Help before Kesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenbyrne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry for hi-jacking the Kesh Banner but I just noticed that the rear pads on my 04 GS1200 are none existent.:(

Can anybody help because I really dont want to miss Kesh this weekend.....:(

Should I buy sintered or standard EBC pads......... what do BMW recommend:nenau

Thanking you in advance

Brian

Sorry for hi-jacking the Kesh Banner but I just noticed that the rear pads on my 04 GS1200 are none existent.:(

Thanking you in advance

Brian

BMW recommend BMW pads... £24?

I have EBC in mine..£14.

:beerjug:

Thanking you in advance

Brian

EBC are good. Sintered will last longer.

Thanks David.......... I always understood that if you had sintered on the front that they should not be used on the rear......... something to do with the wheels locking-up?????

Do BMW recommend sintered front and rear??

Thanks David.......... I always understood that if you had sintered on the front that they should not be used on the rear......... something to do with the wheels locking-up?????

ABS will stop either end locking up.

:thumb2

what are brakes :nenau

think i will have to cross the border next time my bmw bmw pads cost twice that :blast
ps i have a spare set if you are very stuck:aidan

Thanks Frank.......... going to try my local bike shop first.......... but you never know.... you might get a pm yet:thumb

Remember to remove the pads and clean all the shite off the pistons before ya push them back in

and make sure the caliper moves on it's sliding pins

EBC will probably last longer the way 1200's use pads and fuel controllers and antenna's and final drive bearings and, and, and, and,

:hide:hide:hide

I always understood that if you had sintered on the front that they should not be used on the rear.......

As far as I know, you have that the wrong way round.

If you have sintered on the front you HAVE to have sintered on the back as well.

Also, as I mentioned somewhere else on this forum, I was quoted €75 for each set of BMW brake pads from a Co Wicklow BMW bike dealer two weeks ago . That’s €225 for all three sets.

I’ve been looking into this myself. And from what I’ve found out on this, and other forums, I will be getting sintered EBC pads front AND back for my GSA in the next week, and fitting them myself.

Also, when ordering pads from EBC online, they ask for calliper type as well as model, year etc etc. They seem to be used to dealing with gormless Tossers such as myself.

Sorry if this is a bit garbled, Im just in from the pub.

:beer:

i would go sintered both ends - last longer. non-sintered on the rear last no time at all...

Thank you.... one and all:thumb2

Picked up a set of EBC sintered this morning.........:thumb2

See ye all in Kesk:beerjug:

Now.. how do I close this thread:nenau

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom