plenty of grass to eat.

Booze
    Proff will sort out decent real ale and cider from his sources. For southern softy lager drinkers (like me!), I'll get plenty of cans in as well as soft drinks and wine etc for the girlies. We will just sell this at reasonable prices and any profits will go to my Calums Road Gambia charity fund raising.

Parking
    Wobbyboxes and cars with trailers are very welcome and can park in sandschool. I think we should be able to hook up power supply and if not then we have use of generators.

Music
    Proff wants music from 60s, 70s and 80s as most airhead owners are old gits.

Workshop
    We will have two full size hydraulic bike lifts and one scissor lift. We will have variety of bikes on display so show how easy it is to service these bikes. Probably do a complete build up of Ann's R80 from bare frame to complete bike.
    Facilities will be available for anyone who wants to service their bike themselves using the tools etc and advice of the experts. Proff hopes that Sherlocks will be in attendance with service kits for most models. Please let us know if you want to take advantage of this and we can ensure we get the required bits. Workshop will be available full time from Thursday to Sunday.

Road Ride
    Trippy seems to have some ideas on this so he can organise it! Depending on numbers, we can split this into two groups and head south to Dartmoor and surrounding area. Suggest we set off Saturday morning, stop at cafe for brief lunch break and return mid afternoon. This will allow plenty of time to play in workshop in evening then eat drink etc.

Building Progress
    Builders have concreted floor of workshop whilst I've been in Majorca for last two weeks. Finished surface with powerflow so I just need to paint it for a perfect finish. Side cladding is due to go up this week. Electrician booked to wire up everything in week before event!

I think that covers everything but please ask if there is anything I've missed.

Relative numpty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Sorry airhead dudes, party pooper in da house..... I can't make this now, please subtract my lanky presence from the attendance list.

Have fun and good luck with the event!

With great regret I'm not going to be able to come

Work is the curse of the drinking classes

Murroe, Co. Limerick - Crumlin, Co Antrim

a maybe

I might get there and I'd be camping - if I can sort out the ferries, if I'm feeling better (bloody incompetent doctor) and if I can find all the bits and pieces for the camping - first time in 20 very odd years, and if none has bought the 80.
    "Why, but there's many a man hath more hair than wit." Act 2, Scene 2, A Comedy of Errors

Sid has got a few spaces for B+B at his mates place just up the road...

Vans, Wobblyboxes will be on the sand school, nice and flat.

Tents will be on the nice new lawn.

Full Breakfasts will be available for the ones who require them
    Friday and Saturday night, food will be available.
    Menu to follow when Barb and Ann have got their heads together

I'm off to the Brewery tomorrow to arrange 9 gallons of REAL ale from the Beer Engine
    [Newton st Cyres http://www.thebeerengine.co.uk/]

Probablly PISTON as Sleeper is too bloody strong
    Cider will be on tap as well
    From my USUAL supplier...
    Any other questions please post on here

couple of questions folks

'Sid has got a few spaces for B+B at his mates place just up the road...'

I may be up for one of these if its conveniently nearby. What is the score on these ? I'm a lazy sod and could do without having to find a tent / sleeping bag !! -- but if it means I'll be missing out on the craic then I'll find a tent

Where is this happening ? (or are you keeping schtum until later)

I would expect to arrive Fri mid evening (coming down after work). What is the latest for food ? I'll sort myself en-route if I cannot make it in time

CHeers
    MIke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilkins View Post
    'Sid has got a few spaces for B+B at his mates place just up the road...'

I may be up for one of these if its conveniently nearby. What is the score on these ? I'm a lazy sod and could do without having to find a tent / sleeping bag !! -- but if it means I'll be missing out on the craic then I'll find a tent

Where is this happening ? (or are you keeping schtum until later)

I would expect to arrive Fri mid evening (coming down after work). What is the latest for food ? I'll sort myself en-route if I cannot make it in time

CHeers
    MIke
    PM Sid, as it's his crazy mate :}

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast