04/05 Flange defect, take note

Happened to be in Bahnstormers Alton yesterday picking up some parts and asked what they reckoned on the lead time - June they reckon. I still haven't had the fuel pump recall done but having checked that and the flange on my bike there's nothing visibily wrong with either so will wait till its convenient.

Mikeyboy raised a point that for removal the wheel/disc flange has to be heated to 120C. That could risk overheating the grease packed wheel bearing seal. So unless the flange is cracked its probably best left well alone.

Watch UKGSer for a spate of failed rear wheel bearings.

Happened to be in Bahnstormers Alton yesterday picking up some parts and asked what they reckoned on the lead time - June they reckon. I still haven't had the fuel pump recall done but having checked that and the flange on my bike there's nothing visibily wrong with either so will wait till its convenient.

I'm booked in 30th May at Alton, I they had earlier spaces, but I wanted a weekend

Any one had the recall done yet? any chance of a before and after pic of the old/new parts. Just had a look at a friends 2011TC and it is noticeably more substantial with a thick casting rib running all round the edge. Our bikes, 09, are smooth and appear machined all over.
Dont think I will rush in, told June anyway, let the techs practice on a few first :aidan

Going to Williams Manchester tomorrow to get my flange done...

Mine changed efficiently on Thursday by CW in Dorchester and I enjoyed a sunny trip to West Bay on a courtesy bike of my choice whilst work carried out. Top service. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom