Spout's Recce - Photos & Thoughts.

THE DOCTOR

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to join Spout today on his recce for the off-road ride suitable for the heavy GS's who have a bit of off road experience. I've got to point out now that I'm relatively new to off road riding so I went along on my DR350 to take a few photos & get some more off road dirt under my wheels.

3 of us met up in Llangollen at 9am & after the 'hellos' were exchanged we set off up a narrow single track with a sheer drop to our left! At the top Spout said 'if you can do that the rest will be a doddle' :eek It was then I realised I'd left my safety specs at the bottom (I think I left them on my seat) & there was no way I was riding back down so I did the whole recce with no eye protection.

The next tricky bit was a wet slate trail, Spout powered up, Vincent had a spill & I got my camera out! :cool:
1ATrickyStart.jpg

For an idea of difficulty: I did a novice, sorry Timpo, EASY ride-out last weekend with Timpo & after about 3 hours I was totally shagged. Today we did the full 6 hours & I was fine, could've filled up & done it all again.

OK, here's photos of some trails..
2Trail.jpg

3Trail.jpg

4Trail.jpg

5Trail.jpg

We even did some water!
6Water.jpg

9Water.jpg

As I was on a lighter bike I could pull away from the KTM990 on some tricky sections & set up for a few photos.
See the route on the right? That's the path Spout & I took. Guess which path Vincent's going to take! :D
7Water.jpg

8Water.jpg

Totally enjoyed it today, thanks for letting me tag along Spout, I don't think I did too bad - I must be getting a bit better. :beerjug:

Today's ride (Spout's): 6 hours with quite a few ciggie stops & approx 80 - 90 miles.

See you all next month in Llangollen. :beer:

Yes, those pics give a good indication of the average going to be expected, thanks for posting them. :thumb2
Obviously the weather plays a great part in the conditions, so fingers crossed it won't be too wet.... or dry come to think of it..... it gets dusty! :D

Looking forward to it. :bounce1

Timpo.

Thanks for the ride out chaps:thumb good luck on the BIG bm's ride :cool:
Was nice meeting you both.

PS... cool pic's

The next tricky bit was a wet slate trail, Spout powered up, Vincent had a spill & I got my camera out! :cool:
1ATrickyStart.jpg

I know that piece of slate.. I dropped my XC on it last week.... I think it was the weight of a first aid kit I was carrying at the time took me off balance, eh Terry:augie

think my topbox with the the stuff in side was about 10kg+:D and im 110kg lol

Great pictures Phil ! Are you sure you don't want to go to Croatia this year ??
Seamus

A quick look at Paul's itinerary & I know it's too intense for me!
Last year was fantastic but I prefer a more sedate holiday so I've organised a more relaxed tour for this year.

Full report when I return! :thumb

I look fwd to your stories from your trip. Have fun & keep an eye on your luggage!

:comfort

Vincent may have had his topbox full of first aid kit?

-0001Medium.jpg

Looks like you did the lanes we did on the Advrider weekend 2 weeks ago - but the other way, so you went up where we went down.

Can't believe you fell over Vince :D

Maybe next time you'll be brave enough to go riding with the KTMs ;)

Pete

Looks like you did the lanes we did on the Advrider weekend 2 weeks ago - but the other way, so you went up where we went down.

Can't believe you fell over Vince :D

Maybe next time you'll be brave enough to go riding with the KTMs ;)

Pete

it was that leaf in my way wot did it:D

Back
Top Bottom